Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Amityville Horror' home for sale

Tom B

I think buying and living in a house like this would have the same affect on me as a really good scary movie.

I love it...

But end up not being able to sleep at night.

First night, everyone takes turns with 'Bloody Mary' in the mirror!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• susieice

• Tom B

• HerNibs

• Moon Minion

First night, everyone takes turns with 'Bloody Mary' in the mirror!

LOL.

I'd have to welcome back those childhood fears, I could just see myself, stupidly leaving my dressing gown on the door knob, getting into bed with the lights off, and spending the entire night with the covers pulled up to the chin, reflecting on how the dressing gown kind of looks like something else.

The last owner bought it for $300,000 and change, now it's worth over a million. He must have done some awesome improvements. The home is beautiful, but I think the murders might play in my mind at times. The spirits wouldn't bother me.

It being featured in a book and 2 Hollywood movies would help jack up the price. When did the last person buy it (for $300,000)?

*edit* - Just looked at the realtor's page for it. Looks very nice, lot of improvements. Sounds like a good price for a house that size and quality. But then again, I only have California home prices to gauge by...

Edited by Jerry Only

It being featured in a book and 2 Hollywood movies would help jack up the price. When did the last person buy it (for $300,000)?

*edit* - Just looked at the realtor's page for it. Looks very nice, lot of improvements. Sounds like a good price for a house that size and quality. But then again, I only have California home prices to gauge by...

According to the Newsday link in the OP the current owner paid $315,000 in 1997 and did major renovations. Now when I just went back into the link the formats been changed. Newpapers change their formats everyday but Wed. at 2:18 PM a blogger named Valerie Kellogg posted that at least three realtors were spooked in the basement during an open house that was being held. Just creepy hair standing up on neck type of feelings. Wonder what it will say tomorrow? :ph34r:

The last owner bought it for $300,000 and change, now it's worth over a million. He must have done some awesome improvements. The home is beautiful, but I think the murders might play in my mind at times. The spirits wouldn't bother me.

there's no spirits TO bother you. the amityville horror story is fake... along with anything else that has to do with the warrens.

So you would be OK with possibly being around murderous demons(if the story is true)?

ahhhh, i might use it as a holiday home! i dont think i would want to live there full time if the place was haunted

I would love to spend at least one night there

now that sounds like an idea!

ahhhh, i might use it as a holiday home! i dont think i would want to live there full time if the place was haunted

no worries... it's not haunted... the stories are all fake.

there's no spirits TO bother you. the amityville horror story is fake... along with anything else that has to do with the warrens.

True. The author of that fake book did a few lengthy interviews stating it was completely made up. The Warrens even had him rewrite it because they didn't think it was scary enough. Those kooky Warrens...

I don't care if it's all fake!! Ahhh! :o

It's like a freaky movie...I know it is not real...but it still creeps me out!! :lol:

Some of my mates who are devilish pranksters have a ball scaring me at the appropriate times. After a trip to a scary viewing at the cinema you must believe all the cruel things they come up with! Imagine being stuck in a house like this with them... :cry:

Edited by Moon Minion

Ok, lets get past the movies and books..

The creepy factor is just the fact that 6 people from children to adults all lost their lives in a cold, brutal fashion. That my friends is where the creepy factor comes in. Not little red eyed pigs rocking on chairs or flys picking on priests. The fact that a family met their fate at the hands of their own kin.

I think every time I went down a hallway or entered a room I would see a little boy there staring at me.

Though the house is indeed awe inspiring in terms of looks, space and the boathouse.. wow.. what a piece of property.

IT Better no be fake :( Visiting that house is on my top 10 to do list lol So is playing Hiding go seek in Westchester Manson :)

The spook factor doesn't impress me nor do the books or the movies. It's just that everytime I walked in one of those bedrooms I'd be thinking wow, an entire family was brutally massacred in these rooms. That was very real.

The spook factor doesn't impress me nor do the books or the movies. It's just that everytime I walked in one of those bedrooms I'd be thinking wow, an entire family was brutally massacred in these rooms. That was very real.

Lizzie Borden house effect.

death_abby.crime.scene.police.photo.jpg

Edited by Jerry Only

I'd live in it. Wouldn't bother me.

Yep, people were murdered in it. That is sad for the family and the victims. I'd think of them and hope that if they were still alive they would be pleased with how much I loved the house but otherwise...*shrug* it's a house.

It isn't like you would be moving into a home with the bloodstains and victims still there.

I would have the most amazing Halloween parties.

Nibs

Lizzie Borden house effect.

death_abby.crime.scene.police.photo.jpg

Thanks JO :w00t:

I'd love to visit the place, but really, could you sleep in that room. Especially since that's such a well known picture. I don't know if there's crime scene photos available from the Amityville house, and I hope HerNibs invites us all over for Halloween, but sleep peacefully there? I just don't know.

Editted to add:

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/csgallery/index.html

Found a link to pictures of the house taken at the time of the murders.

Alas, no crime scene photos themselves.

Editted again to say I did find one photo but I didn't post a link it's rather graphic. It's one of the younger girls. Can be found at underworldtales.com/amityville.htm.

Edited by susieice

My bad. Above pic gallery does show pics of the bedroom crime scenes though not as graphic as the second link mentioned. Didn't go through all of them before I posted link.

The windows were a better change I think, because the old picture window really freaked my the hell out. They looked like eyes that were looking at you.

Edited by Ryinrea

The house does look awesome.

Macabre history aside, it looks worth the money, really.

Shame about the distinctive windows tho.

I'd buy it. The evil doll in the movie creeped me out though. That's why I can't stand dolls to this day.

IT Better no be fake :( Visiting that house is on my top 10 to do list lol So is playing Hiding go seek in Westchester Manson :)

do you mean the WINCHESTER mansion?