Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP again attacking Gays in the Military

THE MATRIX

Silver gets pretty emotional and rant-y when it comes to the US military. There was a thread a while ago about alleged US war crimes. He went nuts.

and in the end I was right, so ya who's talkin crazy talk. Care to post the ending of that thread my friend?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Pseudo Intellectual

• eqgumby

• ninjadude

and in the end I was right, so ya who's talkin crazy talk. Care to post the ending of that thread my friend?

How were you right?

And didn't the thread get locked?

How were you right?

And didn't the thread get locked?

I was right in the fact the military personal in question were tried and convected and no as far as I can see the thread was never locked. Are you on a witch hunt PI ;)

Edited by The Silver Thong

I'm completely for the repealing of the "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy, for reasons anyone should be allowed to serve in the military regardless of sexual orientation. Does being gay make a soldier "weak" or "effeminate"? Nope, the policy continues to make homosexuals subject to ridicule and disapproval, but this is based on this weird P-C nonsense of people should "keep being gay" to themselves, like ones' marital status and whatever controversial should be kept out of a workplace environment.

I'm completely for the repealing of the "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy, for reasons anyone should be allowed to serve in the military regardless of sexual orientation. Does being gay make a soldier "weak" or "effeminate"? Nope, the policy continues to make homosexuals subject to ridicule and disapproval, but this is based on this weird P-C nonsense of people should "keep being gay" to themselves, like ones' marital status and whatever controversial should be kept out of a workplace environment.

It's about homophobia, some think it's contagious like leprorsy. Those are the ones that are to scared to leave the closet. Hence them condeming it to be some back alley perv show. Funny how gay women are ok but gay guys are not. Hmmmm Gay women reduce my chances :lol:

I was right in the fact the military personal in question were tried and convected

Really? Link, please?

Are you on a witch hunt PI ;)

Nope. Just pointing out how you get when the topic is the US military. Remember that little quote Poopie put in his signature?

Really? Link, please?

Nope. Just pointing out how you get when the topic is the US military. Remember that little quote Poopie put in his signature?

If we are talking about the same thread I am, then you know it as much as me, go find it yourself. Ya I do remeber Poopies sig and he apoligized to me in a pm for doing so as also a moderator found it offensive and had it removed. Good to know the company you keep. As well he knew thats not what I was about. So your witch hunt continues. Post the thread you lazy sob :lol:

If we are talking about the same thread I am, then you know it as much as me, go find it yourself. Ya I do remeber Poopies sig and he apoligized to me in a pm for doing so as also a moderator found it offensive. Good to know the company you keep. As well he knew thats not what I was about. So your witch hunt continues. Post the thread you lazy sob :lol:

Theres a way to settle this to keep everybody happy.

When applying to join the forces you have a box to tick which notifies the recruiting Sargent if you are gay, if you dont mind serving alongside homosexuals/lesbians or if you're totally opposed to it.

Then if you're totally opposed to it you get to serve in a straight only regiment.

If we are talking about the same thread I am, then you know it as much as me, go find it yourself. Ya I do remeber Poopies sig and he apoligized to me in a pm for doing so as also a moderator found it offensive and had it removed. Good to know the company you keep. As well he knew thats not what I was about. So your witch hunt continues. Post the thread you lazy sob :lol:

The quote was pretty self-explanatory. But I'm really interested in that link. I didn't follow the "war crimes" story, so I don't know what happened in the end.

Theres a way to settle this to keep everybody happy.

When applying to join the forces you have a box to tick which notifies the recruiting Sargent if you are gay, if you dont mind serving alongside homosexuals/lesbians or if you're totally opposed to it.

Then if you're totally opposed to it you get to serve in a straight only regiment.

Do you want the military to tuck you in at night too? People in the militery are supose to be mature thinking adults if thats not the case than the military is worse than I thought. You do what they say and thats it. Gay shouldn't be an issue right. Do the job and be done with it. If I was in the army and I had to look over my shoulders more often to see if a gay guy was there more often then looking for the taliban then thers a problem.

Don't want the taliban giving me a bum rush.

Don't hold your breath Psuedo. If you are referring to the same thread I think you are, then I was the one in the, ahem 'argument' with Silver. All I see right now is the same tactics here he used in that discussion as well; deflection, patronization and dismissal, all to get around the fact that either he cannot back up his points or that he ****ed up a statement and got backed into a corner.

I don't expect too much in the way of rational posts by him, not after that thread.

