Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real Jedi

sithninja

Well i use kinesis (or the force as i have come to call it) and some friends and i are learning it we teach eachother and we meditate toghter and discuss or experiances with eachother and we call ourselves jedi because we follow their teachings of meditation and their teachings of the force

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eqgumby

• sithninja

• Neognosis

• Agent. Mulder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you claiming that you can move things with "the force?"

Are you claiming that you can move things with "the force?"

i am saying that we learn in the force so in a way yes we can movethings with the force if we tried

oh. In what way, exactly?

i am saying that we learn in the force so in a way yes we can movethings with the force if we tried

Have you tried?

....I can't believe you actually related this to star wars dude. It'll be a big mistake once ppl like mattshark come along. You'll cope though. Try to come up with a better name for the "force" and "jedi".

http://www.jedichurch.org/

It's a recognized religion just like all other religions. Christianity, Wicca, Satanists, Scientologists, Atheism, etc.... The list goes forever.

Everyone has the right to believe what they want as long as it doesn't hurt others or themselves.

Edited by magickaldan

....I can't believe you actually related this to star wars dude. It'll be a big mistake once ppl like mattshark come along. You'll cope though. Try to come up with a better name for the "force" and "jedi".

Chuckle. Matt's part of the AGW cult movement.

Have you tried?

i have tried with the psi wheel and yes it moved

and for those of you that dont know the Jedi is a real religon its called Jedi-ism

i have tried with the psi wheel and yes it moved

I've never heard of a psi wheel before what is that exactly?

Psi-wheel

A Psi wheel is pyramid-shaped top-like device consisting of a small piece of paper or foil balanced on the tip of a pointed object. It is commonly used in attempts to prove the validity of telekinesis.

The Gonzo Wheel is an adaptation of the Psi wheel used in psionics.

Psi_wheel.jpg

Nibs

It's a recognized religion just like all other religions. Christianity, Wicca, Satanists, Scientologists, Atheism, etc.... The list goes forever.

Everyone has the right to believe what they want as long as it doesn't hurt others or themselves.

You know... through TV and other media you hear about these groups... but to actually see the website of them... I was kind of shocked to learn it existed.

You realise that atheism isn't a religion don't you.

and for those of you that dont know the Jedi is a real religon its called Jedi-ism

Actually it is a religion based on a work of fiction.(It is debatable whether the other religions are based on fact, but this is simply a work of fiction producing a couple good movies and far more bad ones)

One could claim that they are starting a religion based on any movie; any work of fiction. It doesn't offer any validity or any value.

ok, with the psi wheel thing, it looks like any stray breeze or breath would move it even if you couldn't feel the breeze yourself, it's just foil.

Actually it is a religion based on a work of fiction.(It is debatable whether the other religions are based on fact, but this is simply a work of fiction producing a couple good movies and far more bad ones)

One could claim that they are starting a religion based on any movie; any work of fiction. It doesn't offer any validity or any value.

Shame on you.

It's as valid, if not as old as any other religion.

Heck, Scientology has more going against it than Jedi-ism.

Besides, the basic principles, or set of beliefs in Jedi-ism, are actually pretty altruistic in nature. Like any thing of course, there is a potential "dark side". smiley-vault-star-wars-017.gif

Shame on you.

It's as valid, if not as old as any other religion.

Heck, Scientology has more going against it than Jedi-ism.

Besides, the basic principles, or set of beliefs in Jedi-ism, are actually pretty altruistic in nature. Like any thing of course, there is a potential "dark side". smiley-vault-star-wars-017.gif

Well, I don't care much for people who create any religion, not to mention a religion that tries to convince people that there is such a thing as "The Force " in which kids are busy trying to really emulate their favorite fictional character who did fictional things in a work of fiction.

Between kids that come here claiming to be vampires, werewolves, aliens, demons...(the list goes on and on) I do really pity(and tire of) a generation of kids who can't seem to tell the difference between reality and fiction.

I had the same sentiments, and my post got deleted?

Well, I don't care much for people who create any religion, not to mention a religion that tries to convince people that there is such a thing as "The Force " in which kids are busy trying to really emulate their favorite fictional character who did fictional things in a work of fiction.

Between kids that come here claiming to be vampires, werewolves, aliens, demons...(the list goes on and on) I do really pity(and tire of) a generation of kids who can't seem to tell the difference between reality and fiction.

But you're BASHING a religion, a clear violation of forum rules. For shame, for shame.

My point is just that Jedi-ism is as valid as any other belief system, if not as ancient. As far as these young people believing they can move stuff with their minds...well, no weirder i guess that thinking prayer can cause cancer, right?

Star Wars came out in the 1970's. Please explain how a fictional religion in the movie is ancient and valid.

But you're BASHING a religion, a clear violation of forum rules. For shame, for shame.

My point is just that Jedi-ism is as valid as any other belief system, if not as ancient. As far as these young people believing they can move stuff with their minds...well, no weirder i guess that thinking prayer can cause cancer, right?

I don't care for any particular religion, old or new, so that does not matter to me in the least. That being said, I am not on this thread with the intent to discuss any other religion, I am discussing the topic op.

Star Wars came out in the 1970's. Please explain how a fictional religion in the movie is ancient and valid.

I said "if not as ancient"...did I miss-speak? Sorry if that was a little vague. Obviously Jedi-ism itself is certainly not ancient...though much of the mysticism it is based on is ancient.

I don't care for any particular religion, old or new, so that does not matter to me in the least. That being said, I am not on this thread with the intent to discuss any other religion, I am discussing the topic op.

The OP being Jedi-ism.

I am not religious either FB, nor am I a Star Wars "nerd" if you will. I just think the notion, the concept, the ideal of Jedi-ism is as valid as any other belief system based of faith.