Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Most Haunted Fake?

dancin'hamster

Table turning is the result of the groups' psycho-kinetic energies

You seem very sure of something that hasn't been scientifically proven.

268587[/snapback]

Hmmmm......well it's a far more logical assumption than it being the spirit of a dead person, wouldn't you say?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancin'hamster

• Athlon64

• Saru

• Hammys Teddy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmmm......well it's a far more logical assumption than it being the spirit of a dead person, wouldn't you say?

Who am I to say what is more likely ? I keep an open mind until there is evidence to prove a particular theory. There is no more evidence in the psycho kinetic ability of people to move solid objects than there is life after death. Therefore, suggesting that one is "more likely" is rather pointless.

By the way, the table that I referred to in my earlier post was also apparently swinging and moving around in the air, rather than just lifting off the ground. And then there is the white mist. What exactly was this ? Why was it there ?

I can't really see the distinction between a living body having energies that can extend beyond it's physical boundaries, and a mind/memory/personality etc that can extend beyond a bodies physical boundaries. Both are equally possible or impossible, one doesn't negate the existance of the other.

Who am I to say what is more likely ? I keep an open mind until there is evidence to prove a particular theory. There is no more evidence in the psycho kinetic ability of people to move solid objects than there is life after death. Therefore, suggesting that one is "more likely" is rather pointless.

By the way, the table that I referred to in my earlier post was also apparently swinging and moving around in the air, rather than just lifting off the ground. And then there is the white mist. What exactly was this ? Why was it there ?

270075[/snapback]

I also keep an open mind..........and object to my POV being labelled 'rather pointless'. As this is an open forum, I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are.

As for there being 'no more evidence in the psycho kinetic ability' .......... did you ever play 'Light as a feather' when you were a kid? You know, a group of you sit around a selected person, press your palms down on their head and concentrate for a moment, then lifting them up with your little finger? The subject goes floating off towards the ceiling. It's a fun game. Just a silly party trick using energy, but it is hightly effective.

The white mist........was this subjective? Who saw it first? Did you all see it at the same time, or did someone see it, point it out - then everybody else see it?

By the way, the table turning that I refered to in my post.........the heavy old oak table was also swinging around and floating. But when we did it, we just concentrated on moving the table with the tips of our fingers, we were not using it as a method of 'contacting' of communicating with the dead. Did some helpful spirit see us and decide to help us lift the table? I think not......

As for there being 'no more evidence in the psycho kinetic ability' .......... did you ever play 'Light as a feather' when you were a kid? You know, a group of you sit around a selected person, press your palms down on their head and concentrate for a moment, then lifting them up with your little finger? The subject goes floating off towards the ceiling. It's a fun game. Just a silly party trick using energy, but it is highly effective.

blink.gif

I think that post answers my questions.

play 'Light as a feather' when you were a kid? You know, a group of you sit around a selected person, press your palms down on their head and concentrate for a moment, then lifting them up with your little finger? The subject goes floating off towards the ceiling. It's a fun game. Just a silly party trick using energy, but it is highly effective.

I looked this one up on Google as i was interested in finding out how it is done. I found one reference, but it seems that the idea is to lift the person up from underneath with both hands, which would account for how the person appears to float up in the air. I don't think there's really anything paranormal happening there.

"The basic premise of this game is to have one person lie on the floor while everyone else sits on their knees around her with both hands slightly under her. There is one "Storyteller" who sits by the head and tells a made up story about the person on the floor's life and her "untimely demise." At the end of the story, everyone chants "Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board" repeatedly as they lift her off of the ground. The idea is to have everyone believing that "spirits" are helping to lift her off the ground (in reality, she is probably being lifted because of all the people helping to lift her)."

Source

More on Table-Turning, or Tipping ~

'Faraday devised some simple apparatus which conclusively demonstrated that the movements were due to unconscious muscular action. The apparatus consisted of two small boards, with glass rollers between them, the whole fastened together by indiarubber bands in such a manner that the upper board could slide under lateral pressure to a limited extent over the lower one. The occurrence of such lateral movement was at once indicated by means of an upright haystalk fastened to the apparatus. When by this means it was made clear to the experimenters that it was the fingers which moved the table, not the table the fingers, the phenomena generally ceased. The movements were in fact simply an illustration of automatism. But Faradays demonstration did little to stop the popular craze.'

As my posts are obviously not very interesting, try reading up on the various experiments on this site http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate.../ideomotor.html

Forgive me for my scepticism, but you had implied that the person being touched on the head during this "party trick" had floated up to the ceiling. What's more, you seemed to be suggesting that this was a normal, everyday event. I found that very difficult to believe, and my opinion has not changed.

As for the "table floating" event that I mentioned, I was not present. This was experienced by other members of my family. Since I didn't see this, I remain sceptical about exactly what did occur. However, the fact that my father was one of the participants (and he is very critical of the average person's perception of supposed paranormal events), indicates to me that something odd took place. However, what that "something" actually was is anyone's guess.

