Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Neverending Story: Reloaded

Antimony

Chapter III

Suddenly sobered up & energized he approached Captain Wart with determined steps, tapped him on the shoulder and pointed towards the hostile ship, himself & the Kumquat-crew: "What can I do to help?" he hoped the Captain would interpret correctly. The captain jumped with recognition and had one of his hooks print out schematics for the ship with a big red circle around one of the hallways. He then proceeded to reach into an opening in his console and carefully took out a pomegranate-sized sphere of iridescent blue light which he carefully placed into Joe's hand.

“And then what?” asked Joe, but “Aghdyehteeyehshesheer?” was clearly a question that he got in response, and whatever that meant, it was spat out of alien’s mouth in great hurry, so Joe didn’t protest when Captain tore a helmet-like object from hands of one Kumquat that materialized by them in panic and put it on Joe’s head.

"Be careful with that" he promptly understood the Big Wart to say with a voice that sounded remarkably like James Mason's, "if you drop that it will blow away half of this galaxy". Joe walked cautiously down the halls of the ship, thinking to himself, "Sure, entrust the galaxy killing device to the half-way drunken guy." That device also kept sliding down on Joe’s face, blocking his view, so he would gently push it back, wondering who designed this thing and for what kind of head, Kumquats he saw were not that big headed.

Joe didn't have much time to ponder that question, because seconds later he saw a bright light in the nearby corridor and aliens suddenly appeared, not looking too friendly.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J.B.

• Antimony

• Helen of Annoy

• THE MATRIX

Chapter III

Suddenly sobered up & energized he approached Captain Wart with determined steps, tapped him on the shoulder and pointed towards the hostile ship, himself & the Kumquat-crew: "What can I do to help?" he hoped the Captain would interpret correctly. The captain jumped with recognition and had one of his hooks print out schematics for the ship with a big red circle around one of the hallways. He then proceeded to reach into an opening in his console and carefully took out a pomegranate-sized sphere of iridescent blue light which he carefully placed into Joe's hand.

And then what? asked Joe, but Aghdyehteeyehshesheer? was clearly a question that he got in response, and whatever that meant, it was spat out of aliens mouth in great hurry, so Joe didnt protest when Captain tore a helmet-like object from hands of one Kumquat that materialized by them in panic and put it on Joes head.

"Be careful with that" he promptly understood the Big Wart to say with a voice that sounded remarkably like James Mason's, "if you drop that it will blow away half of this galaxy". Joe walked cautiously down the halls of the ship, thinking to himself, "Sure, entrust the galaxy killing device to the half-way drunken guy." The helmet also kept sliding down on Joes face, blocking his view, so he would gently push it back, wondering who designed this thing and for what kind of head, Kumquats he saw were not that big headed.

Joe didn't have much time to ponder that question, because seconds later he saw a bright light in the nearby corridor and aliens suddenly appeared, not looking too friendly. Now what? If only my grandma was here, to tell me that each time god closes a door, he also opens a window, or something like th...aaaaaaa! screamed Joe, because the helmet suddenly gripped his head tightly and he was pulled up through some narrow but slimy shaft.

Edit: I changed "the device" into "the helmet", because the half-a-galaxy-killing device is the iridescent ball, not the thing on Joe's head. Sorry, I was brain-dead when I wrote it the first time.

Edited by Helen of Annoy

Chapter III

“And then what?” asked Joe, but “Aghdyehteeyehshesheer?” was clearly a question that he got in response, and whatever that meant, it was spat out of alien’s mouth in great hurry, so Joe didn’t protest when Captain tore a helmet-like object from hands of one Kumquat that materialized by them in panic and put it on Joe’s head.

"Be careful with that" he promptly understood the Big Wart to say with a voice that sounded remarkably like James Mason's, "if you drop that it will blow away half of this galaxy". Joe walked cautiously down the halls of the ship, thinking to himself, "Sure, entrust the galaxy killing device to the half-way drunken guy." The helmet also kept sliding down on Joe’s face, blocking his view, so he would gently push it back, wondering who designed this thing and for what kind of head, Kumquats he saw were not that big headed.

Joe didn't have much time to ponder that question, because seconds later he saw a bright light in the nearby corridor and aliens suddenly appeared, not looking too friendly. “Now what? If only my grandma was here, to tell me that each time god closes a door, he also opens a window, or something like th...aaaaaaa!” screamed Joe, because the helmet suddenly gripped his head tightly and he was pulled up through some narrow but slimy shaft. Joe hugged the ball tight to him, not willing to let one ounce of slime touch it, in case that would be enough to set the damn thing off.

(It's alright Helen. That confused me, cause I automatically assumed the device was the ball, not the helmet, but it's good that we settled that fact early, lol.)

