Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

List of Goods Banned in Gaza

Rosewin

What BS. Israel simply bans those things from getting into the hands of Hamas. They allow known international organizations to give those goods to the local population. The only things banned completely are materials who can be used to create home made explosives or chemical weapons, and construction materials to fall straight into the hands of Hamas, because Hamas uses those materials to construct weapons smuggling tunnels.

Rubbish, these goods are banned from entering Gaza at the checkpoints - even recognised AID agencies are not permitted to send in these "banned" items.

Nuts and fresh meat used to construct tunnels? w00t.gif Do you even realise how silly your contra - assertions are???

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moon Monkey

• preacherman76

• susieice

• danielost

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I know it probably wont stick with anyone here, but I think this conversation would be better debated with a sence of understanding, rather than insults. Truth has a hard time rising to the top of anger. Yes cause of other threads, that makes me a hypocrit. But this is a real touchy subject.

Ahh who am I kidding, have at it. Im bowing out before it gets to ugly.

Do you mean a "normal autonomous region without being starved and humiliated by Israel"? Fine, I think that is all anyone is asking for .

Yes thats exactly what I mean..fed and watered by Egypt or the UN or the EU or Iran...whoever, just with no connection with or reliance upon Israel whatsoever.

Yes thats exactly what I mean..fed and watered by Egypt or the UN or the EU or Iran...whoever, just with no connection with or reliance upon Israel whatsoever.

and no attacking isreal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8654337.stm

It is almost like a science of how to make a population miserable without killing them. Tis certain one day social scientist will adapt a term for it.

Here is a partial list of items that Israel still denies the population of Gaza:

• sage
  • cardamom
  • cumin
  • coriander
  • ginger
  • jam
  • halva
  • vinegar
  • nutmeg
  • chocolate
  • fruit preserves
  • seeds and nuts
  • biscuits and sweets
  • potato chips
  • gas for soft drinks
  • dried fruit
  • fresh meat
  • plaster
  • tar
  • wood for construction
  • cement
  • iron
  • glucose
  • industrial salt
  • plastic/glass/metal containers
  • industrial margarine
  • tarpaulin sheets for huts
  • fabric (for clothing)
  • flavor and smell enhancers
  • fishing rods
  • various fishing nets
  • buoys
  • ropes for fishing
  • nylon nets for greenhouses
  • hatcheries and spare parts for hatcheries
  • spare parts for tractors
  • dairies for cowsheds
  • irrigation pipe systems
  • ropes to tie greenhouses
  • planters for saplings
  • heaters for chicken farms
  • musical instruments
  • size A4 paper
  • writing implements
  • notebooks
  • newspapers
  • toys
  • razors
  • sewing machines and spare parts
  • heaters
  • horses
  • donkeys
  • goats
  • cattle
  • chicks

http://imeu.net/news/article0019136.shtml

These are items which have only recently been allowed and the date they were allowed but which the people of Gaza have had to do without for a good while.

• In the 1st half 2009 the following was finally allowed in
  • wheat
  • animal feed
  • flour
  • cooking oil
  • cooking fat
  • sugar
  • salt
  • pasta
  • dates
  • garlic
  • chick peas
  • rice
  • beans
  • lentils
  • kidney beans
  • margarine
  • dairy products
  • powdered milk
  • frozen meat and fish
  • frozen vegetables
  • animal medicines
  • gas for medical use
  • empty bags for flour
  • medicines and medical equipment
  • female hygiene products
  • nappies (diapers)
  • toilet paper
  • detergent
  • washing liquid
  • shampoo
  • soap
  • toothpaste
  • toothbrushes
  • cleaning products for tiles
  • cleaning products for glass
  • toilet-cleaner
  • yeast
  • fertilised eggs
  • fruit
  • semolina
    In June 2009 the following was finally allowed in
  • polythene for greenhouses
  • agricultural materials
    In October 2009 the following was finally allowed in
  • tea
  • coffee
    In November 2009 the following was finally allowed in
  • instant coffee
  • canned tuna
  • salami
  • canned meat
  • washing-up sponges
  • bath sponges
  • cloths for mopping the floor
  • baby wipes
  • other canned goods, with the exception of tinned fruit
  • zaatar (dried herb mix)
  • sesame seeds
  • black pepper
  • chicken stock powder
  • blankets
    In December 2009 the following was finally allowed in
  • olives
  • matches
  • candles
  • sticks for brooms
  • rubbish bins
  • mops
  • hand-cleansing gel
  • aniseed
  • cinnamon
  • camomile
  • unfertilised eggs
  • glass (to a maximum of 200 trucks)
  • water-dispensers
  • potatoes
    In February 2010 the following was finally allowed in
  • mineral water
    In March 2010 the following was finally allowed in
  • tahini (sesame paste)
  • combs
  • hair brushes
  • clothes
  • shoes
    In April 2010 the following was finally allowed in
  • wood (for doorposts and window frames)
  • aluminium
  • kitchenware

