Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Sides With Mexico Against Arizona

AROCES

I am not saying your are wrong, startraveler. I got the info from your liberal news station CNN. They reported 35% from illegals and 30% from illegal drugs. The numbers seem staggeringly high to me, but that is what was reported yesterday on cable channel CNN. It doesn't seem possible that 65% of GDP is drugs and US immigrants. Now if it's 65% from US, that's is more believable, but that is not what was said.

So who is lying or spinning the truth, the Bank of Mexico or liberal CNN, or both because it doesn't seem that it's me or you?

i dont know what the percentages are. but i do know that mexicos largest industry is money being sent home from legal and illegal workers here in the usa.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eqgumby

• new2forum

• The Silver Thong

• Neognosis

i dont know what the percentages are. but i do know that mexicos largest industry is money being sent home from legal and illegal workers here in the usa.

as usual, you would be wrong

The economy of Mexico is the 11th largest in the world.
Among the most important industrial manufacturers in Mexico is the automotive industry
Some large industries of Mexico include Cemex, the third largest cement conglomerate in the world;[135] the alcohol beverage industries, including world-renowned players like Grupo Modelo; conglomerates like FEMSA, which apart from owning breweries and the OXXO convenience store chain, is also the second-largest Coca-Cola bottler in the world; Gruma, the largest producer of corn flour and tortillas in the world; and Grupo Bimbo, Telmex, Televisa, among many others. In 2005, according to the World Bank, high-tech industrial production represented 19.6% of total exports.[136]

Maquiladoras (Mexican factories which take in imported raw materials and produce goods for export) have become the landmark of trade in Mexico.

Currently Mexico is focusing in developing an aerospace industry and the assembly of helicopter and commercial jet aircraft is taking place

source

http://www.microcapital.org/news-wire-united-states-remittances-to-mexico-down-sharply/

After oil, remittances are Mexico’s largest source of income, and their decline is certain to further erode the country’s economic growth. Experts cite several reasons for the drop in money sent home by the estimated 12 million Mexicans living in the U.S., including recession in the U.S. and widening unemployment among migrant workers. In addition, tighter security at the nations’ shared border has deterred some Mexicans from heading north in search of increasingly scarce jobs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7855021.stm

Mexican migrant workers are sending less money home to their families

Mexicans living abroad sent home less money per year in 2008 for the first time on record as the US slowdown hit migrants' earnings.

According to Mexico's central bank, remittances fell 3.6% in 2008 to $25bn.

This money is the country's second largest source of foreign income after oil revenues.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/10/immigrants.economy/index.html

The remittances dipped 3.6 percent, from $26 billion in 2007 to $25 billion, according to Mexico's central bank. Remittances are Mexico's second-largest source of foreign income, behind only oil. Other Latin American countries also have seen money sent from immigrants in the United States slow.

The key word there would be foreign income.

And Wiki conveniently leaves out the source of ANY income from remittances, as do all the sources from Mexico or the CIA World Factbook...which is where Wiki got its information. I wonder why that would be?

Some sites say tourism is third which is also income that is from outside Mexico/foreign. All of those products listed on Wiki are foreign income hence the term "in the world" and "exports".

Edited by Michelle

*Transfered post.*

Edited by Phox

I kinda posted this on the wrong topic, my bad, meant for the Anchor Baby Topic. On an unrelated note, he did make a Mockery of United States siding with Mexico President who encourage illegal immigration.

Eggby just wanted to remind you there are a lot of people that come here illegally not just the Hispanics. They come here, because they are probably people that have been trafficked by smugglers for Child Labor, Sex trafficking, Bonded labor ect.

Their are Asians that are notorious for what you talk about, and they are NOT the same as illegal aliens crossing a border to work or escape their criminal record in their home country. Apples and oranges.

Yes that works fine for Arizona but we have sorry you have 12 other states that are concidering similar laws. Surely they can't all be caused by a hispanic immigration issue. Yes I know the illegals from mexico don't just stay in Arizona but the expantion of this law say to New York could pose some issues.