The quote was pretty self-explanatory. But I'm really interested in that link. I didn't follow the "war crimes" story, so I don't know what happened in the end.

I'm starting to think you have a crush on me :wub: You know the thread and as far as my stance goes on another thread that you want so much to bring up. I was right and you were wrong nanana booboo go cry somewhere else.

Don't hold your breath Psuedo. If you are referring to the same thread I think you are, then I was the one in the, ahem 'argument' with Silver. All I see right now is the same tactics here he used in that discussion as well; deflection, patronization and dismissal, all to get around the fact that either he cannot back up his points or that he ****ed up a statement and got backed into a corner.

I don't expect too much in the way of rational posts by him, not after that thread.

I see you changed your avi and your name. So do tell, how did earthings blow up the moon again LOL

The soldiers pleaded guilty but were not charged.

I'm starting to think you have a crush on me :wub: You know the thread and as far as my stance goes on another thread that you want so much to bring up. I was right and you were wrong nanana booboo go cry somewhere else.

I'm not trying to start anything here. I don't even remember anything about that thread, so I'd have no luck searching for it. You said the men were tried and convicted. I just want to know if it's true.

This must be what it's like when attacked by a bunch of Tea Partiers LOL

I see you changed your avi and your name. So do tell, how did earthings blow up the moon again LOL

The soldiers pleaded guilty but were not charged.

Ok, perhaps we are not talking about the same thread. Soldiers pleading guilty never came up in the thread I am thinking of. Also, I have never changed my name or avi on these boards.

Still, my point stands. You have p***-poor debate skills.

This must be what it's like when attacked by a bunch of Tea Partiers LOL

Case. In. Point.

Edited by Rhomphaia

I'm not trying to start anything here. I don't even remember anything about that thread, so I'd have no luck searching for it. You said the men were tried and convicted. I just want to know if it's true.

You know the thread hell you brought it up. Did you not hear what the soldiers themselves had to say or are you being obtuse on purpose?

Do you want the military to tuck you in at night too? People in the militery are supose to be mature thinking adults if thats not the case than the military is worse than I thought. You do what they say and thats it. Gay shouldn't be an issue right. Do the job and be done with it. If I was in the army and I had to look over my shoulders more often to see if a gay guy was there more often then looking for the taliban then thers a problem.

Don't want the taliban giving me a bum rush.

What would happen to a POW if the Taliban discovered he wa a gay solider?

Ok, perhaps we are not talking about the same thread. Soldiers pleading guilty never came up in the thread I am thinking of. Also, I have never changed my name or avi on these boards.

Still, my point stands. You have p***-poor debate skills.

And yours are to go down in history :w00t: seems when I p*** someone off they turn into what they accuse others of, fantastic :tu:

What would happen to a POW if the Taliban discovered he wa a gay solider?

Same as if any American super stud was captured, they be dead. Whats your point?

You know the thread hell you brought it up. Did you not hear what the soldiers themselves had to say or are you being obtuse on purpose?

What are you getting worked up over? I remember the thread, but I stopped following it after it went off-topic and became about Iraq and the US military in general. I think it got locked, but maybe it was unlocked after a while.

Anyway, I'm honestly interested in knowing whether the men were tried and convicted or not. There's no reason to resort to personal attacks. Just give me a link. :tu:

And yours are to go down in history :w00t: seems when I p*** someone off they turn into what they accuse others of, fantastic :tu:

You know, from this comment, and others you have made in various threads, I really am starting to think that you are a forum troll. You get a kick out of trying to p*** people off and therefore, nothing you say should be taken seriously. However, I am going to post a link to prove my point, just give me a few moments to dig up the thread.

5 Tea Partiers against one moderate, gota love it :yes:

You know, from this comment, and others you have made in various threads, I really am starting to think that you are a forum troll. You get a kick out of trying to p*** people off and therefore, nothing you say should be taken seriously. However, I am going to post a link to prove my point, just give me a few moments to dig up the thread.

You are the one that used curse words on me and took the debate to a kindergarder level. I may not be able to debate like you on a play ground but I hold my own using others moronic posts as there own enemy.

Same as if any American super stud was captured, they be dead. Whats your point?

The Taliban are more of a threat to a gay solider than a straight one.

The Taliban are religious extremists which is both a good thing and a bad thing if you are taken pow. Basically you can talk your way out of execution if you know how Islam works and have good morals. Islam has rules to follow and a code of honour to abide by.

However if they find out someone is homosexual they are dead. Probably leaving this world in a nasty way too such as beheading.