Edited by Athlon64

Hi Hammy, wub.gif

It is my belief that a lot of what goes on on MH is 'faked' for the entertainment value.

Also, as any good paranormal investigator knows, you can visit the same location night after night and get nothing yet when MH shows up all sorts happen.

Are we to assume even in death most people will do anything for their 15 mins of fame? grin.gif

Athlon

Forgive me for my scepticism, but you had implied that the person being touched on the head during this "party trick" had floated up to the ceiling.

I think that was your interpretation and NOT what was implied at all, i read Hammys comment several times and it looks to me like she was merely speaking metaphorically, hardly her fault that you chose to read more into it.

What's more, you seemed to be suggesting that this was a normal, everyday event. I found that very difficult to believe, and my opinion has not changed.

Yet you believe 'your' family did it, albeit with a table??

This is a very common party trick and since you cannot possibly be every where at the same time how can you be so sure that its not an everyday event?? Having said that, i believe that Hammy was referring to the party trick itself and NOT the fact that people go floating off into the air as an everyday event.

As for the "table floating" event that I mentioned, I was not present. This was experienced by other members of my family. Since I didn't see this, I remain sceptical about exactly what did occur. However, the fact that my father was one of the participants (and he is very critical of the average person's perception of supposed paranormal events), indicates to me that something odd took place. However, what that "something" actually was is anyone's guess.

Hang on, didnt you post earlier that, that 'something' WAS paranormal??

I dont mean to burst your bubble but the fact that your father was present despite his 'rationality' does NOT give any grounds for belief in what happened other than you simply accepting his word because he's 'your dad'.

It would appear that the concept of him being wrong may have exuded you.

Teddy.

think that was your interpretation and NOT what was implied at all, i read Hammys comment several times and it looks to me like she was merely speaking metaphorically, hardly her fault that you chose to read more into it.

It was very difficult to interpret the comment in any other way. I see nothing metaphorical about the statement at all.

Hang on, didnt you post earlier that, that 'something' WAS paranormal??

I dont mean to burst your bubble but the fact that your father was present despite his 'rationality' does NOT give any grounds for belief in what happened other than you simply accepting his word because he's 'your dad'.

It would appear that the concept of him being wrong may have exuded you.

That is a fair comment, and is precisely why I corrected myself later.

Edited by Athlon64

Hello, my name is 'Dr' Jack Lomax and you can see me on the show MTV Blaggers. I thought I'd let you know that the filming done by the Most Haunted team at Castle Doorwerth in the Netherlands is all my fault.

I don't know if you've seen our show but at the beginning of the year me and my mate Tim went to Castle Doorwerth and pretended to be ghostbusters, using a load of ridiculous fake equipment and chatting lines straight out of the movie (e.g. 'class 5 full roaming vapourous torso apparition'). Not only did the people at the castle believe that we were for really from the N.C.I.P. (National Council for the Investigation of the Paranormal) but so did the national press, TV and Radio Stations. The story got out of controll and went national after we published some photoshopped pictures and a bogus field report. After a while it came to the attention of one of the researchers on Most Haunted. She contacted me asking for advice about where to film in Holland and I couldn't resist giving her the benefit of my 'knowledge'. Unwittingly they seem to have picked up where I left off and have made a show about the terrible hauntings at Doorwerth, which was never haunted until I decided to tell everyone that it was.

Its time to put this one to bed now as I'm still pestered by Dutch loonies wanting to know the minute details of my research and when the N.C.I.P. will be publishing their anual report. I'm afraid that there are no ghosts at Doorwerth and the N.C.I.P. doesn't exist, at least its all been making me laugh for ages! Enjoy tonight's show, the Castle Doorwerth special, but know this: Eyvette and team, you've been Blagged!!!

----->Most Haunted hardly use the most well researched evidence then do they? See my thred: MTV Blags Most Haunted

What channel is "Most Haunted" on?

289180[/snapback]

Living TV and FTN in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello - just looking at this particular forum, and there are loads of topics about Most Haunted.

I have watched from the off, and used to enjoy it very much.

I find the new shows far too cliched, and the Live shows a farce, but I still can't help watching it!!!!!!!!

Do any of you MH fans think the show is faked?

Do any of you think Degsy does a bit of research?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and replies  grin2.gif

Hammy x x x

201247[/snapback]

Ha ha... it's not fake I promise you.

hi Hammy  wub.gif

I have watched from the off, and used to enjoy it very much.

I find the new shows far too cliched, and the Live shows a farce, but I still can't help watching it!!!!!!!!

You need to get out more grin2.gif

I watched the first series that was enough for me, couldnt take any more of their drivel.....

Do any of you MH fans think the show is faked?

Absolutely... it is an 'entertainment' show after all, wouldnt get to many viewers if nothing happened now would it?

Do any of you think Degsy does a bit of research?

Well derek himself may not necessarily do the research but I would be inclined to believe he has access to it...

