Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GIRLS FOOTBALL

$£xY T!g£r

Hello! Who agrees that girls should be allowed to play football? laugh.gif

I think that girls can be just as good as boys but maybe boys are better in games because they enjoy it more and are more suited to it. blink.gif

Please give me your views on this topic. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Tommy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ladylisa

• $£xY T!g£r

• Murdison

• Seraphina

If girls want to play football let them tongue.gif we'd be a fascist state if we started telling people you can't play this sport or whatever cause your female.

That said, I don't think girls will ever get into a major club or woman's football ever be a mainstream as men in general will always be more physically built for a sport such as football (stamina etc). Disagree with me at your liesure.

Thank you for your view Talon S I agree with it totally.

Would anyone else care to give their view on Girl's Football? original.gif

I am sorry but I totaly disagree.Where i live down south in Aussie girls play mainstream football with the boys and stop themin thier tracks most of the time.They earn the respect of the fellow team mates if they put in the hard yards the same as any one else on the team. Unfortunatly when a girl hits 13 they cant play alongside the boys and have to play in their own league which means they have to travel further because not as many girls play as boys but the option is still out there. My daughter played football (aussie rules) for two years and knocked many a boy down kicked goals and did just as much if not more (because she was a girl in a boy dominated sport) than the fellas. As far as soccer goes my oldest daughter has played soccer for many years against males and does just as well in that sport. My personal opinion is that in general we dont teach girls to acheive in sports we give them a barbie doll when the boy gets the footie.What if we gave the the football to the girl aswell what would she be able to acheive then? clap.gif Anything maybe?

Edited by ladylisa

Unfortunatly when a girl hits 13 they cant play alongside the boys and have to play in their own league

Key words in your arguement there wink2.gif Along comes puberty, and the guys leave us far, far behind. I can't say I've played much football, but wrestling training has underlined quite painfully for me the different levels of physical abilities between the average guy and the average woman (there's a great deal I'm not able to do, simply because I'm not big and strong enough).

In the professional ranks, I can't think of a single sport where woman can realistically compete with men, sad as it is to say. There's a huge difference between children playing against each other, and fully grown adults. It's a pity, but it's just the way things are.

:catANYONE REMEMBER THE FOOTBALL MATCH IN BEDNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS!

C'MON GIRLS,FOOTIE IS A BOY'S GAME! HAVE SOME GIRL STRIKERS WHERE I LIVE!.....GOD THEIR STRIKEINGLY GOOD LOOKING! devil.gif "STICK 2 WENDY DOLL'S!" thumbsup.gif

Yes Men and Women are Physicaly differant but do we have to compete against them or encourage more women to play and train for various elite levels of sports .

...thank you for that...very articulate and...moving contribution, Mr Dunderhead blink.gif

um....anyway...

Yes Men and Women are Physicaly differant but do we have to compete against them or encourage more women to play and train for various elite levels of sports

There's really a limit to what training can do....true, there are exceptional female athletes in the world, but we're still limited by what our body's capable of doing. I remember hearing about a former Wimbledon woman's tennis champion, who said the hardest matches she had were against her coach.

Her coach was a retired male tennis player, who'd never broken the top 100 in his prime. She'd beaten him twice out of hundreds upon hundreds of games. Even at the absolute top levels, the "elite" you're talking about, there's a massive gulf we're not able to close.

So far as I know, there isn't any law that says women can't play football, or other sports with the men at a world class level...but it's never going to happen I'm afraid. It's just not practical if you intend to have a fair competition.

Ugh, even thru this age of equal rights we r such a sexist world. Girls should be allowed the chance to do anything that boys do, and boys anything that girls do. Jees. We're not 2 completely different species!!!!! And sum of the girls ive seen play football r just as good as the boys!

I believe women should be able to play football,but not against men.

It would not make for good watching as the men would not play the game to their full capability,due to not wanting to go for a tackle if its a woman on the ball.

The point is that it does come down to the fact that men are physically stronger then women,that will never change.

I think you all are correct(mostly) but just giving the girls the oportunity and encouragement at a junior level even changes attitudes like dunderheads and even many girls out there.sport teaches girls and boys to stive to achieve and how to compete against yourself and opposition.As lovely as barbie is she teaches girls to strive for the unatainable fantasy world which is why our divorce rate is soring .

