Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you can prove your abilities...

over9millionyearsold

Some of the things mr walker has said are very true.

I've experienced things science couldn't even dream of explaining right now. You can't "control" abilities (I hate that word) it just happens.

The things that have happened to me were quite odd. A lot of you people have had those precognitive dreams where you'd see something in your dream that would come true later on in your life right? For those of you that have, you know what I'm talking about and how it's not coincidence.

Well, one summer, for about 30 days straight I believe, I started getting dreams that would "show" me things that would happen the next day. It was something small at first, like my parents getting certain brands of chips, the present I would get from christmas from my aunt etc. all very random stuff. Then one day, I had one particular dream that had shown me all of what the day after would have in store for me. I told my friends a few things that would happen that day and of course every single aspect of that dream came true. Every time I had one of these dreams they'd be 100 percent acurate and would leave no doubt in my mind something unexplainable was going on with me (well for our time it is). Then it stopped :(

So now, I still have those dreams about every 6 months. A recent example of this being me having a dream my dad got a speeding ticket (which I knew nothing about) then the next day of course my mom tells me he got a speeding ticket. Some of you will shout "Coincidence!" or "Bull Crap!" but it's not and that's the truth. So there is at least 1 thing out there that cannot be explained by science (or hasn't been yet), and I know this for a fact.

Just something to think about, now I need to go ice my fingers

Yes, they are allowed to charge whatever they wish, people don't have to go to them. There are many others who charge less or not at all, they can also fix themselves. You cannot just blame people...ugh its not about blaming people, it's about growing. It's about knowing thy self and others, and if you think it is a ridiculous price to pay then DO NOT pay it. They are not forced into going to these people, it is their own free will no matter how stupid or not you think it is.

The point is to respect other peoples wishes, while not insulting people just because you do not believe in what they do. Yes, there are invidviduals who do not practice from heart and are con artists, but I believe those people will get what they have coming to them, people can be con artists in anyyyy aspect of their life...not just to this, if you are going to call someone a conartist..look at other people as well to blame not just psychics....the point being is you can choose which wolf you feed (good or bad). It is a choice. Truth will find those that are of truth.

Goodnight

Yes, they are allowed to charge whatever they wish, people don't have to go to them. There are many others who charge less or not at all, they can also fix themselves. You cannot just blame people...ugh its not about blaming people, it's about growing. It's about knowing thy self and others, and if you think it is a ridiculous price to pay then DO NOT pay it. They are not forced into going to these people, it is their own free will no matter how stupid or not you think it is.

The point is to respect other peoples wishes, while not insulting people just because you do not believe in what they do. Yes, there are invidviduals who do not practice from heart and are con artists, but I believe those people will get what they have coming to them, people can be con artists in anyyyy aspect of their life...not just to this, if you are going to call someone a conartist..look at other people as well to blame not just psychics....the point being is you can choose which wolf you feed (good or bad). It is a choice. Truth will find those that are of truth.

Goodnight

Are you suggesting that it's OK to con people as long as they're gullible?

Business wise, yeah sure, if they're willing to pay then fleece them, but ethically?

How far does this go? I could charge cancer patients for my "miracle cure" and insist that if they want it to work they shouldn't get medical treatment. Sure they might die due to the misinformation and lack of real treatment but it's their choice right?

The first thread I started in UM was The Supernatural is really Natural. I have such a deep desire for people to take the, super or magical ideas out of their heads with they think of a psychic. I am not saying everyone has to believe there are such things as psychics. I am not even fond of the word psychic, because that word is so sensationalized. :rolleyes: I prefer the word - sensitive.

I think of Galileo Galilei who when he defended his Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems, published in 1632, he was tried by the Inquisition, found "vehemently suspect of heresy," forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest.

We now know that he was and is the, "father of modern observational astronomy." "Stephen Hawking says, "Galileo, perhaps more than any other single person, was responsible for the birth of modern science." In fact, the great physicists of our time do not rule out the possibilities that we possess such abilities. They state that so far it just cannot be proven, and anyone who claims they are 100% sure none of us have these abilities is very arrogant, (Carl Sagan, RIP). Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist says they have studied people with psychic abilities, and that those people MIGHT possibly be tapping into the 5th dimension.

I believe someday science will be able to show how and why some of us are more sensitive than others, and maybe even through this we can all learn to be more sensitive, and through this improve our lives on every level.

Keep in mind, as I write this, my intent is not to have you just believe what I say. I believe everyone should do their own research and experiments on their own. There are many people in these forums who could teach you a thing or two to be able to conduct your own experiments. In doing your own testing on yourself you may be surprised at what you find. All you have to do to start is ask one of us how to start!