I was at a venue that MH went to and in one room alone all the names and dates Derek give out are on plaques on the walls... I dont think for a moment they would have been removed, since no filming took place in that particular room, but Im sure Deke found it very revealing. grin2.gif

Teddy. xxx

201257[/snapback]

And what about the locations where there were no plaques? I have met Derek Acorah and believe me he is a genuine and honest medium. You are inclined to think he has access to prior information regarding the locations but that is down to your own lack of spiritual development. I don't mean that to saound harsh. It's just the truth.

And what about the locations where there were no plaques? I have met Derek Acorah and believe me he is a genuine and honest medium. You are inclined to think he has access to prior information regarding the locations but that is down to your own lack of spiritual development. I don't mean that to saound harsh. It's just the truth.

Unfortunately Derek is not as genuine as he first appears. Firstly, his live shows are rigged. I myself have been witness to a blatent plant at one of his shows last Year. Up until that point I had a lot of belief in Derek Acorah, both as a man and as a spiritualist medium. Sadly the latter definately doesn't apply to him.

As for Most Haunted, it's as fake as they get, this coming from a man who would love to say it is genuine. Derek is well aware of the destination prior to recording. I myself has seen footage of Mr Acorah and the gang taking bets as to what he will say regarding contact with a spirit. This footage was then shown in the show.

i think it's strange how carl is a sceptic and i think that if derek was real carl would be a believer by live experiences and how he tells derek to come forward when he is possessed.

disgust.gifsad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

well most haunted...hmmm what can i say?

Yes of course it is.... w00t.gif

better shows on civilization channel such as the alcatraz ghost ? this guy did not beleive in ghost (someone famous i thnk)so his went to the prison in san francisco which was built on a rock in the middle of the sea...for 24 hrs armed with just a tape recorder,video-camera and spent the night in the birdman cell...

.now this birdman bloke was nuts and in the 1940's this prison was some of the main u.s murders ever known...

quite a better show then most hunted....

the birdman believe birds were better then people and had better equitly? it is also the cell of al capone...theres a web site somewere u need to check it out....google it as this guy used a m.v.p and he annoyed a ghost in the cell as he asked iif anyone was there, and it came one tape threating him he was going to kill him and shut up in a very broader male voice when they played the m.v.p back

My point is if anyone seen the r.a.f base one in north wales you would of been cluded up on most haunted from the start, Im am from north wales my self an everyone knows they have there own infomation on the website right down to the smallist detail of who (In theory) served their time during the ww2 station...has sam got the internet in the pearly gates....come on sam....tell him to dial himself up for me tongue.gif

and no one seems to remember the fact that derek accorh tried to get rid of a ghost in liverpool before he was on most haunted as a speicial guest at some speicial confrence for phyics and he blurted the wrong details....total egg noggin on face....suits u sir i say...

Most shows also do a lot for health reasons and productions coasts researching,they hire media telesales and team researchers for the production to do the business an show the facts...

what does my head in about most haunted is when a ghost appears u see one of the crews faces hogging the cam... and doing the blair which project film again? w00t.gifdisgust.gif

And before anyone asks on here i go out friday saturday and sun to the pub or gym...

so i get out much x whistling2.gifcrying.gifgrin2.gif

dreamer

devil.gifwhistling2.gifw00t.gif

if desser is parat thingy bob and has sam the angel...why dont he put a bet on the bloody lotto and do us all a favor.... by losing grin2.gif weido

post-11256-1099112010.jpg

• 2 months later...

For those who dont know I have a website espcially for people like Mr Acorah

http://www.badpsychics.co.uk

Basically we just highlight mediums and psychics mistakes and frauds

We have plenty on Derek Acorah mainly because he makes more mistakes than anyone else.

THe table tipping is the biggest load of *** ever LoL. The legs are never stable on any of the tables the use !!. You only have to apply a tiny bit of force and there will be involuntary force while you have you're hands on the table as you follow the motion of the table moving in a direction.

Also the ouiji board.... They need to put blind folds on everytime they do it, I garantee you every apprerent ghost will be dislexic

And who was the guy at the end of the tunnel on last live show? lol

I dont think its fair on the loui either. Every single thing the rest of them think its paranormal, When loui gives an explanation or dis-credits it , they all boo him lol

• 3 weeks later...

sad.gif I think MH is definately fake, and made even more annoying by Yvette Fielding's grossly exaggerated response to even the slightest noise - whatever the noise.

The story that they ran on Moresby Hall was very interesting to myself, especially as I live 5 minutes away from the buidling.

I have also been told on good authority that the only spirits the owner and his wife have seen - are in the drinks cabinet!!!

Could this charade, have been a blatent attempt to increase profits for their Bed and Breakfast business - or their ludicrously priced Ghost Hunts?

I do however believe that the graveyard opposite COULD be haunted, and I know some friends of mine HAVE had strange experiences whilst camping out there.

Incidently, the Vicar of the church is Jonathon Edwards (famous triple jumper) father.