Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Azaria Chamberlin

ladylisa

I dont know what coverage the Chamberlin case got every where else in the world but her in Aussie 25 years ago that was all anyone talked about and for a long time afterwards . It would seem new information has come to light regarding the case. At ullaroo (ayers rock) 25 years ago a hunting party was out shooting dingos and roos when they shot a dingo upon closer inspection the dingo had a baby in its mouth the hunters for unknown reasons cut the infants jumpsuit off with tin snips and cleaned infant up. It has been alleged that the remains of Azaria Chamberlin are buried in a back yard in melbourne which belonged to one of these hunters who unfortunalty has since passed away .All but one of these hunters have passed away and taken this secret to thier graves. I have always believed in the innosence of the Chamberlins hopefully with this new information the Chamberlins and Australia can put this matter to rest. I would love to here other peoples perspective on this subject . crying.gif thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ladylisa

• doomgirl

• Kismit

• bathory

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is one of the great mysteries that will never be solved

I can even remember when it happened

There is a very real possibility of proving the Chamberlins innocent now with the information from the last surviving hunter .The Australian public are now calling for the case to be reopened and for the hunters storie to be investigated who knows what will happen but it certainly is front page new in aussie today.

I guess it has to be reopened if it is ever to be solved, but the Chamberlins would be sick and tired of it by now, and how it reminds them of when and what happened

The Australian public are now calling for the case to be reopened and for the hunters storie to be investigated who knows what will happen but it certainly is front page new in aussie today.

i'm not:P

i'm not:P

Well i should say some of the australian public then.

It makes you wonder why the men didn't come forward when all this first happened

Edited by doomgirl

Yeah i know .How could you know something like that and not say something. Imagine how much anguish could have been prevented.

I remember when the Azaria Chamberlain story first broke . You couldn't miss it , it was all over the T.V. and the newspapers . I think that picture of Lindy in her great big black sunglasses with the news crews all scrabbling around her will be permanently scorched into my memory.

I have to agree , Why would the hunters wait so long to declare the evidence ? Why would they wait so long to bury the body? It's not exactly a hop skip and a jump to Melbourne from Ullaru . How many days drive would that be ? Or did they travel back by plane , no customs perhaps ...

And if I can remember the story in detail then it's very hard to believe that all 3 men living in urban Victoria never once brought a newspaper or turned on the television in what must have been several months worth of coverge . Did they not connect the baby and the murder .

There's either a lot more or a lot less to this story I'm not sure which , but there has been no coverage on this particular part of the story in New Zealand .

I'm sure these men were more than likely afraid they would get in trouble for it. It's the only thing I can come up with that would stop them from reporting it

why would you hide something like this?

i mean, dear god... you find a baby... and you tell no one?

It is confirmed that one of the four hunters had a criminal past and also suspected that one or more of the hunters may have suspected that they contributed to the death of the infant themselves.Which may be why they never came forward Further investigation is taking place and they have pinpionted the yard that the infant is suspected to be buried .Lindy Chamberlin has spoken out about the event herself saying she welcomes the inquiry herself as this would give her answers herself (not quoted just what was saidto the best of my memory). I shall post any further updates as i hear of them.

I have just learnt that the last surviving hunter sat for a lie detector and 100% passed. Thier was not one question that wasnt answered truthhfully.

I have just learnt that the last surviving hunter sat for a lie detector and 100% passed. Thier was not one question that wasnt answered truthhfully.

Lie detectors can be fooled unfortunatly I put little store in their use....or at least in their ability to 'proove' anything.

I put a little more faith in psychology and the only reason I can see for hunters not to have reported the incident is their own belief that their actions contributed to the death of the infant. Either by a stray bullet or injurys when the dingo went down....

But the likelyhood is that it's one that will never be fully resolved.

(We got a lot of coverage of it over here at the time too)