Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Insulting, Full of Lies

new2forum

Here's Calderon insulting Arizona, and getting a standing ovation for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLt3GgDQgVY&feature=player_embedded#!

Here's one R. response:

Here's Obama mis-represnting the AZ law... (Still waiting for someone to show me in the law where this is allowed...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inbj5Ia5KJo

Funny... While the Democrats were busy giving him a standing ovation for flying to our country and insulting our laws, one person called him out on it. What gives him the right to come here and tell us how to run things? Still wondering how he rationalizes the 'draconian' immigration laws of Mexico, while presuming to insult Arizona...

What a laugh.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• new2forum

• Startraveler

• Pseudo Intellectual

• Agent X

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about the money. Mexico is insulting us because it wants those vital American dollars rather than fixing their own problems internally.

But you know what, I wonder if push came to shove is Mexico would actually go to war qith America over the issue of illegal immigration.

It's even funnier if you know how Mexico treats its own [illegal] immigrants.

And I hear Cuba(!) recently called the Arizona law racist, xenophobic and whatnot. The irony could not be greater.

Here's Obama mis-represnting the AZ law... (Still waiting for someone to show me in the law where this is allowed...)

I'm not sure watching that clip whether Obama (or the guy in the clip) are talking about the original law or the revised law (in light of the companion bill). I assume from the use of the phrase "lawful contact" they're talking about the original (more problematic) incarnation of the law.

So I ask: does the legal definition of "lawful contact" (which I don't think exists in Arizona state law) include Terry stops?

Granted, it's a moot point now with the revisions stripping out that phrase, but then so is ragging on Obama for expressing concerns about the original version of the law.

Star, his rhetoric has not changed even since the revisions. He continues to peddle his fear mongering.

The other day at his press event with Calderón he mentioned the law:

We also discussed the new law in Arizona, which is a misdirected effort -- a misdirected expression of frustration over our broken immigration system, and which has raised concerns in both our countries. Today, I want every American to know my administration has devoted unprecedented resources in personnel and technology to securing our border. Illegal immigration is down, not up, and we will continue to do what’s necessary to secure our shared border.

And I want everyone, American and Mexican, to know my administration is taking a very close look at the Arizona law. We’re examining any implications, especially for civil rights. Because in the United States of America, no law-abiding person -- be they an American citizen, a legal immigrant, or a visitor or tourist from Mexico -- should ever be subject to suspicion simply because of what they look like.

Not particularly scary, though he's obviously not a fan of the law.

Because in the United States of America, no law-abiding person -- be they an American citizen, a legal immigrant, or a visitor or tourist from Mexico -- should ever be subject to suspicion simply because of what they look like.

GASP! How horrible! A president who does not think that it is acceptable to subject citizens to suspicion based on what they look like!

Yep, because THAT'S what this post was about... <shaking head> :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GASP! How horrible! A president who does not think that it is acceptable to subject citizens to suspicion based on what they look like!