Chapter III

"Be careful with that" he promptly understood the Big Wart to say with a voice that sounded remarkably like James Mason's, "if you drop that it will blow away half of this galaxy". Joe walked cautiously down the halls of the ship, thinking to himself, "Sure, entrust the galaxy killing device to the half-way drunken guy." The helmet also kept sliding down on Joe’s face, blocking his view, so he would gently push it back, wondering who designed this thing and for what kind of head, Kumquats he saw were not that big headed.

Joe didn't have much time to ponder that question, because seconds later he saw a bright light in the nearby corridor and aliens suddenly appeared, not looking too friendly. “Now what? If only my grandma was here, to tell me that each time god closes a door, he also opens a window, or something like th...aaaaaaa!” screamed Joe, because the helmet suddenly gripped his head tightly and he was pulled up through some narrow but slimy shaft. Joe hugged the ball tight to him, not willing to let one ounce of slime touch it, in case that would be enough to set the damn thing off.

As suddenly as he was grabbed he was now released, apparently in a corridor that looked just the same as the first one, only Joe had no idea how far up he was transported, but at this point the only thing he could do is to keep the direction, hold the ball tight and hope the helmet, now falling on his eyes again, will do some trick for him when time comes.

(It's alright Helen. That confused me, cause I automatically assumed the device was the ball, not the helmet, but it's good that we settled that fact early, lol.)

(This is interesting experience, trying to follow story line that changes every time... just nudge me when necessary, I won't mind. :D )

Chapter III

As suddenly as he was grabbed he was now released, apparently in a corridor that looked just the same as the first one, only Joe had no idea how far up he was transported, but at this point the only thing he could do is to keep the direction, hold the ball tight and hope the helmet, now falling on his eyes again, will do some trick for him when time comes.

The printed map started to glow minutes after the tunnel sucked him up, and a line started glowing on the wall beside him, seemingly to guide him where he needed to be.

Chapter III

The printed map started to glow minutes after the tunnel sucked him up, and a line started glowing on the wall beside him, seemingly to guide him where he needed to be. The problem of course was that he still didn't have the slightest idea what exactly he was expected to do.

Chapter III

The printed map started to glow minutes after the tunnel sucked him up, and a line started glowing on the wall beside him, seemingly to guide him where he needed to be. The problem of course was that he still didn't have the slightest idea what exactly he was expected to do. Trusting in the fact that the tunnel automatically opened up for him, Joe followed the line until the end.

Chapter III

The printed map started to glow minutes after the tunnel sucked him up, and a line started glowing on the wall beside him, seemingly to guide him where he needed to be. The problem of course was that he still didn't have the slightest idea what exactly he was expected to do. Trusting in the fact that the tunnel automatically opened up for him, Joe followed the line until the end. There he felt the grip on his head again and braced himself for another swoosh through slimy shaft, only it didn’t happen this time, the wall simply lost its consistence and Joe stepped into an empty room before him, losing the ground beneath his feet so suddenly the “****” he uttered left hanging in that emptiness while he was falling down, clutching the iridescent ball to his chest.

Chapter III

The printed map started to glow minutes after the tunnel sucked him up, and a line started glowing on the wall beside him, seemingly to guide him where he needed to be. The problem of course was that he still didn't have the slightest idea what exactly he was expected to do. Trusting in the fact that the tunnel automatically opened up for him, Joe followed the line until the end. There he felt the grip on his head again and braced himself for another swoosh through slimy shaft, only it didn’t happen this time, the wall simply lost its consistence and Joe stepped into an empty room before him, losing the ground beneath his feet so suddenly the “****” he uttered left hanging in that emptiness while he was falling down, clutching the iridescent ball to his chest.

Joe rolled mid-fall to land on his back, making sure the ball didn't hit anything as he landed.

Chapter III

Joe rolled mid-fall to land on his back, making sure the ball didn't hit anything as he landed. He straightened himself up and took out his glowing map trying to get his bearings.

Chapter III

Joe rolled mid-fall to land on his back, making sure the ball didn't hit anything as he landed. He straightened himself up and took out his glowing map trying to get his bearings. The room he was in pulsated red light on the map, and a low beep could be heard with each flash of light, "Well, I'm here, now what?"

Chapter III

Joe rolled mid-fall to land on his back, making sure the ball didn't hit anything as he landed. He straightened himself up and took out his glowing map trying to get his bearings. The room he was in pulsated red light on the map, and a low beep could be heard with each flash of light, "Well, I'm here, now what?"

Then he noticed that his hands are placing the ball on the floor, without his conscious decision, but the instinctive inspiration left as sudden as it struck him and when the ball started to glide across the floor he couldn’t decide if he should follow it, or run for his life.

Chapter III

Then he noticed that his hands are placing the ball on the floor, without his conscious decision, but the instinctive inspiration left as sudden as it struck him and when the ball started to glide across the floor he couldn’t decide if he should follow it, or run for his life.

