Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP again attacking Gays in the Military

THE MATRIX

The military does not serve at your discretion and you are delusional to think that it does.

All you have is a ballot paper with which to put your x on.

Most politicians that control what the military does have never served. So you are incorrect. Also from town mayors all the way to the top (President) the civilians are for the most part in control as to what a civilian leader will dictate to the militery. It happened in Vietnam when the population of the U.S. said enough is enough and political preassure ended it. Civilians do have a say. Or are you saying that the goverment is above civilian influience. To me that would be more like a dictatorship really. Just sayin.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Pseudo Intellectual

• eqgumby

• Alien Being

Some people are attention seekers and like to think the world evovles around them. It doesnt.

If I was a cop and got a mouthy civilian telling me I served them then I'd cart them off to the Police Station for the afternoon just to teach them a lesson.

So you would break the law and ignore the constitutional rights of American citizens to teach them a lesson. Ummm ok :blink:

Most politicians that control what the military does have never served. So you are incorrect. Also from town mayors all the way to the top (President) the civilians are for the most part in control as to what a civilian leader will dictate to the militery. It happened in Vietnam when the population of the U.S. said enough is enough and political preassure ended it. Civilians do have a say. Or are you saying that the goverment is above civilian influience. To me that would be more like a dictatorship really. Just sayin.

I can tell you now that even your Congress and President arent aware of everything that goes on in your military because their security clearence isnt high enough.

Justifying a repeal of don't ask-don't tell, or the acceptance of openly gay service members by making statements such as "you serve at the discretion of the people in society. And that means me." will earn you nothing but disdain and disgust from any one that has an ounce of respect for the men and women that serve this country by laying their lives on the line every day.

It was a question I asked originally. And if that's what passes for disdain and disgust from our military, then they could use a course in CIVICS 101.

I also have never heard your military meme. Maybe it's from too years ago or a regional thing.

So you would break the law and ignore the constitutional rights of American citizens to teach them a lesson. Ummm ok :blink:

Being cheeky and difficult to a Police officer is against the Law.

The great thing about America is if they then get angry over me trying to arrest them I get to use my stun gun to sort out their attitude problem.

Edited by Alien Being

I can think of dozens of very compelling arguments to allow gays to serve openly, but none of them are as whiney and self centered or self serving as "you serve at the discretion of the people in society. And that means me." from someone that has NO CLUE what a sacrifice it is to serve.

And yet you failed to contribute in a meaningful way in the discussion of those arguments. Instead you want to ignorantly post ad hominem attacks against me (which is against forum rules) without a single ounce of any of my personal facts. AGAIN, I am not going to parade my families military service for your inspection. As it has NO BEARING on the subject. It is simply your excuse for not discussing it.

Being cheeky and difficult to a Police officer is against the Law.

The great thing about America is if they then get angry over me trying to arrest them I get to use my stun gun to sort out their attitude problem.

So if they say you work for me, and you then throw a tantrum and try and arrest them, which really they have done nothing wrong, but bug you, you then zap them?

You should quit.

Maybe. We still don't know if it would pass a vote in Congress. But regardless, just because a majority of Congress or the Pres supports it, in theory, does not automatically mean it should happen. The primary concern has to be military efficacy. Letting anything else get in the way of that is simply irresponsible. How do you think a public opinion poll would turn out regarding whether most people really care if DADT is changed?

Ok. And DADT is getting in the way of military efficacy. This has been shown to be clearly true. Public opinion polls do ask whether people "really" care about DADT and they overwhelmingly oppose it.

Of course no one is surprised at where the left's priorities lay.

If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people — their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties — someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."
source

Yep. A great source of pride.

Some people are attention seekers and like to think the world evovles around them. It doesnt. If I was a cop and got a mouthy civilian telling me I served them then I'd cart them off to the Police Station for the afternoon just to teach them a lesson.

I'm certainly not an attention seeker. And our military is not a local policeman. And we're talking about policy not a traffic stop or individual war. Although that says a lot about your worldview.

So if they say you work for me, and you then throw a tantrum and try and arrest them, which really they have done nothing wrong, but bug you, you then zap them?

You should quit.

and sign up for some anger managment class's. Thats not cop material.

You should quit.

Imagine I pulled you over for speeding which upsets you.

Suppose you then start passing wise remarks saying I work for you and you think its disgusting that I am puling over motorists when I should be out catching real criminals I'd tell you straight that I couldnt give a dam what you think, that you have been pulled over for breaking the law and if you dont shut your mouth and let me get on with my job you'll be going down the police station.

