Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Marines protecting Opium Fields in Afghanstan

acidhead

US Army - "We Tolerate The Cultivation Of Opium Poppies"

— April 30, 2010 — Foxnews - We Tolerate The Cultivation Of Opium Poppies

-Back before 9/11 the amount of opium exported from Afghanistan made up about 20% of the heroin on the streets, comparted to now, after years of fighting the Taliban, and with a new government, the opium leaving Afghanistan makes up as much as 90% of the opium trade. And yet they still try and blame the Taliban.

Could it be that the CIA werent making enough out of the resources in Afghanistan because of the Taliban trying to limit the production?? Good excuse for a war id say!

Geraldo Rivera talks to troops in Afganistan about the cultivation of opium poppies for C.I.A. black operations.

Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fww_b1YVdco

WTF!?!?!?!

Edited by acidhead

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acidhead

• joshsluss

• preacherman76

• Professor Buzzkill

It was not mentioned what happens to the opium while the marines openly tolerate it and stand by watching or are they protecting it?

Just curious.....

Where can I place an order?

Brother of Afghan Leader Said to Be Paid by C.I.A.

By DEXTER FILKINS, MARK MAZZETTI and JAMES RISEN

Published: October 27, 2009

KABUL, Afghanistan — Ahmed Wali Karzai, the brother of the Afghan president and a suspected player in the country’s booming illegal opium trade, gets regular payments from the Central Intelligence Agency, and has for much of the past eight years, according to current and former American officials.

The agency pays Mr. Karzai for a variety of services, including helping to recruit an Afghan paramilitary force that operates at the C.I.A.’s direction in and around the southern city of Kandahar, Mr. Karzai’s home.

The financial ties and close working relationship between the intelligence agency and Mr. Karzai raise significant questions about America’s war strategy, which is currently under review at the White House.

The ties to Mr. Karzai have created deep divisions within the Obama administration. The critics say the ties complicate America’s increasingly tense relationship with President Hamid Karzai, who has struggled to build sustained popularity among Afghans and has long been portrayed by the Taliban as an American puppet. The C.I.A.’s practices also suggest that the United States is not doing everything in its power to stamp out the lucrative Afghan drug trade, a major source of revenue for the Taliban.

article continues.....

— October 28, 2009 — A recent article in the "New York Times" alleges Ahmed Wali Karzai, brother of current Afghan Preisdent, Hamid Karzai, and the "Pablo Escobar" of Afghanistan's heroin trade, has been paid by the CIA for 8 years. But Ahmed Karzai vehemently denies any connection with the CIA to investigative journalist, Gerald Posner.

Edited by acidhead

Reports Link Karzai’s Brother to Afghanistan Heroin Trade

By JAMES RISEN

Published: October 4, 2008

WASHINGTON — When Afghan security forces found an enormous cache of heroin hidden beneath concrete blocks in a tractor-trailer outside Kandahar in 2004, the local Afghan commander quickly impounded the truck and notified his boss.

Before long, the commander, Habibullah Jan, received a telephone call from Ahmed Wali Karzai, the brother of President Hamid Karzai, asking him to release the vehicle and the drugs, Mr. Jan later told American investigators, according to notes from the debriefing obtained by The New York Times. He said he complied after getting a phone call from an aide to President Karzai directing him to release the truck.

Two years later, American and Afghan counternarcotics forces stopped another truck, this time near Kabul, finding more than 110 pounds of heroin. Soon after the seizure, United States investigators told other American officials that they had discovered links between the drug shipment and a bodyguard believed to be an intermediary for Ahmed Wali Karzai, according to a participant in the briefing.

article continues.....

281009top.jpg

— November 02, 2009 — Afghan Opium Trade CIA Payrolled and Protected by Troops... WHERE DO I PLACE MY ORDER FOR HEROIN, MR. PRESIDENT?

I can't Grow A Plant But Obama Can Buy Off The Taliban and Profit From Opium?

US Occupiers Involved In Drug Trade - Afghan Minister

The Afghan minister of counter narcotics says foreign troops are earning money from drug production in Afghanistan.

General Khodaidad Khodaidad said the majority of drugs are stockpiled in two provinces controlled by troops from the US, the UK, and Canada, IRNA reported on Saturday.

He went on to say that NATO forces are taxing the production of opium in the regions under their control.

Afghanistan is the world's biggest supplier of opium.

Drug production in the Central Asian country has increased dramatically since the US-led invasion eight years ago.

A recent report by the United Nations states that Afghan opium is having a devastating impact on the world, killing thousands in consumer countries.

Meanwhile, The New York Times reported on Wednesday that Ahmad Wali Karzai, a brother of the Afghan president, is involved in the opium trade, meets with Taliban leaders, and is also a CIA operative.

The opium trade is the major source of Taliban financing.

--------

A bombshell article in todays edition of the New York Times lifts the lid on how the brother of Afghan President Hamid Karzai, a suspected kingpin of the countrys booming opium trade, has been on the CIA payroll for the past eight years. However, the article serves as little more than a whitewash because it fails to address the fact that one of the primary reasons behind the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan was the agenda to reinstate the Golden Crescent drug trade.

The agency pays (Ahmed Wali) Karzai for a variety of services, including helping to recruit an Afghan paramilitary force that operates at the C.I.A.s direction in and around the southern city of Kandahar, Mr. Karzais home, reports the Times.

An October 2008 report from the Times reveals how, after security forces discovered a huge tractor-trailer full of heroin outside Kandahar in 2004, Before long, the commander, Habibullah Jan, received a telephone call from Ahmed Wali Karzai, the brother of President Hamid Karzai, asking him to release the vehicle and the drugs.

In 2006, following the discovery of another cache of heroin, United States investigators told other American officials that they had discovered links between the drug shipment and a bodyguard believed to be an intermediary for Ahmed Wali Karzai.

