Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blowing up pigs to save soldiers lives ?

UM-Bot

ok.....you opened another pandoras box......and i agree.............

How can you rehabilitate a pedophile or a rapist? Note that nowadays there is DNA evidence and it's unlikely that an innocent person is in prison for rape or pedophilia.

edit

We should start emptying our prisons if we're going to test explosions on living things.

Edited by Fernand0

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cluey

• Fernand0

• 27vet

• Gwynbleidd

How can you rehabilitate a pedophile or a rapist? Note that nowadays there is DNA evidence and it's unlikely that an innocent person is in prison for rape or pedophilia.

edit

We should start emptying our prisons if we're going to test explosions on living things.

ahhhh....i never said nor implied you could rehabilitate a pedophile!!!!........very unlikely.........and nor did i imply any where in prison that where innocent.................pigs are pigs............filthy human consuming animals...................simple really.....although with the over population expansion the world is currently having to deal with.......i'm sure a few wouldn't go a miss!!!!

ahhhh....i never said nor implied you could rehabilitate a pedophile!!!!........very unlikely.........and nor did i imply any where in prison that where innocent.................pigs are pigs............filthy human consuming animals...................simple really.....although with the over population expansion the world is currently having to deal with.......i'm sure a few wouldn't go a miss!!!!

Lots of exclamation on that comment. No matter how filthy pigs are, rapists and pedophiles are below them.

Lots of exclamation on that comment. No matter how filthy pigs are, rapists and pedophiles are below them.

The way i type or speak*so to say*......is Irrelevant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!.....your saying a filthy,dirty human consuming pig is better than a criminal or.....pedophile...............what about the filthy,dirty pedo or criminal that eats a human huh???????..............you obviously have a huge problem with pedo's and crims............start an appropriate thread if so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by cluey

I see no real problem with it.

Their pigs, we eat tens of thousands of them every year, we evolved to the point where we can exert control over them, not the other way round.

Any anyway, if you dont experiment on pigs and the like how will you test new advances?

Use people? Use comvicts? or homeless people? orphans, the elderly or the terminaly ill?

No, of course not.

No testing = no progress, no progress = stagnation, stagnation = decline, decline = bad.

• 2 months later...

I believe that quite often the animals in the slaughterhouse are not killed outright and suffer considerably. Both are deplorable. Do they use pigs in simulated plane crashes or car crashes? Why can't they use dummies?

Edited by 27vet

Simple - because dummies don't bleed or breathe or bruise or struggle. Pig physiology is very close to that of humans - so that's why we use pigs in a lot of our research - their hearts are about the right size and shape, their blood pressure is about the same, the temp is about the same, they have about the same digestive system - everything is the same except for the curly tail and winky.

Is it mean-spirited? Perhaps, but we have no choice without sacrificing human life to get data so we can be RE-active as opposed to blowing up some pigs to find out what may happen so we can be PRO-active.

Prisoners would never be used because of our Constitution and inhumane punishments and all.

Hey I think the Nazis were also trying to make that argument as they were flipping the switches in the gas chambers.

what so the nazis where gassing pigs too ???? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

I believe that quite often the animals in the slaughterhouse are not killed outright and suffer considerably. Both are deplorable. Do they use pigs in simulated plane crashes or car crashes? Why can't they use dummies?

pigs where bread to be eaten......last i saw in a crash test..........they use dummies.............i saw no pigs strapped to those seat belts :blink: and yes i have seen them kept as loving pets and its it's adorable.....and i have also seen how they slaughter them..........horrific??...yes!!!.....stunning them,wrapping a chain around one leg.......then using a knife from the heart to the neck........and letting them bleed......so..um...i guess i want to know what this thread is really about.............is this about testing land mines or bombs on pigs first instead of military????........if so.......i'd love to know what your complaining about :)

Edited by cluey

The fact is there is no other way to accurately substitute the human body.

You can use balistics gel torso's to simulate the effects of impacts, bullets etc. But you cant make them bruise, you cant make them bleed like a living thing and you cant do an autopsy to look at the delicate, fine detail effects on things like nerve and brain function.

Pigs are very similar to humans, thier flesh is almost identical density etc and thus they are the perfect for use in such tests. Its not nice but there is no other option at this time.

They dont use pigs in car crashes etc because you dont need to, all you need is a few things to measure deacelaration and g-forces etc and you can say wheter or not the person is dead, its a simple equation.

Measureing things like shrapnel wounds wtc are for more complicated and thus need carcasses, like pigs.

pork chops.....mmmmmmmmm

Back on topic...100 pigs being blown up versus one human life is too easy a choice.

pork chops.....mmmmmmmmm

Back on topic...100 pigs being blown up versus one human life is too easy a choice.

What I meant to say is some sacrifices are worth it.

we are also talking about an animal that will consume a human(bones and all)......with out hesitating......and is greatest pleasure is rolling in mud......:blink:

actually pigs dont like mud, but have to roll in it to stay cool

• 11 months later...

So what would the article writer prefer? Blowing up humans to save pigs? Give us a break.

You necro-posted to a thread that was a YEAR OLD to post that?? Goodness gracious!

Give him a break, he's ressurecting the dead.