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/30_04_10_gaza.pdf

didnt i read some place on here that hamas was now strapping bombs to donkeys, if so why couldnt they do the same to cows or other large livestock. almost all of the cleaning supplies can either be made into an explosive, or a chemical weapon. the powder stuff can be made into an explosive, dont believe ask the owners of grain silos.

Yes they tried to blow a hole in the border last week with 250 kg of explosives on a donkey.

Anyhow, back on topic, the more I look at that list of goods that have been allowed in since the middle of 2009 (neglecting the stuff that was already allowed through before then) the more I think there are many, many non-refugees around the world who would be happy to get their hands of a fraction of that selection...never mind the refugees in Darfur and the like.

As long as Israel controls their airspace and territorial water they are going to have a connection and reliance upon Israel because that is the definition of occupation.

As long as Israel controls their airspace and territorial water they are going to have a connection and reliance upon Israel because that is the definition of occupation.

They can get everything they need through Egypt, Egypt has airspace and territorial waters right next door. What do they get from Israel right now that cannot be provided by an alternate route ? And possibly more of what they want and need than they currently receive.

When a period of calm, without Hamas attacks, has passed then they can start talking about removing the need to protect the sea and air routes into Gaza, first under UN control and finally, one day, as a sovereign state.

Edited by Moon Monkey

It doesn't matter. It's all Israel's fault so Israel has to supply the aid!

/sarcasm

Edited by Agent X

didnt i read some place on here that hamas was now strapping bombs to donkeys, if so why couldnt they do the same to cows or other large livestock. almost all of the cleaning supplies can either be made into an explosive, or a chemical weapon. the powder stuff can be made into an explosive, dont believe ask the owners of grain silos.

These posts are getting ridiculous. Tying bombs to donkeys? Where are you getting things like this from.

This right-wing rhetoric only has one purpose and that is to enflame a fews emotions. Three years is long enough to hold a country under a blockade, and if these things are being denied to the Palestinian people, then I no longer doubt how serious their situation must be by now. The US fights a war on terrorists every day in Iraq and Afganistan and we do not do things like this to the civilian population. Our soldiers would be offended by any remark saying they do. If we did there would be such a cry of outrage, this would look puny.

How much longer can we stand back and keep denying these people the right to the basic needs of life?

These posts are getting ridiculous. Tying bombs to donkeys? Where are you getting things like this from.

Donkey bombs have long been used by Hezbollah but anyway, I take it you can use a search engine:

Keywords: donkey bomb gaza may 2010

If I just gave you a source you would find something wrong with it, so take your pick.

Just for good measure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_animal_bomb_attacks

And the old classic:

Edited by Moon Monkey

How much longer can we stand back and keep denying these people the right to the basic needs of life?
\

I don't know? When will they stop trying to kill off Israeli civilians and acknowledge Israel's right to exist?

Israel never started this conflict. These people believe that Israel has no right to exist and that every civilian, every man, woman, and child, are valid targets because they're nothing more than dirty rotten Jews who are in occupation of Islamic Holy lands.

So why should they be allowed basic human rights and aid when they're the ones who're denying people the basic human right to live?

Everybody always ignores that side of the equation and always puts the blame on Israel.

And the majority of it is because of antisemitism.

\

I don't know? When will they stop trying to kill off Israeli civilians and acknowledge Israel's right to exist?

Israel never started this conflict. These people believe that Israel has no right to exist and that every civilian, every man, woman, and child, are valid targets because they're nothing more than dirty rotten Jews who are in occupation of Islamic Holy lands.

So why should they be allowed basic human rights and aid when they're the ones who're denying people the basic human right to live?

Everybody always ignores that side of the equation and always puts the blame on Israel.

And the majority of it is because of antisemitism.