As for the, "fake psychics," who claim to be able to see and do thing they cannot, well I think they do this for attention, money, fame, to feel special, important, etc.. They are the ones who make it look like magic, because I think a lot of them are using magic tricks. I do not appreciate people who do this. I feel they hurt people and push the truth farther down the rabbit hole.

As one spiritually grows, typically, we have our own strict code of ethics we follow, because we know things that the typical person is not yet AWARE of on a conscious level. We walk through this world with a great sense of responsibility, and in that is to help others, not to hurt others.

Being sensitive is a double edged sword. It is not an easy life, especially if one does not know how to control their abilities. Imagine walking into a crowded room and being flooded with sensory information from everyone in the room. It is much like when you walk out into the sunlight after being in a dark room for an extended period of time.

Think of all the cells in your body...always communicating with each other. We are so used to using words to communicate; even when we think - we think in words. We are continuing to find out new things about our brains! I recently read this article for my psychology class at school. I find it really interesting. http://www.dartmouth.edu/~news/releases/2006/02/06.html

I think you may be mistaking what scientists mean when they say "might".

Scientists NEVER rule something out, when wording things correctly anyway. I mean, it MIGHT be possible to walk through a wall, however statistically it's such a low chance as to be near impossible.

I'm not saying that that's what these people are saying in regards to psychics, I've not looked into their work so I can't really comment but I thought I should point that out.

I am making no mistake by using the word might. Personally, I think it is wonderful to be open to possibilities that we cannot yet comprehend. Just imagine, you go back 200 years, and you tell the people about cell phones, computers, jets, lasers, etc. What do you think their response would be?

Just because we do not know how to prove certain things, yet, does not mean they are not -real-.

Scientists NEVER rule something out, when wording things correctly anyway. I mean, it MIGHT be possible to walk through a wall, however statistically it's such a low chance as to be near impossible.

I'm not saying that that's what these people are saying in regards to psychics, I've not looked into their work so I can't really comment but I thought I should point that out.

What the eff are you talking about? Have you heard of the Laws of Physics? They are there because they are supposedly all-inclusive.

"The total energy in a closed system is always constant."

This is a law. It applies in every situation. It is as reliable as mathematics.

post-33019-010864100 1278599622_thumb.jp

I'm not really a believer in this whole "psychic phenomena" or whatever, but I always question that if I had the ability, would I take this challenge? I mean what would happen if I took this challenge and passed? The conspiracy theorist in me says if my ability was known to the entire world, who is to stop someone or some government from abducting me and performing who knows what type of experiment to discover how I am able to do what I can do? If that was the case of course you wouldn't see of these so-called psychics on TV if they were in fact real. But who knows...purely speculation of course :w00t:

The laws of attraction...

I cannot stand the book The Secret. That book hurt many people. There is a reason the laws of attraction were known only by few. It is a "level" to be reached. One cannot skip 20 levels and expect to be able to use the law of attraction to your own benefit.

If you were to develop your abilities, I can only assume with a certain degree of certainty, that along the way you would learn the REAL laws of attraction...and then you would not fear being taken away by men in black suits. =)

I'm not really a believer in this whole "psychic phenomena" or whatever, but I always question that if I had the ability, would I take this challenge? I mean what would happen if I took this challenge and passed? The conspiracy theorist in me says if my ability was known to the entire world, who is to stop someone or some government from abducting me and performing who knows what type of experiment to discover how I am able to do what I can do? If that was the case of course you wouldn't see of these so-called psychics on TV if they were in fact real. But who knows...purely speculation of course :w00t:

What the eff are you talking about? Have you heard of the Laws of Physics? They are there because they are supposedly all-inclusive.

"The total energy in a closed system is always constant."

This is a law. It applies in every situation. It is as reliable as mathematics.

Ok fair point, perhaps I misworded what I meant to say ^_^

What I meant is that scientists will say "oh it might be possible to poop out your ear" but in saying that they're not suggesting that there's much of a chance of it. Just that although so far there's been no evidence to even hint that it would be possible, data is still being collected.

I'm not particularly good at wording these things to be honest =/

So this is your apathetic response. Really, you crack me up. :w00t:

Hell, I even passionately through in Gallileo ... And you through in it might be possible to poop out of your ear. Nice.

Here is some great art for ya. Soak it up.

