Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Van der Sloot a serial killer?

Lilly

The young man implicated in the notorious disappearance of Natalie Holloway (in Aruba 5 years ago) has been arrested for yet another murder see link to article.

So, is Mr. Van der Sloot a serial killer or just being targeted?

I say yes with another girl murdered. Though the first one has yet to be found. I just don't know. I never trusted him since I first heard of him. >.> Sicko.

Thats a very good possibility Lilly, Sure makes a person wonder how many times he has done this and gotten away with it, I dont believe for a minute that he is being targeted, Time will tell for sure, I wonder what the penalty is for murder in Peru?

You have to question why a person would travel from the Netherlands to some far off country and then two women are the last to see him alive if he wasn't a serial killer who has killed many women in far off countries and only got caught twice.

First thing I would do is investigate what countries he has traveled to and any murders or disappearances that occurred nearby. You have to single out people who may be serial killers, it's much better than not scrutinizing them.

Edited by Fernand0

If he is, then it's possible he's escalated to the point where he really doesn't care if he gets caught OR, is so narcisistic that he thinks he'll get away with it no matter how careless. That's the scary part.

I'm actually surprised--after Aruba--that any country would grant him a visa. A visa can be denied for any reason or no reason...

This time it sounds like there's a good case. I agree his actions over the last five years need to be closely examined. This guy probably never stopped. I don't see why he wasn't charged in the Netherlands for the sex trade thing. His personality is shining through.

they obviously have good reason to have him as a suspect in both cases............

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/05/peru.murder.case/index.html?hpt=P1&iref=NS1

He was also facing charges in Alabama for trying to shake down the Holloway's for money in return for telling them where Natilie's body was and the cirumstances of her death. They apparently wired him 15k of 250k he asked for. He is a total scumbag.

Well, obviously Mr. Van der Sloot is a 'scum ball', but could he also be involved in more than one murder...perhaps even more than two?

Well, obviously Mr. Van der Sloot is a 'scum ball', but could he also be involved in more than one murder...perhaps even more than two?

Certainly he is some one that should be investigated further and the places he has traveled to checked for women who have disappeared or have been found murdered at the time he was in the same city. Any punk that preys on women or children should be treated harshly with the harshest harshness. Edited by Fernand0

I think Van Sloot was caught in the act when he checked in the same hotel room he and the victim were together in. That figures...a serial killer with a shady past and was on the run. About 2 years ago, Joran Van Sloot was in a taxi in Amsterdam, Netherlands when he confessed to an undercover reporter about the Holloway murder and how her body was most likely thrown into the sea. I hope this man gets the punishment he deserves.

What I'm wondering is has Mr. Van der Sloot been involved in any other murders during the time period between Miss Holloway's disappearance and Miss Flores being killed? There are 3 to 4 years where he was on the loose doing 'whatever'. I hope Interpol is looking into any unsolved murders/disappearances in the areas that coincide with Mr. Van der Sloots presence.

There's a video out that shows Sloot entering the hotel room with the women and the exiting the hotel room hours later without the women and in different clothes.

Pretty cut and dry case.

There's a video out that shows Sloot entering the hotel room with the women and the exiting the hotel room hours later without the women and in different clothes.

Pretty cut and dry case.

Interestingly enough the only place they had the video was on AOL and now the video is no longer there...

I saw it though.

Does he have a job, or does he just travel around the world killing people? How does he have the money for this?

I saw this video as well...probably pulled because it's now evidence in a murder case.

I still wonder if there aren't more victims. As for his job, he's supposedly a professional poker player. :rolleyes: (ie, probaly lives on his late father's money).

• Like 1

If criminal psychologists get an accurate profile of Van der Sloot (I got his name, LOL...it's Dutch) :wacko:, they could look at Drew Peterson and O.J. Simpson, maybe to reopen the cases. Peterson when his 3rd and 4th wifes turned up dead in his presence, and Simpson whom repeatedly made an alibi over his ex-wife Nicole Brown's murder after an abusive marriage with him. Van der Sloot is just a drifter roaming the world in search of women to manipulate and kill, then play a game of innocence and jump from one country to the next to avoid justice. He doesn't know the South American countries are dead serious about law and order, and now the debate over Aruba and the Netherlands' justice system is "too soft".

For me it has never been an issue of "if" as much as when. I was rather excited when he was arrested this passed May in Peru. I wonder if he was trying to relive some thing with this last murder. But I have a lot of problems with the Aruba case, unfortunately. I hope this time he gets what is coming to him

I saw this video as well...probably pulled because it's now evidence in a murder case.

I still wonder if there aren't more victims. As for his job, he's supposedly a professional poker player. :rolleyes: (ie, probaly lives on his late father's money).

I was under the impression that he was just a little rich boy living off of dad's money. I didn't know his dad had passed, as I remember he was a judge in Aruba, right? What were the circumstances of the father's death?

During the Natalie Holloway investigation I thought he was probably guilty of something but I assumed that he had simply abandoned her after she began to (accidentally) o.d.

Now he's looking like a real psychopath. I can't imagine that anyone would go so far in setting him up as to bludgeon an innocent girl. Did he check into the hotel where this second girl was killed under his real name?

I wonder why the Holloway family didn't report the shake down Van der Sloot attempted to the police when it happened.

I was under the impression that he was just a little rich boy living off of dad's money. I didn't know his dad had passed, as I remember he was a judge in Aruba, right? What were the circumstances of the father's death?

Heart attack. Actually, sudden death from cardiac arrest is not uncommon after age 55 (especially for men).

I highly suspect Joran benefited financially from his father's passing. It's pretty obvious that he's a psychopath. Hopefully, he only killed twice.

The Purevian (sp?) authorities say that he might have killed a second girl in their country.

That is all I know. I saw it on Fox News and they had text up saying that. :/ Greeeaat.

Forgive me if I offend anyone, I don't mean to. But I've had serious issues with the Holloway case from the get go.

In the US it is illegal to drink if you are under the age of 21. Underage drinking is a huge problem in the states. Generally if something like that happened in the states the parents would be held accountable for their daughter to some degree. I'm not saying that her parents dont feel guilty, as I'm sure the do. But I have never heard anyone ask " Why did you allow your daughter to go out of the country to engage in what the US considers to be illegal behavior?"

Her parents had to know they were going to Aruba to have a "good time." They must have approved to some degree that it was OK for their under-aged daughter to leave the country and participate in things that she would not be able to legally do in the states. Honestly, it seems to me like the whole purpose for such a trip. The class could have gone to any beach in America, aNd had just as good of a time, with out the "bar scene." At that age, the idea of being able to particiapate in activity that they are deemed too young for seems very tempting. What other reason would they go to such a place?

I understand they media tried to focus on the tragedy of the situation, but no one ever said, "what in your right mind made you think it was ok for you daughter to do something like that?"

Sorry, I know its a touchy subject. But I believe that if she had just gone to a graduation party and got drunk and murdered, the parents would have gotten hell for it.