Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Sides With Mexico Against Arizona

AROCES

In fact, there is absolutely nothing to stop from voting them in most states.

Most states do not require identification to vote.

Harte

Harte is right. I went to the post office after I moved a few years ago to mail a package. The lady behind the counter said, are you regisered to vote? I said, not at my new address. She said, fill this out. I did and I got a voter registratin card in the mail, and I didn't provide anything.

When my son turned 18, he went to the post office and filled out the voters registration card ap. The guy asked him, are you 18, he smiled and said yes as of last week and offered his DL to prove it. The post office guys said, I don't need to see that.

I also still had my prevous card from the previous address. I threw it away. Maybe some illegal got it out of my trash and went to vote. Either way, No ID was needed, not even at the polls. So the illegal who could have gotten my old card from the trash could have voted with the card.

And once you get the voter registration card, you can use it for an ID and get other stuff like a SSN, then take both to the DPS and show them these with a bill with your name on it with matching address, and you get a DL.

And if you know someones birthplace, one can get a real B. cert online. And if you have all of these, you can apply for a passport. And with a passport, you can prove you are a citizen EVEN when you are not.

IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME, ASK SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE IT LIKE BARACK OBAMA. Just don't ask to see his application.

It's called playing the immigrant game which BO did very well.

Edited by Astute One

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eqgumby

• new2forum

• The Silver Thong

• Neognosis

Back when the Indiana voter ID law was big news and it went before the Seven Circuit Court of Appeals, I was surprised by a point the dissenting judge made in that ruling:

Voting fraud is a crime (punishable by up to 3 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000 in Indiana) and, at oral argument, the defenders of this law candidly acknowledged that no one—in the history of Indiana—had ever been charged with violating that law. Nationwide, a preliminary report to the U.S. Election Assistance Commission has found little evidence of the type of polling-place fraud that photo ID laws seek to stop.

So I'm curious: does anyone know of any evidence that there's an epidemic of voter fraud going on somewhere?

Edited by Startraveler

8 What if a first-time voter does not provide identification before voting in a federal primary or general election?

That voter will have to show identification at the polling place.

If the voter does show identification, the voter votes in the voting machine.

NJ would be an example - they have to show ID.

your post from Florida doesn't seem to say what you said.

Texas must have an id.

you didn't provide a source for states with valid ID or not in the last quote.

we must be talking at cross purposes. In all the examples you quoted, the voter had to be registered or provide id of some form (some verified later). How is that allowing "anyone" to vote? You said *most* states do not require ID to vote. I'm sorry but I honestly don't see that from your post. Maybe I'm just being dumb today.

Edited by ninjadude

NJ would be an example - they have to show ID.

I know. I screwed t5hat one up, didn't I?

your post from Florida doesn't seem to say what you said.

As I quoted, it says:

If you do not have any of these items, you must mark the box indicated on the Voter Registration Application as “NONE.”

I know for a fact that Florida actually doesn't (or didn't) require any ID whatsoever, having lived in Broward County for more than ten years. (And, yes, I was there for the Bush-Gore fiasco.)

Texas must have an id.

Only if you consider the following an "I.D."

official mail addressed to the person by name from a governmental entity;

a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter;

you didn't provide a source for states with valid ID or not in the last quote.

Sorry, that was an oversight on my part.

Here you go. (This is not a link to another Janeanne Garafalo rant. Heh Heh.)

we must be talking at cross purposes. In all the examples you quoted, the voter had to be registered or provide id of some form (some verified later). How is that allowing "anyone" to vote?

Some of what you're referring to as "I.D.s" can be obtained by reaching into someone's mailbox.

You said *most* states do not require ID to vote. I'm sorry but I honestly don't see that from your post. Maybe I'm just being dumb today.

Okay, you got me on a technicality there.

I meant positive I.D. That is, government-issued picture I.D.s like driver's licenses or state I.D. cards. Not a utility bill or a letter from the government.

So, even allowing for these "soft" forms of identification, 24 out of 50 states have no identification requirement whatsoever, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures website I linked.

Harte

wow. I can understand provional ballots to be checked later. It's kind of wacky for some states to allow a poll worker to essentially vouch that he knows he voter and can then vote. But states like Arkansas where you can just do it seems out there. I have less respect for some state governments.

I was curious so I went to a state not listed on that site. California. Like many, you must be a registered voter in order to vote. In order to register you need a drivers license or state id. And yet California is missing from your site's list.

Maybe your site has an agenda.

Edited by ninjadude

I would just like to make perfectly clear that long before this land was America, the original inhabitants of a good part of the western territory were Mexican. How ridiculous is it that we can show up kick them out with war, and then be so callous about letting them back here. You want to enforce legal immigration, let's get out of the west.

I would just like to make perfectly clear that long before this land was America, the original inhabitants of a good part of the western territory were Mexican. How ridiculous is it that we can show up kick them out with war, and then be so callous about letting them back here. You want to enforce legal immigration, let's get out of the west.

So you have no idea what an invasion/take over is. It's been happening since we lost our tails LOL. Lands trade hands more times then party poker.

Really? So what you're saying, is that in every single country, all current inhabitants should start researching their history going back hundreds, or perhaps thousands of years to identify the original inhabitants (Who are all dead now of course) and give the land to their ancestors?

Sounds silly doesn't it? Nearly every country/tribe/etc. on the planet has been involved in a land grab, or takeover at some point in its history. I suppose we should all just give up our homes, stop trying to protect our families from crime, and throw in the towel?

Really? So what you're saying, is that in every single country, all current inhabitants should start researching their history going back hundreds, or perhaps thousands of years to identify the original inhabitants (Who are all dead now of course) and give the land to their ancestors?

Sounds silly doesn't it? Nearly every country/tribe/etc. on the planet has been involved in a land grab, or takeover at some point in its history. I suppose we should all just give up our homes, stop trying to protect our families from crime, and throw in the towel?

Once it degrades to that level..."California and Texas were ours, we should take it back"...it just becomes a non-argument. It's fluff, trash, nonsense.

Maybe I should roll into County Clare Ireland and reclaim my families castle. :wacko:

going by that, millions of Americans should leave most of the US then. :blink:

Edited by rashore

I would just like to make perfectly clear that long before this land was America, the original inhabitants of a good part of the territory were INDIAN. How ridiculous is it that Mexicans can show up kick them out with war, and then be so callous about letting them back here. You want to enforce legal immigration, let's get out of Indian Territory.

How ridiculous is it that any individual today imagines residents were removed from the Southwest after Texas won its independence?

Harte

Then why do we seem to mind all the mexicans coming back into texas? It is ironic. Americans came to texas invited by mexico with certain stipulations... which they immediately began to disregard... Sound familiar?

Then why do we seem to mind all the mexicans coming back into texas? It is ironic. Americans came to texas invited by mexico with certain stipulations... which they immediately began to disregard... Sound familiar?

I really never minded having Mexicans coming here too Texas. Hell, if it wasn't for a lot of the Tejanos here we wouldn't have even won the Texas revolution.

Alamo Tejanos fought bravely, and died for the freedom of Texas

One of the many brave Tejanos was Carlos Espalier who is said to be the protegee OF Jim Bowie.

The Alamo Tejanos

The battle that help us win our Independence, and insured us in becoming the republic of Texas

My link

Actually, Texans took Texas from Mexico.

Harte