Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israeli forces storm Gaza aid ship

Ryinrea

I saw people running around in a frenzy with no weapons, so I don't know really how the Israel's saw them waiting for them.

Eh?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ryinrea

• Rosewin

• The Silver Thong

• Pseudo Intellectual

If the IDF believed that the convoy was being used to smuggle weapons and ammunitions to Hamas and therefore there were terrorists on board, or the some of aid workers were involved with terrorist organizations, why were the commandos armed with 'paintball guns'?.

Well first off I doubt those were paintball guns and more likely some kind of pepper spray ball guns, they look similar. Having soldiers shoot paint at people seems rather odd. And as for using them instead of going in fully armed they likely knew that with all the activists on board was trouble waiting to happen and they wanted to try non-lethal methods of taking the ships. It seemed to work on the other ships however something happened on the main ship the resulted in live ammo being used.

Military training isn't to remain perfectly calm, it's to be aggressive. They were special forces soldiers, not trained to handle crowd control. They were not expecting a mob of people to start attacking them.

Really? You attempt to take over a ship in international waters and don't expect them to defend themselves?

I was just replying to a post made by Corp, and heres a link for you , claim by Israeli government official

Fail since they claimed that this ship was propaganda too make Israel not legal, so in other word they were p***ed that other people were helping the Palatines

MV Rachel Corrie, is being sent over now the Irish prime minster demands Israel to let the aid through.

For those that don't know about Rachel Corrie was an American that was killed by the Israelis bulldozers

Edited by Ryinrea

Really? You attempt to take over a ship in international waters and don't expect them to defend themselves?

Well to be fair the other ships didn't and no one was killed on them. After all it's not like the Israeli soldiers are going to do horrible things to the crew so I would think in this case it would be better not to attack the armed soldiers and instead keep things peaceful. After all the activists had proven their point, though the deaths are getting them a hell of a lot more press.

But Israel was not the attacker,

Nice attempt at spin. It's not working.

Well first off I doubt those were paintball guns and more likely some kind of pepper spray ball guns, they look similar. Having soldiers shoot paint at people seems rather odd. And as for using them instead of going in fully armed they likely knew that with all the activists on board was trouble waiting to happen and they wanted to try non-lethal methods of taking the ships. It seemed to work on the other ships however something happened on the main ship the resulted in live ammo being used.

Then when the soldiers were killed or injured, they could claim they were only using paintball guns. Israel is a criminal state.

Well to be fair the other ships didn't and no one was killed on them. After all it's not like the Israeli soldiers are going to do horrible things to the crew

REALLY?!!! Are you aware of what they do when taken prisoner by the IDF?

Eh?

From the news reports I have seen that had reporters their at the time of the raid, and on the ship they didn't have any weapons from what I saw.

Edited by Ryinrea

Can anyone give me good reasons they don't go through Egypt instead of continually pushing this issue?

And the News Paper in question is heavily Pro Israel, and a rightest newspaper, so take everything with a bit of salt.

Edited by Ryinrea

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israel-to-europe-stop-your-citizens-from-sailing-to-gaza-with-aid-1.290831

They called for Europe to stop send citizens with aid too Gaza. Oh no Humanitarians seriously Israel you have just shown your true colors.

Can anyone give me good reasons they don't go through Egypt instead of continually pushing this issue?

You mean the pledges made by Turkey to send more ships with Naval support? I would think the attack on their territory and the killing of peace activists would be taken personally by any country and they can justify their anti-Israeli position, with a great deal of sympathy throughout the world.

Anti-Israel PR.

You mean the pledges made by Turkey to send more ships with Naval support? I would think the attack on their territory and the killing of peace activists would be taken personally by any country and they can justify their anti-Israeli position, with a great deal of sympathy throughout the world.

That and the humanitarian aid that people have been whining and complaining that Israel has been blocking for years. If the entire world is so concerned about it why don't they just take the easiest available route?

And the News Paper in question is heavily Pro Israel, and a rightest newspaper, so take everything with a bit of salt.

Arutz Sheva is not rightist, it's religious.

If we go by your definition then Hamas and Abbas are also far-rightist.

Edited by Runa86

Up until today Egypt in unison with Israel both had a blockade on the Gaza Strip. Because of this incident Egypt, under popular demand from its own citizens, has decided to life the embargo.

An attack on ships from all over the world including people from European countries, the united states, Turkey,Grease,Sweden, and Northern Ireland, so not just Turkey. This was planed by 50 nations of all different creeds, and backgrounds just with one simple goal to show the world what Israel does in the Gaza blockade, and they used the media to their advantage which I :clap: at this because it showed the world Israel true colors which I saw a long time ago. I also see Hamas as the bad guy as well, so I am neutral in the conflict.

Edited by Ryinrea

Up until today Egypt in unison with Israel both had a blockade on the Gaza Strip. Because of this incident Egypt, under popular demand from its own citizens, has decided to life the embargo.

So why not just keep it open and remove the gazans' reliance on Israel ?. Maybe the EU monitors could come back as well.

Arutz Sheva is not rightist, it's religious.

If we go by your definition then Hamas and Abbas are also far-rightist.

That is the problem Religious biased, since a person religion can effect their perspective of the news. From wikipedia it said that it was rightist leaning, so Sorry about THAT. This is why I don't trust Hamas, nor do I trust religious based news papers

Edited by Ryinrea

Why hasn't Egypt been under scrutiny for this the same as Israel then?

Why hasn't Egypt been under scrutiny for this the same as Israel then?

They always go quiet when you ask this...then maybe they will say it is due to israeli pressure to keep it closed but as we see again today, Egypt can open it as and when they wish.

Nice attempt at spin. It's not working.

Let's see - Turkey, which currently occupied Cyprus and build illegal settelments, butcher it's large Kurdish minority (57,000 since 1984), carried the first modern genocide of the 20th century and still denies it, is all of the sudden the pure, merciful defender of Hamas (and not the Palestinian Authority, which represents the majority of the Palestinians in the territories, but they don't suite Erdugan's agenda because he's an Islamist), and sends this innocent "peace" fleet, which tries to break a military blockade Israel is entitled to put on an "enemy state" according to international laws, claiming to carry aid but hide clubs, molotov cocktails, shock grenades, and try to lynch soldiers armed with paintball rifles, because they expected they would simply have to calm a demonstration.

I understand radical left wingers tend to support the underdog everywhere, but really, supporting an Islamic KKK like regime? and siding with one of the worst human rights abuser in the west - Turkey.

There's simply no logic.

P.S

It seems there was not much aid on those ships - most of the aid is expired drugs and water, and the total aid on all of those ships is less than 25% of what Israel let Hamas get in on daily basis.

The whole point of these ships was to humaliate Israel and support Hamas, not the Palestinians.