Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US teacher sacked after being filmed beating

Still Waters

An American teacher has been sacked after she was filmed beating one of her students.

Sherri Davis, a science teacher at Jamie's House Charter School in Houston, backed 13-year-old Isaiah Johnson into a corner and began beating him while his classmates watched.

Janiqua Johnson, one of Isaiah's classmates, filmed the attack on her mobile phone.In the footage, which has made its way onto the internet, Ms Davis cane be seen dragging Isaiah across the floor before kicking and slapping him.

The video shows that the children initially thought that Ms Davis was joking with the boy after he teased a female classmate.

At the beginning of the video the children laugh and clap, but the laughter stops abruptly when Ms Davis starts hitting the boy.

Janiqua told the KHOU news channel that the teacher "snapped".

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chemical-licker

• supervike

• theQ

• rashore

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm surprised the teacher didn't get a kicking from the pupils. that's what would have happened over here.

That was horrible, I am glad the teacher got fired for her actions. Apparently she is facing charges too :)

Whats equally revolting in the video is catching images of children watching and laughing, and the sound of laughter throughout the clip, with the loud mocking Boom, boom at the end. Can't tell if some of the people in the end of the video are adults, or just big kids.

But hey, don't pick on the school system for hiring her in the first place. From what I can get off the news, the school didn't intentionally hire a loon.

oh come on the kids deserve to get a kicking their the ones that have to bail us all out of the economic debt!!:hmm:

The winner is the teacher, she got out of it. It's a frustrating task to handle todays wasted children. The end is near.

When I was 13 this was just a normal day in my school. Funny, it was rare that a student would disrespect a teacher. In fact, the principal in my elementary school had a huge Oak paddle. She rarely had to use it and yes I got it once. One student in JR High was lambasted by the shop teacher at least once a week. Lets just say that those punishments were beneficial in helping him to take shop safety seriously.

I'm not saying children should be beaten but I am in favor of corporal punishment.

:w00t: I saw this last night on the news. That woman looked like a freakin' lunatic! And I thought they said she was hired even though she was under investigation from an incident in 2009. I can't believe anyone thinks this is alright.