Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israeli forces storm Gaza aid ship

Ryinrea

Again with derailing the thread... Are you obsessed with Iraq, America and Bush? This discussion is about Israel and the flotilla.

I see you are a person that looks at just one peice of the pie and not the whole pie.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ryinrea

• Rosewin

• The Silver Thong

• Pseudo Intellectual

I wouldn't count on our anti-Israeli friends to comprehend such a simple fact.

PI I know you have seen my other posts and you do know I don't sympathize with Hamas or any Islamic type dictatorship. I want to make that clear. However when I see wrong I will speak out no matter the villian.

its legal to intervene in international waters if the ship is intending to break a blockade

No it is not legal when the ship is caring humanitarian aid. I also see you only look at story, and not the whole story.

The blockade is also illegal by international law, so basically they were pirates attacking humanitarian aid ship.

So basically they are being pirates.

Edited by Ryinrea

I've walked into this conversation on page 10 and I must admit I didn't read all the way through the thread. I've been in and out all weekend due to the holiday and not following what's been going on. Looking at the reports I've been able to google up in the last 1/2 hour, I have to say in the court of public opinion, this is not looking good for Israel. The UN has called an emergency Security Council meeting to condemn the attack. England is demanding an end to the blockade.(This is not the first time a humanitarian mission has been boarded by the Israeli military, however it does seem to be the most violent.) The PM of Turkey has left South America and is condemning this as an act of piracy. Doctors Worldwide is screaming about the Geneva Convention, probably Protocol 1.

Why does the Israeli government continue to burn it's bridges like this. Is there really any evidence that the people on these boats were on anything but a humanitarian mission and that they did anything at all to physically provoke an attack of this magnitude before they were boarded via helicopter by the Israeli military? Just trying to figure out what's going on.

PI I know you have seen my other posts and you do know I don't sympathize with Hamas or any Islamic type dictatorship. I want to make that clear. However when I see wrong I will speak out no matter the villian.

You don't sympathize with the terrorists, I know, but I don't think you sympathize with Israel.

Why does the Israeli government continue to burn it's bridges like this. Is there really any evidence that the people on these boats were on anything but a humanitarian mission and that they did anything at all to physically provoke an attack of this magnitude before they were boarded via helicopter by the Israeli military? Just trying to figure out what's going on.

Yes, there is. I have to go now, so I can't explain, but read the whole thread and you'll find your answer.

You don't sympathize with the terrorists, I know, but I don't think you sympathize with Israel.

No I can't sympathize with Israel but that does not make me the enemy. I do see Israels plieght but I can not condone many of there actions. I hope you can understand why many can't. It's not about hating Israel or Jews as that would be very far from the case it's about the smaller things that do matter.

Israel is where it is because of NATO and they need protection but they don't need to rub nations faces in the protection the U.S. gives them. Tension is cause not by one side but by both. If not it would be water off a ducks back right?

A

Just because I don't sympathize with Israel doesn't mean I am Anti Semitic, nor does it mean Silver Thong is one either.

No I can't sympathize with Israel but that does not make me the enemy. I do see Israels plieght but I can not condone many of there actions. I hope you can understand why many can't. It's not about hating Israel or Jews as that would be very far from the case it's about the smaller things that do matter.

Israel is where it is because of NATO and they need protection but they don't need to rub nations faces in the protection the U.S. gives them. Tension is cause not by one side but by both. If not it would be water off a ducks back right?

Israel does what it needs to do to survive, regardless of what alleged allies have to say about it. I don't blame them one bit when they invade Gaza after Hamas launches a rocket that falls in a kindergarten, or when they try to steer a ship away to prevent it from violating a blockade and end up attacking the passengers in self-defense.

A

Just because I don't sympathize with Israel doesn't mean I am Anti Semitic, nor does it mean Silver Thong is one either.

I've never made such a claim. There are people who oppose Israel but don't hate Jews. I only mention Jew-hatred when the Israel-hater in question is indeed a Jew-hater.

Israel does what it needs to do to survive, regardless of what alleged allies have to say about it. I don't blame them one bit when they invade Gaza after Hamas launches a rocket that falls in a kindergarten, or when they try to steer a ship away to prevent it from violating a blockade and end up attacking the passengers in self-defense.

I've never made such a claim. There are people who oppose Israel but don't hate Jews. I only mention Jew-hatred when the Israel-hater in question is indeed a Jew-hater.

First part, you are looking at it through a one eyed looking glass.

Second, could you point out a jew hater on UM? I personaly love the Jewish people, they gave me a job and a pay cheque that I relish every two weeks, no joke I love them.

But as in other threads some could say Israel as pulling the race card.

Edited by The Silver Thong

source?

