Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual Weaponry

catalyst of change

Thank you for the clarification. As it was put by another mod before "it DOES mean that this is not the place for demands of proof". So, you can see the confusion.

What was meant by that is that we would also like to accomodate some threads in which these topics can be discussed from a believer's point of view as oppose to every thread revolving around demands for things to be proven.

Ok, science doesn't prove anything, it evidences.

How exactly is this beyond the the constraints of human physiology?

And your link is grossly misrepresenting the paper it is citing.

No it's grossly negating your (probable) established stance on the subject. The measurable photon emission part of it is true and that is the point, plus you are under the erroneous assumption that it is incumbent upon those that wish to discuss this to first have the same tired arguments with the resident dullards as to their scientific validity as a precept.

sorry not the case ;)

Edited by King Of Agony

What was meant by that is that we would also like to accomodate some threads in which these topics can be discussed from a believer's point of view as oppose to every thread revolving around demands for things to be proven.

what he said

No it's grossly negating your (probable) established stance on the subject. The measurable photo emission part of it is true and that is the point, plus you are under the erroneous assumption that it is incumbent upon those that wish to discuss this to first have the same tired arguments with the resident dullards as to their scientific validity as a precept.

sorry not the case ;)

Not at all. The site misrepresents to suit its agenda, sorry but that is a major point. You simply wanting science to back up your personal beliefs is a problem because they feel they are just qualified and there opinions on science are just valid as those who actually study science, which is in reality not the case.

None of this backs up your original point.

Not at all. The site misrepresents to suit its agenda, sorry but that is a major point. You simply wanting science to back up your personal beliefs is a problem because they feel they are just qualified and there opinions on science are just valid as those who actually study science, which is in reality not the case.

None of this backs up your original point.

No you are fixating on the site and link itself as a diversionary tactic to mitigate the fact that measurable photon emissions radiate from the body and thus confirms that the body's energy system exists outside of the physical and thus can physically effect matter albeit the fact it is at the subatomic particle level in it's minutiae. Admittedly the metaphysics associated with that link subject to debate, but as I have already stated in the interceding reply I didn't bother with a thorough search as this is common knowledge (or I so thought)

So your contention that by the inclusion of the that link I am attempting to perpetuate this alleged misrepresentation is inherently fait-accompli

I didn't bother embarking on a comprehensive search because this is pretty much common knowledge, but this should sum it up for those of you that are laymen (no disrespect intended )

I'm not a particle physicist btw, so lets not derail too much ;)

Edited by King Of Agony

Jeez ppl. What happened while I was gone?! The point is, WE believe so don't tell us what is real and what's not. Just because you can relate something we discuss to a stupid show doesn't mean we are apart of it. I'm not a roleplayer and I don't fantasize about delusions. If you believe we are crazy, then let us be crazy. By demanding proof, you are also going off topic and you see it on EVERY thread so please give us a break. Anyways, explain your weapon a bit more avius. Sounds interesting.

• Like 1

my green sword still needs practice but i think when its stronger it can cut threw anything, ya i stole green eyes from someone.

From who? What properties does it have and how did it retain them once you stole it? Mine is in the shape of an actual medieval sword with fire and lightning mana. The lightning was on accident but it works.

I'm getting a little tired of repeating the same things over and over to the same people.

Let me be absolutely clear: The purpose of the Psychic Abilities forum is discussion with the assumption that Psychic Abilities exist. In the same way that one discusses physics with the assumption that the phenomena of gravity exists, and one discusses biology with the assumption that evolutionary theory is accurate, so are psychic abilities discussed here with the assumption that they exist as a force as well. Whether or not you can actually prove gravity, evolutionary theory, and psychic abilities exist is irrelevant. The assumption is that they exist, and the point is not up for debate, in the same way that evolution is not up for debate in a discussion concerning biology. It is simply assumed to exist.

There is a significant difference in arguing about the existence of something and arguing about whether it happened. What some members here do, despite having been warned multiple times and getting to the point that they are becoming serious annoyances (Mattshark, good morning, how you doing today?), is waste time (yes, waste) insisting that psychic powers don't exist and therefore any discussion concerning them is pointless. That sort of thinking has no place in this forum. That sort of thing is acceptable, however, on the Spirituality and Skepticism board. See, we here at UM try to accommodate everyone's need for a good discussion. That some people try to kick down other people's sand castles is downright childish.