Eggy don't get me wrong I do believe Illegal imigrants are criminals even if there intentions are noble. It's just that this law sits on a wobbly stone in a creek we are contimplating jumping on to cross the creek. I will have to see how this pans out over the next couple, 6 months to see how it goes down.

Canada has to worry about legal Americans crossing the Canadian border so we don't have an illegal immigration problem like you guys :P Now where did I put my "detect an illegal American spy kit" damn it :D

I don't see the problem in any state enacting this law. It's no more likely to be abused than any other law.

I kinda posted this on the wrong topic, my bad, meant for the Anchor Baby Topic. On an unrelated note, he did make a Mockery of United States siding with Mexico President who encourage illegal immigration.

I agree fully. This isn't a president and if anyone looked around this government and this elected president is wanting to bring America to its knees and now this new policy of openly talking about defensive tactics and telling the WORLD HOW MANY NUCLEAR MISSILES WE NOW HAVE IN OUR ARSENAL?! Yeah I bet people are going to feel real safe now.

Appeasement is the normal Foreign Policy of the left.

Can illegal immigrants vote?

No.

In fact, there is absolutely nothing to stop from voting them in most states.

Most states do not require identification to vote.

Harte

Appeasement is the normal Foreign Policy of the left.

America shouldn't have to please any country on its domestic policies. There is no given right for any president from any foreign country that should have a say over our any amendment regardless of what they think is wrong or right about it. These amendments are the foundation of our Nation and shouldn't be tampered with. After saying this, most people have been talking about changing the 14th amendment to protect American citizens against misuse and abuse by illegal immigrant who are encouraged by Mexico Government, stripping anchor babies rights to becoming an American citizens just because they skirt legal channels and make a mockery of it.

Mexico for years has held America's sovereignty in contempt for many years and has underscored his attitude towards American in his recent visit to congress. SRCivic86 is correct when he says this is not a president, with the way he is forcing stuff through congress and siding with a foreign country that wants to take away American's land. It is not us that should be held responsible for Illegal Immigration, it is Mexico president who should be responsible because he encourages it.

Our 14th amendment is being abused by Mexicans and the president sides with Mexico, this is mostly a outrage and straight out mockery of United States.

Edited by Phox

In fact, there is absolutely nothing to stop from voting them in most states.

Most states do not require identification to vote.

Harte, that's a pretty bold statement. And if true, pretty insane. But do you have a link? Everywhere I have lived, you have to be a registered voter. And in order to become that you need valid ID's.

Harte, that's a pretty bold statement. And if true, pretty insane. But do you have a link? Everywhere I have lived, you have to be a registered voter. And in order to become that you need valid ID's.

Not exactly unbiased, but...

http://michellemalkin.com/2004/07/29/he-thinks-illegal-aliens-can-vote-what-an-idiot/

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecentersb9dc

http://www.delmarvadealings.com/2008/07/12/do-illegals-vote/

http://www.ncsl.org/LegislaturesElections/ElectionsCampaigns/StateRequirementsforVoterID/tabid/16602/Default.aspx

I don't think it's a HUGE problem, but really, what's teh problem with having a state ID? Most states issue them for free. Just have a block on teh ID that says, "US Citizen". So what?

New Jersey:

8 What if a first-time voter does not provide identification before voting in a federal primary or general election?

That voter will have to show identification at the polling place.

If the voter does show identification, the voter votes in the voting machine.

Texas:

A voter who has not been issued a driver’s license or social security number may register to vote, but such voter must submit proof of identification when presenting himself/herself for voting or with his/her mail-in ballots, if voting by mail. These voters’ names are flagged on the official voter registration list with the annotation of “ID.” The “ID” notation instructs the poll worker to request a proper form of identification from these voters when they present themselves for voting. Acceptable identification includes:

a driver's license or personal identification card issued to the person by the Department of Public Safety or a similar document issued to the person by an agency of another state, regardless of whether the license or card has expired;

a form of identification containing the person's photograph that establishes the person's identity;

a birth certificate or other document confirming birth that is admissible in a court of law and establishes the person's identity;

United States citizenship papers issued to the person;

a United States passport issued to the person;

official mail addressed to the person by name from a governmental entity;

a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter;

or

any other form of identification prescribed by the Secretary of State.