Humanity i love you

because you would rather black the boots of

success than enquire whose soul dangles from his

watch-chain which would be embarrassing for both

parties and because you

unflinchingly applaud all

songs containing the words country home and

mother when sung at the old howard

Humanity i love you because

when you're hard up you pawn your

intelligence to buy a drink and when

you're flush pride keeps

you from the pawn shops and

because you are continually committing

nuisances but more

especially in your own house

Humanity i love you because you

are perpetually putting the secret of

life in your pants and forgetting

it's there and sitting down

on it

and because you are

forever making poems in the lap

of death Humanity

i hate you

Edward Estlin Cummings

Ok fair point, perhaps I misworded what I meant to say ^_^

What I meant is that scientists will say "oh it might be possible to poop out your ear" but in saying that they're not suggesting that there's much of a chance of it. Just that although so far there's been no evidence to even hint that it would be possible, data is still being collected.

I'm not particularly good at wording these things to be honest =/

speeking of which, i do not know what my ablities are called but one time i did recieve a fortuine cookie that told me that all my good carma will pay off, and my husbands cookie told him that he would come into great wealth..both of our cookies had the same numbers on the back..now i knew these numbers were for something such as the lottery but i have never played before so i had no idea how to use these numbers to gain anything, I just knew that they were the key to some kind of wealth...that was a few months ago and I sill have not found a way to utlize the numbers. Maybe it is not ment to be my own personal gain, but it is misleading because of what the cookie suggested.

Are you suggesting that it's OK to con people as long as they're gullible?

Business wise, yeah sure, if they're willing to pay then fleece them, but ethically?

How far does this go? I could charge cancer patients for my "miracle cure" and insist that if they want it to work they shouldn't get medical treatment. Sure they might die due to the misinformation and lack of real treatment but it's their choice right?

Never saw this until now, obviously I do not think it is okay to con anyone in any aspect of their lives, love and the truth is very important to me. I am not saying any of this is right, and I think you very well know I do not think this way from my posts you have read before. At the same time, peopole do choose to go see these people, again not saying it is right or fair, but it is a choice. I also am not saying that their should not be repercussions for anyone who takes advantage of another human being, because their should be. IN point merely stating not all in the field do this as 'con' artists, as I've said before you have con artists in every field of life, this is no exception.

So Science is 100% accurate at all time? Once proven... science is never wrong? Every time science tests something and comes up with a answer... science is 100% correct? Seems to me... every time you turn around they come back with .. um wait .. more testing is needed or some other bull crap!

Testing of drugs... is always never correct... some kind of testing later on tells you um this drug can cause something or another to you. .. so you might want to wait or stop taking the drug.. bla bla.! And they still come out with new drugs all the time... scares the crap out me.

Then there's testing on transplants.. etc.. don't work 100% of the time..

Then there's evolution... exactly where did we come from... there's many scientific views on this? none of which have been proven?

Then there's news about new planets...etc.. oh wait its not a planet it's something else... !

I could go on and on... about scientific research into things.. that never is 100% right!

My point is ... exactly whom do you believe and for what reason should you believe? Just because its been tested? or because it's written and documented somewhere?

For me... it's because I lived it and went through it. Personal evidence is what I need!

but sorry this is about taking a million dollar testing.... that can prove 100% accurate that people don't have abilities?!!

Now I got to take my car to a dealer certified mechanic that say's he can fix my auto... for $$$$ !!! that, hasn't got it right yet! Or I could take it to another certified mechanic ... and another till it's working.. maybe?! But hey, they went to college and have knowledge that you can only learn from books..written..So I should trust them!

Point again whom can you trust?!! It's all about taking chances in life!

Oh I'm sure I forgot to dot my I's and cross my T's ...don't bother to correct me... I DON"T CARE

Have a super duper good day!

Char

Edited by charmcph33

So Science is 100% accurate at all time? Once proven... science is never wrong? Every time science tests something and comes up with a answer... science is 100% correct? Seems to me... every time you turn around they come back with .. um wait .. more testing is needed or some other bull crap!

Testing of drugs... is always never correct... some kind of testing later on tells you um this drug can cause something or another to you. .. so you might want to wait or stop taking the drug.. bla bla.! And they still come out with new drugs all the time... scares the crap out me.

Then there's evolution... exactly where did we come from... there's many scientific views on this? none of which have been proven?

Then there's news about new planets...etc.. oh wait its not a planet it's something else... !

I could go on and on... about scientific research into things.. that never is 100% right!

My point is ... exactly whom do you believe and for what reason should you believe? Just because its been tested? or because it's written and documented somewhere?

For me... it's because I lived it and went through it. Personal evidence is what I need!

but sorry this is about taking a million dollar testing.... that can prove 100% accurate that people don't have abilities?!!

Now I got to take my car to a dealer certified mechanic that say's he can fix my auto... for $$$$ !!! that, hasn't got it right yet! Or I could take it to another certified mechanic ... and another till it's working.. maybe?! But hey, they went to college and have knowledge that you can only learn from books..written..So I should trust them!

