Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real Jedi

sithninja

ok the rule about not bashing well why is every one bashing my riligion?

the whole reason i created this forum is for people to learn about real jedi not so skeptics and atheists to bash it!

well, you created a thread, not a forum. big difference.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eqgumby

• sithninja

• Neognosis

• Agent. Mulder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You aren't teaching about Jedism. You've talked about "magic".

Smooshing together Buddhism and Taoism and calling it Jedism is one thing.

Tossing in magic (which isn't possible) makes it a role-playing game based on a movie.

Nibs

Well, to be quite honest, they are right to some degree..."Jedi-ism" is really no different in it's principles that many other religions. We SHOULDN'T play troll, and go around making fun of "zombie Jesus" or "Allah in a bear-suit" either, should we? We can dis-believe it if we so desire, and insist that prayer is no different than magic, etc etc, but I guess we shouldn't "bash" Jedi-ism, despite it's pop-culture roots.

You aren't teaching about Jedism. You've talked about "magic".

Smooshing together Buddhism and Taoism and calling it Jedism is one thing.

Tossing in magic (which isn't possible) makes it a role-playing game based on a movie.

Nibs

i never said anything about magic( which is real and is used in whitchcraft) i spoke of the force which is kinesis

i never said anything about magic( which is real and is used in whitchcraft) i spoke of the force which is kinesis

You spoke of being able to move things with your mind. Magic. Not possible. I'm very aware of what is and isn't used in witch craft. Doing things with mythical energy that the human body is not capable of doing or even creating is "magic" and isn't real.

Jedism is new. It doesn't seem to have full acceptance as a religion in it's own right.

Fine. People are now Jedi's.

Belief can't change physics. Tom Cruise can't fly. Obi-wan was a movie character.

Nibs

Like I said earlier, whatever you need to use to get you through the day is your choice.

I don't have to believe it or respect it, just tolerate it.

Psi-wheel

A Psi wheel is pyramid-shaped top-like device consisting of a small piece of paper or foil balanced on the tip of a pointed object. It is commonly used in attempts to prove the validity of telekinesis.

The Gonzo Wheel is an adaptation of the Psi wheel used in psionics.

Psi_wheel.jpg

Nibs

OK take that device, put it under a fish bowl, duct tape around the edges to make it air tight, make it spin and then post the video here. Also be sure to video all of the above steps.

The only problem I see is this force, or kinesis, which isn't proven to exist. You just need to preface any of your statements with "belief". You can believe in "The Force", you can even believe in "kinesis" if you like, but you won't get too many converts unless you can demonstrate "kinesis" if you are going to claim it's real. THEN, you get into another realm, in which YOU, proving you can manipulate matter using "ki", "kinesis", "the Force", or whatever you call it...well, you would be putting the world of nature and physics on it's ear, changing the world in amazingly profound ways.

Oh my God, maybe they do get some tail! Not sure of the quality they're getting but still...this is a wedding cake!

AT-AT+Wedding+Cake.jpg

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2010/05/at-at-wedding-cake.html

The happy couple can have eachother...

post-40427-127498448816_thumb.jpg

Doing things with mythical energy that the human body is not capable of doing or even creating is "magic" and isn't real.

I disagree. I feel there is a "force" or "energy" that a person (if they have the knowhow) can manipulated and cause changes in their life. I not talking about moving things with the mind or stuff like that. All I have in the end though is personal experience and being a witness to such things. But I can understand why people think its nonsense without having any such things in their lives.

darth-vader-and-priests.jpg

Ahh its all coming together now. It all makes perfect sense.

Policemen claim Jedi as religion

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8003067.stm

Heres a petition to get jedi pass as official religion in the U.S.. It states that the U.K. has Jedi Knight on there census. It only has 800 signatures though.

http://www.petitiononline.com/StarWars/petition.html

Edited by silentshadow

Heres a petition to get jedi pass as official religion in the U.S.. It states that the U.K. has Jedi Knight on there census. It only has 800 signatures though.

It doesn't have Jedi Knight on the census, you could just write it in the "Other" section.

Actually it is a religion based on a work of fiction.(It is debatable whether the other religions are based on fact, but this is simply a work of fiction producing a couple good movies and far more bad ones)

One could claim that they are starting a religion based on any movie; any work of fiction. It doesn't offer any validity or any value.

This may have been said, but lucas acknowledges that "the force" was actually based on "real life" examples, experiences, and beliefs. So the movie jedi grew from previous realities although "it" certainly reshaped and reformed, and recreated this in a new form for a new age. The force and the jedi make no new claims, just formalise and present old ones in a new construct. Even the dark side is an old concept of all forms of human spirituality.

The force has always been capable of use for both good and evil. That is the strength and weakness of any sapient being. Notice that lucas presents the force as not limited to humans but a part of all sapient races.

http://www.jedichurch.org/

It's a recognized religion just like all other religions. Christianity, Wicca, Satanists, Scientologists, Atheism, etc.... The list goes forever.

Everyone has the right to believe what they want as long as it doesn't hurt others or themselves.

And you just had to throw in Christianity right? LOL...oh wait, doing wars based on religion is not hurting someone, it's allowing them to shake hands with their maker. :P

And you just had to throw in Christianity right? LOL...oh wait, doing wars based on religion is not hurting someone, it's allowing them to shake hands with their maker. :P

When did anyone mention wars? lmao Everyone believes something. Even atheists because no one knows 100% which one is right. An atheist is just someone who believes to disbelieve. And I believe religion has nothing to do with wars it's mostly just misconstrued by the higher ups to give people a reason to fight.