Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Belief

Cradle of Fish

Lately ive been thinking about how some people have been able to do certain feats through their faith.

For example, Stigmata, its something that hasnt fully been explained, but its my opinion that those who experience it have so much believe that they can unexplicably bleed from the hands that they do, even if this belief is on a sub-conscious level.

Its shown in the Matrix, how Neo manages to stand against Agent Smith in the train station because he begins to believe that he is the one.

Im sure there are many, many more accounts of things like this happening, like the thing with the invincible indians that was in the news recently.

It ranges from Athletes and their ability to compete at a level much higher than the average person to crying statues, poltergeist attacks, and the thing where children gain great strength to save their parents.

It could also be that if alot of people believe that there is a God, that he exists, if only through people's faith.

So what are your thoughts?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FreyKade

• Cradle of Fish

• Atlantis Rises

• aquatus1

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My belief is that the human mind is the strongest force on the planet. For example Stigmatics bleed from their hands even though this is not where the nails went in a crucifixion. However, they bleed just the same..

If it were truly a divine thing, then I think the wounds, would be accurate in their placement rather than a representation of common belief. In essence, I believe the power of a persons' will combined with their strong belief can be more powerful than any "God" you care to name..

In other words. a persons faith can be much more powerful a thing than whatever they put their faith in..

Belief. Will. Faith. I believe these are things connected to these remarakble feats. The human mind is complex, and most of it hasn't been explained yet.

Lately ive been thinking about how some people have been able to do certain feats through their faith.

For example, Stigmata, its something that hasnt fully been explained, but its my opinion that those who experience it have so much believe that they can unexplicably bleed from the hands that they do, even if this belief is on a sub-conscious level.

Its shown in the Matrix, how Neo manages to stand against Agent Smith in the train station because he begins to believe that he is the one.

Im sure there are many, many more accounts of things like this happening, like the thing with the invincible indians that was in the news recently.

It ranges from Athletes and their ability to compete at a level much higher than the average person to crying statues, poltergeist attacks, and the thing where children gain great strength to save their parents.

It could also be that if alot of people believe that there is a God, that he exists, if only through people's faith.

So what are your thoughts?

the brain is a remarkable thing....and we only use..what 10% of it?

If we used 100% of our brain power, think what we could do? It's frightening, actually, if you think about it. 10% is the limit to which normality is implied, but higher, and we start to ascend to a high plain of existance, experience new things, and generally decide if the power we possess will be used for good or evil. The desire to do good is rewarding, but the desire to commit evil is fun. Fun in the sense that it's easier to destroy than create.

We use 100% of our brain; we know what the majority of it does, although how exactly it does it is still under study.

I was hearing that 10% quote two decades ago, and it was wrong even back then. We've learned a lot about neurophisiology in the meantime.

i thought the 10% figure was how much we use at one time....because although we use the whole of our brains...what would happen if we used say 50% of our brain at the same time? would that make any difference...to inteligence, creativness, spirituality....insanity?

dontgetit.gif

As the saying goes 83% of statistics are made up on the spot.

We dont use our whole brains thats for sure, its like there are parts which are weaker or defective because society has evolved enough for us not to need them, like the human body has evolved to eat cooked meat as opposed to raw.

And as for stigmata, it was widely regarded as fact that Jesus was nailed to the cross by his hands and only fairly recently it has been corrected saying he had to be nailed through the wrist or else he wouldnt be held up.