Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
over9millionyearsold

If you can prove your abilities...

103 posts in this topic

FlyingAngel

define "ability" ?

I heard there are people who can conduct high volt electricity or lighten a bulb with body energy. Does that count as ability?

Evo

The Randi Challenge is over with , done , not around anymore....

There are plenty of others though....

It is? When I went to their website, it seemed to be still going on, and it was update this June.

Johnny Truant

It is? When I went to their website, it seemed to be still going on, and it was update this June.

Meh, they put out a notice a while ago that it was going to end. I guess I missed the other notice where they changed their mind.

From the Wiki:

On January 4, 2008 it was announced that the prize would be discontinued on March 6, 2010 in order to free the money for other uses. In the meantime, claimants were welcome to vie for it. One of the reasons offered for its discontinuation is the unwillingness of higher-profile claimants to apply.[28] However, at The Amaz!ng Meeting 7, it was announced that the $1 Million Challenge prize would not expire in 2010. This was also confirmed in the July/August issue of Skeptical Inquirer, in which Randi is additionally quoted as saying: "It was going to terminate... but now it will continue." The Foundation issued a formal update on its website on July 30, 2009 announcing the Challenge's continuation, and stated more information would be provided at a later date on any possible changes to the requirements and procedures.[29]