Florida:

Provide your current and valid Florida driver’s license number or Florida identification card number. You must provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number if you do not have a Florida driver’s license number or a Florida identification card number. If you do not have any of these items, you must mark the box indicated on the Voter Registration Application as “NONE.”

List of states that have ID requirements for voting:

State Requirements for Voter ID

Table 1: State Requirements for Voter Identification

States that Request or Require Photo ID

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Indiana

Louisiana

Michigan

South Dakota

States that Require ID (Photo not Required)

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Kentucky

Missouri

Montana

North Dakota

Ohio

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

Please note: There are only 26 states on this list that even require any kind of ID. Note also the examples I gave above this last quote. They show how one may get around the ID requirement in the states that do require ID.

Need any more?

Harte

New Jersey:

Texas:

Florida:

List of states that have ID requirements for voting:

Please note: There are only 26 states on this list that even require any kind of ID. Note also the examples I gave above this last quote. They show how one may get around the ID requirement in the states that do require ID.

Need any more?

Harte

you best include North Carolina because I had to show my driver's license to go and vote.

you best include North Carolina because I had to show my driver's license to go and vote.

Did you ask what would happen if you didn't have a driver's license?

I mean, many states ask for it, but since the law doesn't require a person to have a driver's license, a license can't be required for voting.

Harte

Edited by Harte

Qualifications to register to vote in North Carolina

To register to vote in this State, a person must sign a voter declaration attesting that:

I am a U.S. citizen.

I will have been a resident of North Carolina and this county for 30 days before the election.

I will be at least 18 years old by the next general election.

I am not registered nor will I vote in any other county or state.

If I have been convicted of a felony, my rights of citizenship have been restored.

You can do this via mail:

North Carolina has made available mail-in voter registration forms through the county boards of elections offices. Those offices, in turn, have distributed the mail-in voter registration forms to numerous visible locations throughout the counties. This form is self-explanatory and can be easily completed. The completed forms should be mailed directly to the appropriate county board of elections. Contact the County Board of Elections office to receive a form in the mail.

Looks easy to just lie, doesn't it? There is no requirement to establish ID at the polling place as far as I can see.

Until the 2004 presidential election we never had to show ID and routinely complained about it. I noticed numerous times that I could have just glaced at the registration printout sheet on the table, pick a name to vote under and hope the person didn't show up. That did happen to a friend of mine.

Until the 2004 presidential election we never had to show ID and routinely complained about it. I noticed numerous times that I could have just glaced at the registration printout sheet on the table, pick a name to vote under and hope the person didn't show up. That did happen to a friend of mine.

And those who are opposing voters ID are the same people crying of fraud and cheating whenever they don't win.

elling the WORLD HOW MANY NUCLEAR MISSILES WE NOW HAVE IN OUR ARSENAL?! Yeah I bet people are going to feel real safe now.

It's been pretty well known that we have enough nukes to destroy the planet. Also, Reagan made a HUGE deal out of letting the Soviets know how many nukes we had, and how much money we could pour into defense. SDI, in fact, was mostly a huge spending bluff to scare the soviets.

And those who are opposing voters ID are the same people crying of fraud and cheating whenever they don't win.

Who's against having id to vote? I'll be honest I thought it was standard practice.

We really need the id to vote. The id comprises the unorganized part of the personality structure that contains the basic drives. The id acts as according to the "pleasure principle", seeking to avoid pain or unpleasure aroused by increases in instinctual tension. So it'd be a dangerous surgical procedure to remove the brain to keep people from voting.

:innocent:

Edited by Agent X