On the other hand, if someone wishes to discuss whether any specific event occurred, such as what is being reported in this thread, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Anyone who knows me at UM knows that I am a skeptic through and through. I have not, at any point, assumed that what Nightwalker is reporting is inherently false. I have, however, asked questions to determine whether or not what he is saying could be valid or could be credible. This is my right, as both a skeptic and as someone who likes to discuss. I do not demand any proof that Nightwalker is not willing to provide, and I do not condemn him for whatever conclusion I may come to. Should he wish to inquire what sort of evidence I would require in order to consider his claims more credible, I would be more than happy to provide that. Even if he just wants a little constructive criticism in how to present his case, I have done that too for members.

The point, however, is that even without believing that this event took place (Sorry Nightwalker, but I'm just not getting that vibe from you), I can still question, I can still discuss, and I can still counter without ever resorting to "Psychic abilities don't exist, so anything you say is stoopid!" If you can't do that, if you can't disconnect yourself a little for the sake of an intellectual exercise, then 1) You don't need to be here in this thread specifically or the Psychic Abilities forum in general, and 2) You need to seriously reconsider your level of humility.

Now, back on topic. If you want to discuss reiki, make absolutely sure you show what the connection is to the OP (and that means more than just a casual mention somewhere). If you want to discuss whether Nightwalker can do what he claims, by all means, go ahead. If you want to discuss whether his powers exist at all, beat it. This forum has already assumed that for the sake of discussion.

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 1

I didn't mean to derail the thread and I am not familiar with the regulars here, so sorry if I came across as overly obtuse ..I have to agree with Aquatus, yet I can understand Matt's POV to some extent as well ...

My perception of Mr Nightwalker at a cursory perusal of this thread is that he does not seem deluded or psychologically compromised himself and whether this is a type of mental exercise, RP or if he truly believes this is not germane to the topic unless his emotional stability or that of another is jeopardized in the discourse of a discussion...

I apologize if I am over stepping my boundaries here and I interested in seeing this topic continue unabated (I'll just read for a while, this is all fascinating to me :innocent: )

Edited by King Of Agony

man o man, guys sure did give my mind a good run. i thought i knew what was going on, then i slowly started to just skim and shrug.

as for the whole sword n bow thing, i dont deem it impossible, as for the word it self says IM POSSIBLE. i have to say though i did get a good image of naruto and a bleach mix though =P

as for the psi balls, i have felt such things. for making a full on bow and sword it seems very unlikely. anyone in the past who showed signs of having superb psychic skills, always came at a heavy price. they were sickly as the abilities seem to take the toll on the human body, and that was from moving objects and such.

im a fair believer in psychic phenomenom (sorry for spelling i refuse it while netting ^^) but this seems to be more of a mix of imagination and the power of thought, belief. your mind controls your very reality, it is what u make of it.

keep it up though, if what u say is true keep at it. we'll need all the help in the world whn "stuff" starts to go down.

Sorry but that is completely illogical. It is perfectly possible to talk about things that do not exist.

There is a belief that when you give thought to something that you have created it on a certain level, then its just a matter of time until it filters down into real time. That is what magick is all about(well to me anyway). And the.. wizard is just the one who is the quickest in timing and accuracy and has enough focus/belief to do this, imo. That is how they make things appear out if thin air so to speak. There was a cool page I found once called magick garden or something that basically went on to say that the best way for this was to dream the experience first and manipulate what you want there, then you just wait for it to cross over from the astral to the physical plane because it has already been created on another level. Which is why I said that even to me thoughts are meaning that you have given it existence already.

*I should add though that things can/do get distorted as they filter down.

Anyway think positive and always follow your dreams and one day you might achieve what your after.

Edited by Kazahel

Well I see how making a bow would seem impossible. When I first started this stuff, I myself thought many things were outrageous. Now that I've increased my spiritual energy, focus, knowledge, and comprehension to that level, I see that it can be done. I push my ki to my hand and form it around my fist and shape it into the form of a bow. Then I add more energy and condense it. My friend said that my sword reaches up to about 5 feet long. He felt it with his hand. But then again, what's an archer without bow skills or a swordsman without sword skills. I now have to strengthen them and then learn how to use them efficiently. Has anyone here reached a level of power where they can form knives without their hands and project or throw them? I learned how to do that recently as well as mental weapons and shields.