If you fail to get the message I'd then arrest you and take you down the Polcie station. I'd charge you for motoring offences instead of giving you a ticket and also for obstructing a Police Officier. If you put up a struggle when being arresting I'd stun gun you and charge you with resisting arrest as well when I got you to the Police Station.

Edited by Alien Being

I can tell you now that even your Congress and President arent aware of everything that goes on in your military because their security clearence isnt high enough.

and yet only a civilian can authorize a nuclear strike ;)

If thats the case then the speeder has already broken the law. Buy telling a cop that civilians pay his salary is not illegal.

and yet only a civilian can authorize a nuclear strike ;)

You dont really believe that do you?

Tell me what happens if China nukes the White House killing the President. Does your military just sit their because the guy with the button has been killed?

If thats the case then the speeder has already broken the law. Buy telling a cop that civilians pay his salary is not illegal.

Next time you get pulled over start passing those remarks at teh Polcie Officier and see where it gets you.

Suppose you then start passing wise remarks saying I work for you and you think its disgusting that I am puling over motorists when I should be out catching real criminals I'd tell you straight that I couldnt give a dam what you think, that you have been pulled over for breaking the law and if you dont shut your mouth and let me get on with my job you'll be going down the police station.

If you fail to get the message I'd then arrest you and take you down the Polcie station. I'd charge you for motoring offences instead of giving you a ticket and also for obstructing a Police Officier. If you put up a struggle when being arresting I'd stun gun you and charge you with resisting arrest as well when I got you to the Police Station.

Yeah if I got physical and tried to resist arrest then I can see why you would zap me, if I said oh you work for me, then its something that can be ignored, and just carry on with what you are doing, like giving me a ticket, or taking details. If I started swearing and being abusive to you then yeah I see why you would take me down to the station. the way you made it sound first is that if someone says hey you work for me, then you think hey I will drag them down to the station just for the hell of it to teach them a lesson, and if they give me attitude then bam I zap them muwhahahaha!!

Next time you get pulled over start passing those remarks at teh Polcie Officier and see where it gets you.

You want the police to have the right to break the law? Do you see the irony or hipocrisy there.

Edited by The Silver Thong

I did one time and he said I was right when my mom was pulled over.

We didn't get a ticket, just a warning.

You dont really believe that do you?

Tell me what happens if China nukes the White House killing the President. Does your military just sit their because the guy with the button has been killed?

Then the job would be handed to another civilian called the Vise President. China would have to be darn sneaky to get a nuke to D.C. with out anyone noticing an icbm coming in hot. I have to ask, how old are you?

Yeah if I got physical and tried to resist arrest then I can see why you would zap me, if I said oh you work for me, then its something that can be ignored, and just carry on with what you are doing, like giving me a ticket, or taking details. If I started swearing and being abusive to you then yeah I see why you would take me down to the station. the way you made it sound first is that if someone says hey you work for me, then you think hey I will drag them down to the station just for the hell of it to teach them a lesson, and if they give me attitude then bam I zap them muwhahahaha!!

I would adopt the position where I am a Police Officer not your friend and I exist to catch criminals.

If you break the motoring laws then I will give you a ticket as that is my job. I do not work for you I protect society from the likes of you. I will not tolerate any disobedience, any mouthyness, and swearing, and witty remarks or any backchat of any form. Try it and you'll get warned only once then the next time I'll arrest you.

Resist and you'll get 50,000 volts and a few hours locked up in a Police Cell.

I would adopt the position where I am a Police Officer not your friend and I exist to catch criminals.

If you break the motoring laws then I will give you a ticket as that is my job. I do not work for you I protect society from the likes of you. I will not tolerate any disobedience, any mouthyness, and swearing, and witty remarks or any backchat of any form. Try it and you'll get warned only once then the next time I'll arrest you.

Resist and you'll get 50,000 volts and a few hours locked up in a Police Cell.

I just hope you never grow up and become a cop... Actually you would fail the initial testing so I guess we don't have much to worry about.

Then the job would be handed to another civilian called the Vise President. China would have to be darn sneaky to get a nuke to D.C. with out anyone noticing an icbm coming in hot. I have to ask, how old are you?

Older than you and a lot wiser in military issues.

I just hope you never grow up and become a cop... Actually you would fail the initial testing so I guess we don't have much to worry about.

You dont know many cops do you? Traffic cops are the best. Why do you think people refer to them as the Gestapo? My Polcie Career would centre around me being promoted and commission if its traffic offences.

I have no interest in what you think should happen all I'm bothered about is what laws have you broken and what can I arrest you for.

Edited by Alien Being