Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Solved] - Server issue

Saru

That should be fixed now, it was caused by broken tags in someone's signature.

You mean.... one of us lt, might actually be to blame for the whole shinnanigans??? ohmy.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• NorthernBallast

• Princess Serenity

• Mistydawn

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean.... one of us lt, might actually be to blame for the whole shinnanigans??? ohmy.gif

The server issue wasn't caused by broken tags in someone's signature, if it was that easy for someone to mess up the servers then i'd be rebuilding them every five minutes. :P

That comment was in reference to the italic text turning up where it shouldn't be.

:angry2: :angry2: i blame this Hung Parliment, they did this on purpose!

The server issue wasn't caused by broken tags in someone's signature, if it was that easy for someone to mess up the servers then i'd be rebuilding them every five minutes. tongue.gif

That comment was in reference to the italic text turning up where it shouldn't be.

Jeez Saru, you took notice of what I said! You know by now I am too ditsy to add two and two and come up with a a a a whatever.... It's kinda groovy, my avator keeps changing of it's own volition.. what will I be tomorrow? Still Daffy I guess..

I think your avatar will stay put this time, i'll get uploads re-enabled tomorrow so everyone can update theirs.

Unfortunately the chat room is still quite a long way off being ready to go live again so it won't be ready today, with any luck though things will be more or less back to normal again tomorrow.

Hope you are not alone at the crash center trying to rebuild this Saru. Thanks for the updates though because ya the chat troops are definitely all getting antsy by now.

Thanks for the updates though because ya the chat troops are definitely all getting antsy by now.

Yhwohtza hybbr birb?? >(O________________O)<

I'm going to hang out with friends tonight. In real life.. WHATS GOING ON?? :ph34r:

Edited by Omerta

Hope you are not alone at the crash center trying to rebuild this Saru. Thanks for the updates though because ya the chat troops are definitely all getting antsy by now.

Not me. I can handle not having the chat not being around. Though I am a little bored. But I'm fine.

Yhwohtza hybbr birb?? >(O________________O)<

Don't make me kick you into a ravine. :P

Is this why Breach (my avvie) isn't showin' up?

I figured the old one had just lost a connection to the image, but I guess not.

Good luck with this, Mr. Saru.

Just noticed my avatar changed to one had a whle back.... I think I'ma keep it cos it made me laugh :lol:

The avatar issue can be resolved if you host the avatar. :P

Good grief...the one time I decide NOT to read anything about problems with the site and I get nipped. I hadn't been online since Friday and today I was wondering where my lovely Greta Garbo profile picture was :lol: . The one showing was one I had MONTHS ago. I thought I was going to have to take my machine in to get scrubbed again...silly me. :rolleyes:

Ehh, in the meantime I'm buying lots of Green Day songs, so i guess this isn't a total loss :D

Has this Affected the Home page too? There has been no updation with the Homepage news since the other day, it showing the same news? is this intentional, or if the server crash took with it, the homepage down?

Thanks

B???

Has this Affected the Home page too? There has been no updation with the Homepage news since the other day, it showing the same news? is this intentional, or if the server crash took with it, the homepage down?

I didn't have time to post any news yesterday however the front page has been updated this morning.

Update

The main site login bar is now working normally again.

Wow, this means I might actually have to get a life outside of the internet. O ^ O

dont do it its scary out der o.O i fink vampys havin in withdrawl symptoms >.<

Glad it is back to normal.

I tried to log in a couple of times earlier today, and all I got was a blank screen with that damn circle endlessly circling...

dont do it its scary out der o.O i fink vampys havin in withdrawl symptoms >.<

im having them *twitches* need um.... pls.....

Update

Attachment, image gallery, avatar and profile picture uploads are now enabled again.

I've restored most of the image data from a backup however there is still a small amount of data missing that can't be recovered, if your profile pic or avatar is missing or outdated please feel free to go ahead and update it. Unfortunately a couple of dozen photographs were also lost from the forum gallery and these will need to be reuploaded by the members who posted them, apologies again to any members who have lost images as a result of these problems.

I am getting an upload fail still when trying to update my profile photo.

It works now!!!

Edited by Rosewin

Update

I'm pleased to announce that the chat room is now up and running again.

Did we have an update to the system or is it still the server? Because the chat is not showing the media room, the widget in the side panel have not appeared and the moderators of the chat has narrowed to one single person- ofcourse the Administrator

Are these the effect of the server crash?

Thanks

B???

There was no update, the chat room server had to be set up again from scratch.

The sidebar chat room list is still to be done.

The sidebar chat room list is now fixed as well.