Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trevor Silverwood and the phantom writer

naslrogues

I was reading in an older book about mysterious events and came across the story of Trevor Silverwood. He was an MP in England and in 1977 he began receiving postcards from an anonymous sender that gave the impression that he was being watched at all times by some unseen person. The postcards were posted from all over the world and would include things like the color socks he wore on a certain day, what he had for breakfast, and even details about his daily activities around town. The postcards were always signed with a stick-figure like the one used by the character, "The Saint." Supposedly Silverwood had no idea who was behind this campaign. The book provided no updated information and internet searches yield very little additional information. Has anyone else heard of this story? I would enjoy getting some new information. I hope this is the right forum. *snip*

Thanks!

Edited by Saru
Removed unnecessary comment
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I was reading in an older book about mysterious events and came across the story of Trevor Silverwood. He was an MP in England and in 1977 he began receiving postcards from an anonymous sender that gave the impression that he was being watched at all times by some unseen person. The postcards were posted from all over the world and would include things like the color socks he wore on a certain day, what he had for breakfast, and even details about his daily activities around town. The postcards were always signed with a stick-figure like the one used by the character, "The Saint." Supposedly Silverwood had no idea who was behind this campaign. The book provided no updated information and internet searches yield very little additional information. Has anyone else heard of this story? I would enjoy getting some new information. I hope this is the right forum. *snip*

Thanks!

Amazing what happens when you "google" one's parents ! I just came accross this thread pure by chance.

I can vouch that as far as 'I' am aware he never did find out who the mystery postcard sender was. He showed me one once, and I dare say that one of us will somewhere have them tucked away with the rest of his effects.

If I remember I'll ask one of my siblings to see if they know anything differant and post an up-date if needed :)

Which "Book" did you find the story in by the way ?

(I'm his youngest son by the way).

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

If you read this, I'm not sure you're going to get a response, Bobditude. The thread started in March 2010. The second post came 18 months later, and that person hasn't been back. This thread never really took off.

Great story , I would love to hear more from the youngest son .

It reminded me of the missing garden gnomes who start sending their owners post cards and photos from all over the world ..

This story is much creepier , I like it and will look it up to see if I can find out more

• Like 1