The Times article out today also discusses how the CIA uses Karzai as a go-between between the Americans and the Taliban. He is also directly implicated in the manufacturing of phony ballots and polling stations that were attributed to the Presidents disputed election victory.

If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, its probably a duck, the American officer said of Mr. Karzai. Our assumption is that hes benefiting from the drug trade.

continued: http://www.prisonplanet.com/ny-times-afghan-opium-kingpin-on-cia-payroll.html

watch:

Edited by acidhead

— May 07, 2010 — http://www.infowars.com/government-ad...

Alex Jones puts into perspective the radical behavior of SWAT teams and other government enforcement agencies who recently raided and terrorized a family and killed two dogs in order to bust a man for one gram of marijuana.

At the same time, the CIA and other agencies of government have admittedly carried out narcotrafficking operations for decades. This is especially true in Afghanistan, where troops guard opium crops, and the fight against the Taliban and al qaeda is mired in drug trafficking.

This whole War on Terror is a complete joke.

While NATO and the american military is running around chasing god-knows-who.... they are allowing the opium production to escalate.

Its totally pathetic.

What makes any thinking person believe they are accomplishing anything positive here?

For starters... how the hell can somebody convince me that they can root out terror world-wide when the american government™ cannot even root out

gangs like the Bloods and Crips back home in America?

This news that they allow the opium production in Afghanistan to escalate out of fear that the populace will turn on the troops has only convinced me further

that somebody within the american executive branch of the CIA isn't and hasn't been honest with the american voter, the american person and the global

populace within the western world.

Hellllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

*** I have one question that hasn't been answered***

Where can I place an order for some heroin or some delicious opium sap?

-the one important part missing from the VIDEO and FOXnews provided was HOW the opium and heroin LEAVES the country of Afghanistan and ENTERS the western world's Streets.

-surely since the afghanis are allowed to grow these crops - because of the money - than there MUST be a SELLER, a BUYER. a MEETING PLACE, an ESCAPE ROUTE OUT OF THE COUNTRY...... and so on..........

What?!?!??! -are we all of a sudden all in the 7th grade here?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

WHERE DOES THE OPIUM GO AFTER IT IS CROPPED???????

WHO IS THE BUYER??????

WHO DOES THE SELLING??????

WHAT IS THEIR NAME??????

HOW DOES THE DRUGS LEAVE THE COUNTRY?????

WHERE DOES IT LEAVE THE COUNTRY OF AFGHANISTAN?????

WHERE DOES A PERSON PLACE AN ORDER?????

Edited by acidhead

Nothing new. I think in Vietnam the soldiers used it as well as guard it. These peoples lively hood depends on it, without it, there is no economic value. The people would suffer and there would be more problems and uprisings. Not what Obama needs on his plate. We wonder why heroin is making a comeback, well, there ya go.

So the war on drugs doesn't extend to the war on terrorism. I would hazzard a guess that these drugs are finding there way into the US either by the CIA or the Taliban or both, funding terror.

Nothing new. I think in Vietnam the soldiers used it as well as guard it. These peoples lively hood depends on it, without it, there is no economic value. The people would suffer and there would be more problems and uprisings. Not what Obama needs on his plate. We wonder why heroin is making a comeback, well, there ya go.

I would think a uprising in Afgan would be better than being responcible for 90% of the heroin in the world. Besides, its not like the average afgan gets any of the money.

but...but......... the evil doers hate our freedoms...........laugh.gif

Isn't this the same story that has been going on for years? The whole thing revolves around the US Military not wanting to disrupt the local economy.

If it were me, I'd just whack the poppys and tell those people to start growing wheat, or making ceramics or to do anything else. This is like tolerating child slavery, or organ harvesting, or mass toxin development. There isn't any way that these poppys are good in the long run.

Isn't this the same story that has been going on for years? The whole thing revolves around the US Military not wanting to disrupt the local economy.

If it were me, I'd just whack the poppys and tell those people to start growing wheat, or making ceramics or to do anything else. This is like tolerating child slavery, or organ harvesting, or mass toxin development. There isn't any way that these poppys are good in the long run.

Nah. They've tried to grow wheat and don't have the land or resources to make any real money. Poppy in Afghanistan grows like a weed therefore there is little maintenance needed making it much cheaper and more profitable than anything they could possibly make.

Not saying I think it's a good thing, but they don't do it for evil purposes and greed, they do it to survive. Something I will always agree with...

Edited by joshsluss

Nah. They've tried to grow wheat and don't have the land or resources to make any real money. Poppy in Afghanistan grows like a weed therefore there is little maintenance needed making it much cheaper and more profitable than anything they could possibly make.

Not saying I think it's a good thing, but they don't do it for evil purposes and greed, they do it to survive. Something I will always agree with...

Who do the farmers sell the opium sap and heroin to now that the marines and NATO forces are 'tolerating' it?

Who buys the drugs?

How does the drugs leave the country?

What source of transportation is used to transport the drugs?

Who do the farmers sell the opium sap and heroin to now that the marines and NATO forces are 'tolerating' it?

Who buys the drugs?

How does the drugs leave the country?

What source of transportation is used to transport the drugs?

Well if your conspiracy is that our forces are helping out then you might be right. I forget what movie, but it was based on a true story where soldiers were smuggling in heroin through dead soldiers caskets...

Not totally implausible.

Well if your conspiracy is that our forces are helping out then you might be right. I forget what movie, but it was based on a true story where soldiers were smuggling in heroin through dead soldiers caskets...

Not totally implausible.

Denzel Washington - American Gangster - about a drug-dealing Mafioso who smuggles heroin into the U.S. in the corpses of deceased Vietnam veterans.