Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pigeon held in India on suspicion of spying

Still Waters

Indian police are holding a pigeon under armed guard after it was caught on an alleged spying mission for arch rivals and neighbours Pakistan, according to reports in local media.

The white-coloured bird was found by a local resident in India's Punjab state, which borders Pakistan, and taken to a police station 25 miles from the capital Amritsar.

The pigeon had a ring around its foot and a Pakistani telephone number and address stamped on its body in red ink.

Ramdas Jagjit Singh Chahal, a police officer, said he suspected that the pigeon had landed on Indian soil from Pakistan with a message, although no trace of a note has been found.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mistydawn

• mrhannah94

• Paracelse

• cluey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"FReeeeee, Nel son the Pig eon............!!! I said, Freeeeee, ......"whistling2.gifwiggle.gif

I heard it was a duck<_<, GET HER LADS.........................

You don't scare me!!! post-58664-127551226534_thumb.jpg

:lol:

I wonder if Indian authorities are having any luck with the pigeon in the interrogation room? :lol:

So Indian pigeons look differently, why that?? They have 2 beaks? 4 wings? Or perhaps they already use Iphones were the Pakistani still use rings with messages attached to it... Or this particular pigeon was caught using a sophisticated digital cam that was hidden in his ring that why the police couldn't find it... and that why the bird is kept in an air-conditioned room in order to make sure the camera will be safe.

Edited by Paracelse

This is really not suprising, the Pakistan/India conflict is one of the most brutal with a very long history. I have a friend who is Indian and he tells me of the mass paranoia regarding it and the bitter hatred a lot of Indians have for Pakistanians.

really......will there be a prisoner exchange at some point

Isn't this the same country who's studying someone who clames no food or water for 70 years! Jeeze, what next.

just look at air India's flight history......i think that explains it all :blush:

I wonder if Indian authorities are having any luck with the pigeon in the interrogation room? :lol:

Probably not. XD They probably threatened the poor bird. That poor thing.

post-58664-127569337668_thumb.jpg

Wonder how they are going to try to get the information it has from it!!!laugh.gif

Ok mister pigeon, if that is your real name.

Tell us the Pakistanian plans!

74111203.jpg

well i would take the pigeon to custody too if i see it with a ring and a phone number written on it.

• 4 weeks later...

because out of all the worlds problems, we should focus on pidgeons.

Hmm...The pigeon must've looked suspicious enough...

spy-pigeon.jpg

• 1 month later...

its a lost homing pigeon. free the bird. or better yet take it home. it is self addressed.