Well I see how making a bow would seem impossible. When I first started this stuff, I myself thought many things were outrageous. Now that I've increased my spiritual energy, focus, knowledge, and comprehension to that level, I see that it can be done. I push my ki to my hand and form it around my fist and shape it into the form of a bow. Then I add more energy and condense it. My friend said that my sword reaches up to about 5 feet long. He felt it with his hand. But then again, what's an archer without bow skills or a swordsman without sword skills. I now have to strengthen them and then learn how to use them efficiently. Has anyone here reached a level of power where they can form knives without their hands and project or throw them? I learned how to do that recently as well as mental weapons and shields.

Night, I don't know if you would be interested in this new spell I have developed. It's potential for destruction is jaw dropping.

Instead of, as you do, focus your energy into a ball make and your ki expel the heat. Once you feel like you can do it you should be able to make a frigid ball of solidified energy and ice, here is the key part so the spell doesn't unravel; concentrate upon your energy within the ball and start spinning it faster and faster (all the while you have to keep expelling all the heat, never stop expelling the heat). Launch the rapidly rotating frigid mass away from yourself and completely disconnect from the energy from a safe distance and it should explode violently (the difference in temperature does that) sending super sharp shards of ice infused with energy in all directions for about 10 to 15 yards (the shards evaporate quickly).

I call it the Frozen Orb.

Edited by over9millionyearsold

Sounds interesting. Will practice that tonight. I made two pretty simple techniques as long as you have minor abilities over electro, pyro, and cryo. One is called thor's lightning. You draw in holy energies until you're vibrating intensely. Then push that absorbed energy to both hands and form to spikes about a foot long. Condense the construct and then add lightning mana to it and lace the spike. The pulse both energies in unison while keeping it in it's shape at the same time and then throw them away from you at the target and let them explode through it.

My other tech is called the artic flame. You basically make a fireball and then put a shield of ki around it for the next part. Draw in ice mana around that ki shell and form a hard ball of ice and feel it pulsating in a blue flame. Then blast it like a ki ball and let it explode on the target. There should be intense heat mixed with a freezing cold feeling. I also call this tech, freezer burn.

I did that tech you told me about last night and in the process, came up with a new one. You push your ki into your hands and spread your arms. Shape it into a tornado-like form and twist it rapidly while drawing in mana to it at the same time. You will feel a strong twister in your hand. Release it by thrusting your hands forward and blast a cyclone at the target.

Honestly, I can't even see how you have verified the existence of your constructs. Right now, you seem kinda of stuck on "I felt it, and someone else felt it." Do you have anything more objective.

If you add enough energy, it is visible. Energy manipulation isn't about verification. You'll know if you did it or not.

If you add enough energy, it is visible. Energy manipulation isn't about verification. You'll know if you did it or not.

That simply makes no sense.

As in you don't do it just to know you did it.

As in you don't do it just to know you did it.

Right, that explains a lot.

Night, I don't know if you would be interested in this new spell I have developed. It's potential for destruction is jaw dropping.

Instead of, as you do, focus your energy into a ball make and your ki expel the heat. Once you feel like you can do it you should be able to make a frigid ball of solidified energy and ice, here is the key part so the spell doesn't unravel; concentrate upon your energy within the ball and start spinning it faster and faster (all the while you have to keep expelling all the heat, never stop expelling the heat). Launch the rapidly rotating frigid mass away from yourself and completely disconnect from the energy from a safe distance and it should explode violently (the difference in temperature does that) sending super sharp shards of ice infused with energy in all directions for about 10 to 15 yards (the shards evaporate quickly).

I call it the Frozen Orb.

Blizzard might not like the copy right infringements!!!!

blastright.jpg

Darn Orb Sorcs! :)

Are you saying that just because you found a video game move that suited his technique, that it came from the game? Anyways, I can now shoot my arrows pretty well and my weapons may be able to affect physical objects in about a week. I need to give them names.

Not good enough. The human mind is pathetically good at fooling itself. That is why I always verify everything externally. And if you aren't bothering with verification, then I'm not really going to ask anymore of you. I'm not really into people's belief systems. I'm looking for useful data to progress psi research, not for personal beliefs.