Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hockey!

The Krow

Ok...I was reading in the hobbies section...and there is NO hockey thread...isn't that just wrong??? Hockey is one of the best sports in the world...whether you are Candian or American or in Europe...Hockey is a sport any and all kinds of people enjoy...

My favorite team in the NHL is the New Jersey Devils... I actually really got into the Devils because of their Goalie, Martin Brodeur. He is a truly amazing player, one of the best puckhandling goalies in the world grin2.gif

anyhoo, feel free to post on why you like hockey and your favorite teams and what not. tongue.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Krow

• catsrule52

• babyforrest

• Cufflink

Here in Manchester, England, we used to have a very well supported team, the Manchester Storm. I'm not clear on how things went wrong for them, but I think it was a gradual fall off in ticket sales. Anyway they're back, now, calling themselves the Manchester Phoenix.

Ice hockey (the UK teams)gets coverage on TV over here, but as a fringe sport, and usually just the finals. But there is a loyal following, and a lot bigger than our US football and basketball teams get. The NHL has loads of coverage on Channel 5.

I think the problem the Manchester team had was it happened to be in a city with two massively supported football teams.

I do like to watch the ice hockey during the winter olympics, and usually cheer on the Canadians and the US. I can see the appeal. thumbsup.gif It's end to end stuff, with few breaks, and it's very easy to get into.

Actually, Krow, perhaps you can help me with one question I've always had about the sport. Why is the game divided into three periods?

Edited by Cufflink

Because 3 periods is awsome. No other sport has 3 periods. We have to have time for Coach's Corner.

the devil.gif !!! oh man hate the devils, although brodeur is one of the alltime best.

hopefully he can play that good in the world cup this fall.

i'm a home town supporter, used to like the maple leafs, but then once the senators started playing better than an expansion team, and beat the leafs for the first time, 95-96 i think, i became an ottawa senators fan.

and they just signed hasek today, we'll see if he can help because the goaltending in front of this brilliant team has been crap once we get in the playoffs.....

...and of course, here's hoping we have hockey to watch next year. huh.gif

I was either The Devils or The Islanders...and I can't stand the Islanders...

Cuffy...I honestly have no idea why it is 3 periods...but it is cool

HOCKEY what about basketball???? I love the sport I know some others have to love it to! And theres nothing about that!

Oh yeah GO LAKERS......next year well next season.

well, as one who hates just about every sport on the face of the earth (sept boxing) i dont care for it, tho it is the least hated of all hated sports...my gf took me to a hockey game once, penguins vs admirals, and she said those teams hate each other and usually have really good fights, and knowing i like boxing, she figured id like it. well...it wasnt too much better than a basketball/baseball game...tho much better than football (most despised in my eyes...) well, im here to tell ya..they were p***y fights...i could tell nobody ever told them how to punch...and they were holdin the other guys shirt, so they could hold him back, while they punched...what kinda pansy does that??? and several cheap shots were had...tho it was funny and entertaining, and overall, an almost good experience... thumbsup.gif

Well tendo, some fights suck...but some of them they clear the benches and its a brawl...and the refs really can't do anything...I think the best isn't the fights...its the slashing...that is fun to me...I play goalie, and i slash peoples ankles all the lime....and they scream in pain...all in good fun though grin2.gif

yea, The Avalanche are good...do they still have Roy??? or did he retire???

dontgetit.gif

Because 3 periods is awsome. No other sport has 3 periods. We have to have time for Coach's Corner.

I hate Don Cherry!!!

yea, The Avalanche are good...do they still have Roy??? or did he retire???

dontgetit.gif

he retired crying.gif

ah, well...he'll probably be back...all the greats are making comebacks nowadays

• 2 months later...