Point again whom can you trust?!! It's all about taking chances in life!

Oh I'm sure I forgot to dot my I's and cross my T's ...don't bother to correct me... I DON"T CARE

Have a super duper good day!

Char

Science is a process. A study of things. In science a scientist in Bolivia can test the DNA of a cat and come up with the same answer that a scientist in the US came up with. I'm not sure you're understanding how science works.

I take chances in life but I don't bet my life on something that doesn't exist or is the product of imagination.

Nibs

Psh, okay people...I love it all science..and imagination..why not have both, you should and we should embrace both. Estien was one of all people to respectfully understand the importance of imagination.

Psh, okay people...I love it all science..and imagination..why not have both, you should and we should embrace both. Estien was one of all people to respectfully understand the importance of imagination.

Hi Puri!

I embrace both. :) Science and imagination, dreams and actions.

But if I have to bet my life, my kids lives or well being/s on something I'll put my money on science.

(BTW - love the new profile photo. Pretty dress!! )

Nibs

Edited by HerNibs

Indeed Nibs, imagination is a wonderful thing but it has it's place. Imagine all you want, a pink sparkly unicorn isn't gonna come take down your temperature and fight an infection.

Has anyone taken up the challenge yet then? Other than excuses.

A lot have taken it up...Some funny ones there..No one here has.

Even if they do get someone who can, they'll make excuses for it or ignore it and say it never happened.

Even if they do get someone who can, they'll make excuses for it or ignore it and say it never happened.

do you have anything to even suggest that that might be true, or are you just blowing hot air?

• 3 weeks later...

do you have anything to even suggest that that might be true, or are you just blowing hot air?

hot-air-balloon.jpg

Every attempt that makes it through the screening and planning process has been well documented. Some even have been videotaped. The whole process is for all to see, and results always given on the site forum.

But there will always by people will say the person who beat the challenge have been hidden by the government or something similar.

All this sentence shows is that you have no idea what science actually is.

Science is the study of the universe around us. Unlike religion, science is improved with new discoveries. It progresses because people can update each others findings. This isn't a flaw in science, it is its main strength.

No scientist, or anyone interested in science, has ever said "science is 100% correct", because that is a completely meaningless sentence.

This isn't a failure of "science", it is more likely a failure of your local doctor and the medical industry at large.

Drugs are pushed through without proper balanced testing because the company wants to make a profit. Your doctor may not want to do his research to find out whether this drug has been fairly tested before prescribing it.

This is not the fault of "science" or "scientists". Its the fault of a capitalist system and lack of important information.

Nothing works "100% of the time". I really have idea what your argument is, and I don't think you do either.

Evolution is a fact. Just like gravity. How and why evolution works is what the theories are about, and we know much much much more about evolution than we do about gravity, yet you never doubt gravity exists do you?

Why can't you see that this is simply an issue with classification? We haven't discovered anything new about Pluto to suddenly make us realise its not a planet, we just think the classifications should be different.

But this is meaningless. When engineers build a nuclear power station, fission will take place inside it. Scientists know how fission works. In this respect they are 100% correct.

But we will always be finding out new things that improve our theories. For example, discoveries in quantum physics may change the way we understand how and why nuclear reactions happen the way they do.

This is why what you're claiming is completely meaningless. If you're sitting there waiting for the day every area of every part of science is "100% correct", you're going to be waiting a long time - science is never going to be finished.

You should believe someone who is more of an expert than you in a given area, especially if what they say is backed up by other findings made by other people, is repeatable by any lab around the world, and has evidence to back it up.

Well that's idiotic. Someone can believe they're Napoleon sent back by God to cleanse earth of dairy produce. Do you mean that what this person lives through (ie what he experiences) is more trustworthy than a scientific model that shows they are insane?

Again, meaningless. You can't prove someone can't do something (jump over a 10 storey building, say). You cannot prove a negative.

However, you can look at historical precedence and scientific knowledge. Has anyone ever jumped over a 10 storey building before? No. Is it physically possible? Not to our knowledge.

Then, it becomes the responsibility of the claimant to prove the claim. The people who say they have abilities are the ones that needs to prove that they can, it is not down to the people running the test to prove that they can't.

This is why offering $1m is such a good idea. So many people claim to have these "powers", and here is a chance for them to prove it, receive genuine life-changing financial rewards, and provide genuinely world-changing evidence of physic powers.

But no one has.

don't bother to correct me... I DON"T CARE

I can tell.

Edited by Emma_Acid

Standard 'conspiracy theory'-style guff.

Lack of evidence for something suddenly becomes evidence for it.

Ridiculous.