Edited by ladylisa

As lovely as barbie is she teaches girls to strive for the unatainable fantasy world which is why our divorce rate is soring

huh.gif

That's an....interesting theory wacko.gif I would have thought most people stepped out of that particular fantasy world the moment they got a job, started living alone, or had any kind of life experience whatsoever tongue.gif

Anyone over the age of 15 who's still clinging to Barbie's perfect little world must be leading a seriously sheltered life huh.gif I've yet to find a guy who's still running around pretending to shoot at Mr. X well into his adulthood because that's what Action Man did in HIS life tongue.gif

hmmm girls in football...*pictures a bunch of really merf girls playing in the nfl or something...*

*pictures a bunch of cheerleaders playing football...*

but seriously, if they wanna let 'em i have no objections

Really i know heaps that still want to thats why you can shoot each other with paint pellets isnt that playing gi jo? laugh.gif

.As lovely as barbie is she teaches girls to strive for the unatainable fantasy world which is why our divorce rate is soring .

huh.gif Ur not serious are u! The only talking doll I know of is called Chucky,and that's why the death rate has risen so high!.. devil.gif

Girls NO - NOT TILL YOU@VE LEARNT THE OFFSIDE RULE wink2.gif

Jimma,do you know the off side rule?I did a survey in my local and I knew more about the off side rule then most of the male footie fans,and I am female. tongue.gifwink2.gif

Edited by freddyvjason

there actually is a womans football team somewhere...it was in Sports Illustrated for women but anyways...

girls can be just as good as guys in sports...maybe even better when that time of the month comes around. sure men are heavier and built to crash into each other but thats not what it takes to be good at a spot...ive been playin soccer since i was 5...in school i could always kick farther then the boys...tongue.gif it was funny too see em scramble when i came up to kick in kickball tongue.gif but anyways...as professionally...arrogant egotistical close minded men run the pro leagues...so untill that changes i dont think that womans teams will be as mainstream or payed the same as the men. what really p***es the hell outta me is the damn restrictions in girls ice hockey and girls LAX...err lacross. in hockey...the guys can beat each other over the head with sticks...slam people into the board and check all they want...but in girls...NOOOOO they cant because they are too fraigle and they get a penalty for it *rolls eyes* oh please come on! it doesnt take a freakin rocket scientist to skate full speed and slam some1 against some boards! as for the whole fragile thing...well i dunno bout other ladies...but when that time of the month comes...i tend to get a lil violent and angry.. soooo its not like im a lil whimpy girl who goes shopping 24/7 and swoons at every guy that walks buy.

the same rules apply to LAX. running down a field...with a metal stick in ur hand...whacking people with it...lol its not that hard! my friend does both ice hocky and lax...she doesnt care bout those rules...she whacks people anyways!

i really do hope that the people that make these rules..mainly men...get it through their thick skull that its not the 1700s anymore! us girls aint as priss and proper as u freakin think!

we can be just as athletic and tough as any guy...and yet stiill be a young lady...unlike most guys ive seen...the more sports they do...the more arrogant and egotistical and meatball headed they get.

oh! 1 more thing lol i dont hate all guys tongue.gif just the ignorant 1s tongue.gif

Ive always loved playing football but theres no girl teams where i live?

I would probably get b**** up by the bucth women anyway lol wacko.gif

But yeah girls should play football but against the same sex

huh.gif Ur not serious are u! The only talking doll I know of is called Chucky,and that's why the death rate has risen so high!.. devil.gif

I dont remember mentioning talking but yes I am serious in regards to the image that is portrayed .

Hello there People. I must say that you've done a grand(e) job replying to my girls football pole and I think most of you have expressed your opinions wisely and seriously, without just 'agreeing' with what other people say. You have used your own views and not copied what people have said, so your thoughts on girls football are very interesting to read. Thank you for being honest. Here are my views on it:

I think girls should be allowed to play football with school teams or whatever, instead of being discriminated against by the boys in their school for wanting to play it. My little 13-year old cousin is sort of a tomboy and she really wanted a football club to start at her school. She told her P.E teachers and they let her begin one for Friday lunchtimes or something, and this was to be for both sexes. It was only her and two other girls that went, so they were out-numbered by twelve boys. The boys told the football coach that they didn't want girls in the team so the coach told them they had to leave. Chelsea and her friends, Shannon and Kelly, went to the head master but the head told them that 'football's a boys sport and you shouldn't play it.' They were so mad that they all started behaving really badly at school and being really naughty. Kelly got expelled and Shannon and Chelsea only got suspended, lucky for them. But when asked to explain why they had been so disruptive they replied, "Because we started the football club. We're all football mad and we weren't even allowed to join our own club! If it wasn't for us these boys wouldn't have a club to go to!" ohmy.gif

cat.gif Wot's ur favourite footie team then Tiger? cat.gif Edited by dunderhead

My little 13-year old cousin is sort of a tomboy

WOOHOO!! tomboys unite! wheee!!!

anywho! most guys cant handle the fact that a girl is better at sport then they are...somehow it hurts his pride laugh.gif whas the big deal? so ur friends make fun of you...but ya move on lol besides ya cant be good at every sport lol i mean we've all had some1 make fun of us right?