I gave you the source up in my origami post

susieice no their isn't most of the stories I have read have them only having Humanitarian aid, and the fact Custom agency at each dock checked them toughly no weapons were aboard the ships.

I gave you the source up in my origami post

give me a quote. i dont want to read through all of it

susieice no their isn't most of the stories I have read have them only having Humanitarian aid, and the fact Custom agency at each dock checked them toughly no weapons were aboard the ships.

I got that. I'm up to page five, and from what I've read there was live feed coming from the ships and none of the reporters saw the people on the boats fire weapons. Danielost's suggestion that they could have used Naval ships to sink them would really have caused an uproar. Humanitarian considerations which pose no threat to Israel should take priority over politics. Kid's toys? Come on. No, I wouldn't have turned the supplies over either. Who knows where they would have ended up.

So far, I haven't read anything that tells me the people on those boats deserved this. The reports now are saying the injured were from countries as far away as Australia.

give me a quote. i dont want to read through all of it

Then you shouldn't be asking, try to keep up ;)

was i talking to you? do i care what you have to say? try to keep up ;)

I asked him for a source. what i got was a long article with pointless stuff. im trying to have a serious discussion. please leave now

Edited by Drj312

Keep up? You people are moving right along here :blush:

These ships were flying whose flags. What country were these ships registered to?

was i talking to you? do i care what you have to say? try to keep up ;)

I asked him for a source. what i got was a long article with pointless stuff. im trying to have a serious discussion. please leave now

This is a public forum so I don't really care who you were talking to. Oh and if you want to keep up you might want to know that the he is a she so pay attention.

I can see how serious your question was as in the fact you have no clue who you are asking the question to. Please try and read a thread befor you put your foot in your mouth again.

Now did you have a real question or just some BS posting similarities that you might use from your pokemon site?

I'm siding with Israel on this one. They warned the ships that there would be measures taken but the commanders ignored it. Besides, the Palestinians are just greedy. They should be thankful for what they have got, instead of asking for more. Hamas also is not a legitimate government. It is still a terrorist organization and therefore is subject to the rules of war. If Israel wants to impose a seige, so be it. If it has jurisdiction over Gazan waters, then Israel has the right to impose whatever it wants on ships entering Gaza.

Besides, how do we even know it was 'essential' aid? It might have been a consignment of guns, rockets and ammunition for all we know.

Edited by MichaelW

Keep up? You people are moving right along here :blush:

These ships were flying whose flags. What country were these ships registered to?

It was in international waters, unless they were flying the skull and cross bones this action should not have been taken. As far as it goes it was the Turks that were suppling aid a member of the EU and of nato.

I'm siding with Israel on this one. They warned the ships that there would be measures taken but the commanders ignored it. Besides, the Palestinians are just greedy. They should be thankful for what they have got, instead of asking for more. Hamas also is not a legitimate government. It is still a terrorist organization and therefore is subject to the rules of war. If Israel wants to impose a seige, so be it. If it has jurisdiction over Gazan waters, then Israel has the right to impose whatever it wants on ships entering Gaza.

Besides, how do we even know it was 'essential' aid? It might have been a consignment of guns, rockets and ammunition for all we know.

What would you do if you sent a boat full of aid to Africa and a canadian destroyer intersepted and killed crew members. Better yet what would you do if the U.S sent aid to Saudi Arabia?

Hamas is a terrorist organization that I don't support by any means but the Palestinian people are civilians caught up in a war zone. That does earn them protection by the Geneva convention. If these ships were flying a neutral flag in international waters and were proven to be carrying only humanitarian supplies that the UN has repeatedly said were desperately needed, there's a problem here. They didn't attack Hamas, they attacked Turkey or whoever's ships they were, and that seems to be how Turkey is looking at this.

This is a public forum so I don't really care who you were talking to. Oh and if you want to keep up you might want to know that the he is a she so pay attention.

I can see how serious your question was as in the fact you have no clue who you are asking the question to. Please try and read a thread befor you put your foot in your mouth again.

Now did you have a real question or just some BS posting similarities that you might be use to from your pokemon site?

Wow. I am so sorry that he is a she. Thats really important isnt it? that is definitely the thing i should pay attention to most. why do you do this in every thread? you just post snide comments to people who disagree with you. you make yourself look great.

I know exactly who i am i asking: Ryinrea. Do you think thats why i quoted her when i asked my question. is this getting too confusing for you?

I have been reading this read.

What was wrong with my question? Her and I disagree on something. I gave my source earlier. She did too, but i asked for the particular quote of the law that supported her argument because i didnt want to look through the pointless other parts. Did i do something wrong? Or are you just being a jackass again?

Your maturity knows no bounds. How old are you? 13? shouldnt you be trash talking on halo 3 right now?