Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US blackout

winsor302

full link text is: http://eutimes-dot-net/2010/05/us-orders-blackout-over-north-korean-torpedoing-of-gulf-of-mexico-oil-rig/

yeah im running norton the machine still ok

MOD NOTE: I just ran Norton Safeweb and it came back negative for threats, and went to the site myself and didn't get any obvious problems other than cashclick/traffic/revenue generating crap, but if you don't feel right about going to the site, I agree you shouldn't do it - find an alternate site and article. -Paranormalcy

Edited by Paranormalcy
added mod note - not sure about the site

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• susieice

• Watchers

• Amberlight

• winsor302

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a warning that this website was unsafe to view.

I did too. My antivirus programs detected a threat. Don't open link

I did too. My antivirus programs detected a threat. Don't open link

He's trying to cause the blackout!!!!!

He's trying to cause the blackout!!!!!

Did yours do the same thing. Wonder if we're OK. I ran scan. Definitely said virus was detected.

Did yours do the same thing. Wonder if we're OK. I ran scan. Definitely said virus was detected.

Hah, no. I read your warning and didn't touch it. Hopefully YOU'LL be ok. :yes:

Haha, I'm only kidding. I'm sure you'll be fine. If your AV caught it, you should be good.

As I edited the OP and stated, I used Norton Safeweb, not that that magically proves it, but it came back negative for threats on the site, but better to be safe - I urge people to find an alternate site for this article if it's setting off virus scanners, and maybe post the alternate link if you would be so kind. -Para

I've found an alternate site for this:

http://randysright.wordpress.com/2010/05/02/us-orders-blackout-over-north-korean-torpedoing-of-gulf-of-mexico-oil-rig/

Where this was also posted:

SilenceDogood2010

Just FYI; The EU Times is reported by some to be a “Skinhead” site. If you snoop around on the site, it does have SOME questionable content. I would also like to pass on that tonight, on 2 separate occasions, I was “Re-Directed” to other sites while the EU story page was loading. Please use caution when visiting this site.

Respectfully submitted by SD2010

I'm afraid I'm rather skeptical that North Korea torpedoed a US oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico and nobody knows about it because there's a "media blackout". The very medium that this "story" is POSTED ON would have millions of blogs burning up the interwebs... where do people come up with this poppycock.

Edited by Paranormalcy

As I edited the OP and stated, I used Norton Safeweb, not that that magically proves it, but it came back negative for threats on the site, but better to be safe - I urge people to find an alternate site for this article if it's setting off virus scanners, and maybe post the alternate link if you would be so kind. -Para

The thing that's probably throwing people off is some cross-site scripting, or perhaps an invalid certificate.

I've found an alternate site for this:

http://randysright.wordpress.com/2010/05/02/us-orders-blackout-over-north-korean-torpedoing-of-gulf-of-mexico-oil-rig/

Where this was also posted:

I'm afraid I'm rather skeptical that North Korea torpedoed a US oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico and nobody knows about it because there's a "media blackout". The very medium that this "story" is POSTED ON would have millions of blogs burning up the interwebs... where do people come up with this poppycock.

Thanks Paranormalcy. I just ran a full system virus and malware scan and I'm good too.