Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

google earth oddities

chromefox

this has probably been talked bout on here before but i recently came upon the 2nd odd thing i found on google earth sky around sirius just wondering what your thoughts were =)

also just for giggles i asked google's tech support why theres this orange blob over sirius now waiting for the reply...wonder what they will say :rolleyes:

Edited by chromefox

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chromefox

• Evo

• Ryinrea

• nognome

Top Posters In This Topic

this has probably been talked bout on here before but i recently came upon the 2nd odd thing i found on google earth sky around sirius just wondering what your thoughts were =)

also just for giggles i asked google's tech support why theres this orange blob over sirius now waiting for the reply...wonder what they will say :rolleyes:

Can you give me a picture?

Can you post a screenshot please, and tell me how you often find this type of thing? Thank you :)

k update received word from there tech support hmmm...

Hi James,

Derek just responded to your question about *Google Earth*:

pic

The photo is of a third party satellite. I found this too, except before it was blocked.

- Derek B. M / Chapel Hill, NC

me smells bullllll*h** :angry2:

It seems to be a misalignment reflection, as there is a dark object emitting a blue light a little above the blob at about a 45 degree angle.

no offence evo please dont take it like that but how the hell is that a reflection i could do that in bog standard paint without any fancy techniques

and look up and right from the orange blob....

Edited by chromefox

LOL my three year old could do a better colouring-in job than that! That's pretty weird, and not a very believable reply back from Google I dare say either. :unsure2:

maybe we should all petition google for the real reason behind this and an answer as to what is behind the orange blob...hey ya never know

Interesting, but aren't really bright areas like Sirius masked or filtered for imaging, so not to overexpose the image and hence miss other dimmer stars?

It does my head in the way people try and jump to wild conclusions based on absolutely no facts.

Google Earth & Sky are programs where digital images are stiched together. There are always - always - going to be anomalies and patches missing. What answer do you want that you wouldn't find suspicious???

the only conclusion iv "jumped" to is that i really do think they are covering something up there for what reason i dont know and i am so sorry if im doing your head in , in saying so

also just editing to say i really dunno what it is they could be hiding either

Edited by chromefox

Its a star ..... crikey if I here a Nibiru quote I will! .... Well anyway its obviously a star the 2 lines (one going through it horizontally and the one vertically) is the effect the aligning bars for a mirror have on a telescope .... common knowledge Its a star with a really poor job of making it looked blocked out.

My new saying - "Its a hoax folks!"

ME

Have you tried any other sky maps, or tried pulling up the area with NASA or JAXA images?

It does my head in the way people try and jump to wild conclusions based on absolutely no facts.

Google Earth & Sky are programs where digital images are stiched together. There are always - always - going to be anomalies and patches missing. What answer do you want that you wouldn't find suspicious???

if it does your head in,save your intelligence for another post :tu:

k update received word from there tech support hmmm...

Hi James,

Derek just responded to your question about *Google Earth*:

pic

The photo is of a third party satellite. I found this too, except before it was blocked.

- Derek B. M / Chapel Hill, NC

me smells bullllll*h** :angry2:

Why are you guys still debating what the blob is? Google Tech support wrote him back with the answer. Not a reflection, not an anomaly, not filtered for imaging. It's a 3rd party satellite (3rd party meaning, not Google's property). Something, for whatever legal reason, Google can't show.

*edit* - Oops, read the post better. That was a random person replying to his post, not Google officially. Nevertheless, sounds the likely situation.

Edited by Jerry Only

Argleton anybody?its a phantom town alongside the A59 major road in Lancashire and just south of Ormskirk.

Weird stuff sometimes gets caught on Google Maps, most of it is lens distortion in the satellites or other mundanities, that doesn't make it any less fun to look at though, at least not for me.

Besides, what's cooler than a big brain in the middle of the ocean?

• 2 weeks later...

That's messed! :wacko: