Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why the hatred toward Ronnie James Dio?

ambelamba

I've seen that documentary several times... I'm under the distinct impression that Phelps and family dont' believe a word they're spewing. none of them could hardly keep a straight face when they were talking to the interviewer. I don't think their actions have anything to do with religion, but have EVERYTHING to do with Civil Rights. They're p***ED at the US Government and Judicial system and they're walking on the very fine line of the consititution and they know it. Their rants tie up the courts and tying up the courts cost money... They can go to court all they want as a family, they don't have to pay lawyers.... most of them ARE lawyers who can neatly defend themselves. Notice how they never break the law. I don't know, I'm completely under the impression they don't believe 99% of what they're saying, but are only saying it because they can.

This is an interesting take, but for me I have no doubt they not only believe this crap, they feel it's their Christian duty to release this same truth that they believe exists in everyone's heart.

Shirley Phelps makes it crystal clear she thinks everything she says is a fact.

It's obvious she was brain washed into this as so many are to varing degrees, this is an extreme case of what fundamentalism beleives anyways. IMO

The idea that she beleives ( because she has been brain washed herself ) will be condemned for thinking gay is okay is the crux of her problems. If anything it's really sad to see someone so brain washed and doesn't even know it, actually thinks she is doing good.. This is a problem with fundamentalism In my opinion. Not to mention the lack of standards on freedom of speech or beliefs. Just that this group would seek to impose and infringe hate on others is really no different then the Germans that perpetuated and harmed others for hitler. IMO this allows for this and this they know only to well JIMO.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissMelsWell

• Link of Hyrule

• Beckys_Mom

• JamieSymptom

Except that Shirley Phelps didn't become a crazed fundamentalist until AFTER Mr. Phred was disbarred. Coincidences? I think not. No one in the family was a crazy fundamentalist until AFTER Pappa Freddy lost his ability to practice law.

Ronnie James Dio was a seeker. He had no idea if he was fighting for heaven or hell, and IMO probably wasted too much time even worrying about it. "Well know for the first time, If we're evil or devine, we're the last in line". I mean honestly read he's lyrics. Regardless, I feel for him. I fought that battle. I shaved my head the day he died. I pray he rests in peace.

Except that Shirley Phelps didn't become a crazed fundamentalist until AFTER Mr. Phred was disbarred. Coincidences? I think not. No one in the family was a crazy fundamentalist until AFTER Pappa Freddy lost his ability to practice law.

Geez Nik, she sounds like a seasoned/ marinated fundie for a long time to me. :P

You just can't fake that kind of evangelicalism JIMO. B)

Geez Nik, she sounds like a seasoned/ marinated fundie for a long time to me. tongue.gif

You just can't fake that kind of evangelicalism JIMO. cool.gif

You might not be able to fake it... but I could if I decided to, and I know lots of others who could as well if they thought it served their purpose. I wouldn't do it, but I'm not a slimey lawyer with a vendetta either.

You might not be able to fake it... but I could if I decided to, and I know lots of others who could as well if they thought it served their purpose. I wouldn't do it, but I'm not a slimey lawyer with a vendetta either.

Hmm, what's the purpose IYO?

Hmm, what's the purpose IYO?

I've explained what I think is going on and what the purpose is in a number of threads. Basically, Phelps doesn't hate gay people, soldiers although he wants YOU to think he does. What he's more interested in tying up the courts with civil rights and free speech battles he knows he can win constitutionally... it costs his family next to nothing to do so, they're representing themselves. But it costs the government and judicial system a BUNDLE every time someone files suit against the Phelps family. Which is the purpose. He and his children are civil rights attornies first, fundies second, if at all (I think they are acting more or less).

The Phelps family are NOT a bunch of dumbass hicks, morons, or dolts... they're extremely bright, advanced college educated, and have NOT lived in a bubble all their lives. They know exactly what they're doing. Their whole goal is to get people so outraged they'll take them to court, or demand their state prosecute them. Which wont' happen because the Phelps family knows their rights, they will NOT overstep them, therefore they can go on continuing to let idiots sue them, and they'll just keep defending themselves with pretty good success. It costs the local, regional and federal courts systems a TON of money, and they LOVE that.

That's the purpose. Their so-called cause is just one they picked becaues they know that it will outrage EVERYONE... very clever actually.

Phelps was disbarred and he thinks he was unfairly dealt with, his sons (2 I think) were also temporarily banned from practicing in federal court... the family is p***ed at the government, not gays, soldiers and dead heavy metal rock icons.

I know, that's depressing for you that they possibly might not be the fundies you can hate and feel justified doing it... but it's almost as fun to hate on lawyers.

When Phelps was practicing civil rights law, did you know he won the very first landmark case for reverse discrimination? And, he was also highly respected during the 60s for his defenses for civil rights cases for African Americans? At one time, Phelps was a rock star of civil rights law, the kind of man you'd respect actually.

Edited by MissMelsWell