Suddenly he heard James Mason speak to him over the head-device: "Pick-up the sphere again, Joe, the Grindirnar are trying to confuse you, don't listen to them."

Chapter III

Suddenly he heard James Mason speak to him over the head-device: "Pick-up the sphere again, Joe, the Grindirnar are trying to confuse you, don't listen to them."

Joe picked the ball back up, clutching it tightly to himself as he heard himself screaming back, "And just who in the Hell are the Grindimar?!"

Chapter III

Joe picked the ball back up, clutching it tightly to himself as he heard himself screaming back, "And just who in the Hell are the Grindimar?!"

"Grin-dir-nar" James Mason answered back, "the destroyers of souls, the crushers of hearts, the grinders of bone...the scourge of the galaxy".

Chapter III

"Grin-dir-nar" James Mason answered back, "the destroyers of souls, the crushers of hearts, the grinders of bone...the scourge of the galaxy".

"Oh, so I'm only holding the ball that could wipe out the galaxy while fighting off Satan's minions!" replied Joe sarcastically as he tried to figure out just where to go from there.

(I honestly need to read better when you start making up words, lol. That admittedly Campbell-esque typo was completely accidental.)

Chapter III

"Oh, so I'm only holding the ball that could wipe out the galaxy while fighting off Satan's minions!" replied Joe sarcastically as he tried to figure out just where to go from there. "Although your choice of words is bewildering, your assessment of the situation is correct", continued the voice "thus the plan is to teleport you unto the enemy craft from the point indicated on the map, as your body-form, unlike ours, cannot be tracked by the Grindirnar."

Chapter III

"Oh, so I'm only holding the ball that could wipe out the galaxy while fighting off Satan's minions!" replied Joe sarcastically as he tried to figure out just where to go from there. "Although your choice of words is bewildering, your assessment of the situation is correct", continued the voice "thus the plan is to teleport you unto the enemy craft from the point indicated on the map, as your body-form, unlike ours, cannot be tracked by the Grindirnar."

"And how, exactly, is blowing this ball up over there going to not kill half the galaxy?"

Chapter III

"And how, exactly, is blowing this ball up over there going to not kill half the galaxy?"

“It’s not our half of the galaxy.” said the voice calmly, paused for a small eternity and then added “You do know what a joke is, do you?” but Joe was not sure anymore which voice was telling the truth, the one that acted like his own instinct or the one that spends potentially last moments of their common existence on jokes.

Chapter III

“It’s not our half of the galaxy.” said the voice calmly, paused for a small eternity and then added “You do know what a joke is, do you?” but Joe was not sure anymore which voice was telling the truth, the one that acted like his own instinct or the one that spends potentially last moments of their common existence on jokes. Joe decided to take a chance on the "bad guys."

Chapter III

“It’s not our half of the galaxy.” said the voice calmly, paused for a small eternity and then added “You do know what a joke is, do you?” but Joe was not sure anymore which voice was telling the truth, the one that acted like his own instinct or the one that spends potentially last moments of their common existence on jokes. Joe decided to take a chance on the "bad guys." Just in time, because the strange feeling of lightness he suddenly felt had to be the teleportation starting... and ending, simultaneously, sending two completely different images to his brain.

Chapter III

“It’s not our half of the galaxy.” said the voice calmly, paused for a small eternity and then added “You do know what a joke is, do you?” but Joe was not sure anymore which voice was telling the truth, the one that acted like his own instinct or the one that spends potentially last moments of their common existence on jokes. Joe decided to take a chance on the "bad guys." Just in time, because the strange feeling of lightness he suddenly felt had to be the teleportation starting... and ending, simultaneously, sending two completely different images to his brain.

After his eyes had adjusted themselves to the reddish-purple twilight that surrounded him, he realized that he had been transported to what had to be the equivalent of the Grindirnar galley, conveniently deserted at this hour.

Chapter III

After his eyes had adjusted themselves to the reddish-purple twilight that surrounded him, he realized that he had been transported to what had to be the equivalent of the Grindirnar galley, conveniently deserted at this hour. Joe found a secluded spot in the "galley" and stashed the deathball safely away so he could look around and investigate his supposed enemies, after all, no sense in taking a chance.

Chapter III

After his eyes had adjusted themselves to the reddish-purple twilight that surrounded him, he realized that he had been transported to what had to be the equivalent of the Grindirnar galley, conveniently deserted at this hour. Joe found a secluded spot in the "galley" and stashed the deathball safely away so he could look around and investigate his supposed enemies, after all, no sense in taking a chance.

The blow came so suddenly he felt his face kiss the floor even before he could decide which part of his body was hit.

Chapter IV

His head. It was definitely his head that was hit, he could tell by the blinding and deafening headache he got as he tried to open his eyes.

(Took the liberty of starting another chapter. It's not mandatory so if you have problems with this, just tack this onto the last paragraph that was written.)