I am not antisemetic and I have good friends that will tell you so. Nor do I think Israel should not have a right to exist or be allowed to defend itself. This blockade has been in place for three years and if the Hamas are bombing and shooting rockets every day like it's being claimed, then the blockade has not worked, aside from who we may wish to put the blame on. I think every civilian in this conflict is being used as a valid target for suffering. This isn't a war of existence. This is a war of attrition that non-combatant civilians are bearing the brunt for.

Donkey bombs have long been used by Hezbollah but anyway, I take it you can use a search engine:

Keywords: donkey bomb gaza may 2010

If I just gave you a source you would find something wrong with it, so take your pick.

Just for good measure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_animal_bomb_attacks

And the old classic:

Sounds like quite an arsenal. So why is this conflict going on and on?

Sounds like quite an arsenal. So why is this conflict going on and on?

So you agree the original post wasn't ridiculous ?

As for the conflict going on and on....Israel cannot wage full out conventional war against the terrorists as we saw last January. Too many civillians get killed and the inetrnational outcry gets too loud. If all non-combatants were allowed to leave the war zone it would all be over in days...but the terrorists aren't going to allow that, thats their main defense...so on and on we go.

Edited by Moon Monkey

So you agree the original post wasn't ridiculous ?

As for the conflict going on and on....Israel cannot wage full out conventional war against the terrorists as we saw last January. Too many civillians get killed and the inetrnational outcry gets too loud. If all non-combatants were allowed to leave the war zone it would all be over in days...but the terrorists aren't going to allow that, thats their main defense...so on and on we go.

yes they are, they're called human shields. hussian tried that in the first gulf were. with believe it or not war protesters that went there to be used as shields to protect people but saddam put them near bunkers and other military assets. it didnt work. in fact if i remember right we dropped a bomb on one of his bunkers blew the bunker and didnt even mess up the hair of the human shields. i could be wrong, but i dont think so.

yes they are, they're called human shields. hussian tried that in the first gulf were. with believe it or not war protesters that went there to be used as shields to protect people but saddam put them near bunkers and other military assets. it didnt work. in fact if i remember right we dropped a bomb on one of his bunkers blew the bunker and didnt even mess up the hair of the human shields. i could be wrong, but i dont think so.

Has the US provided Israel with the means to pinpoint specific targets and strike without a lot of civilian casualties? Danielost is right here. As I recall, there was a lot of outcry for a long time after we went into Iraq, the second time. Public outcry is at a peak already in this case.

Has the US provided Israel with the means to pinpoint specific targets and strike without a lot of civilian casualties? Danielost is right here. As I recall, there was a lot of outcry for a long time after we went into Iraq, the second time. Public outcry is at a peak already in this case.

the problem with hamas and helsbolla is that they are using people to protect themselves not bunkers, so pinpoint weapons wont work. hard to hit the person standing behind another person,

the problem with hamas and helsbolla is that they are using people to protect themselves not bunkers, so pinpoint weapons wont work. hard to hit the person standing behind another person,

No but they have to have meeting places and arsenals where they store all these rockets they're supposed to have that you can. Of course there will still be some there, but that's when you have to go and take them out. With the events of the last few days, it may be very hard to keep holding this situation in a stalemate.

No but they have to have meeting places and arsenals where they store all these rockets they're supposed to have that you can. Of course there will still be some there, but that's when you have to go and take them out. With the events of the last few days, it may be very hard to keep holding this situation in a stalemate.

Jesus, they do that all the time....do you pay any attention to what goes on there other then when there is one of these 'peak international interest' moments ?

Jesus, they do that all the time....do you pay any attention to what goes on there other then when there is one of these 'peak international interest' moments ?

No, not really. I work a 12 hr. a day full-time job. I just happened to have my holiday off and was in the forums when this incident occurred. I'll be honest with ya.

Some of us do pay attention. The insistence that one sides consistently uses human shields is a fabrication.

Let us discuss the war crimes during the offensive where Israel bulldozed buildings with civilians in them, Israel knew what it was doing. Or we can discuss Israel themselves using human shields, yes they have.

The Guardian has compiled 3 videos[27] and testimony from civilians of alleged war crimes committed by Israeli soldiers during the Gaza war, including the use of Palestinian children as human shields, the targeting of medics and hospitals, and drone aircraft firing on civilians deliberately.[28] Three teenage brothers from the al-Attar family have claimed that "they were taken from their home at gunpoint, made to kneel in front of tanks to deter Hamas fighters from firing at them and sent by Israeli soldiers into Palestinian houses to clear them".[28]
However, in a report on the Gaza conflict,[29] released July 2, 2009, Amnesty International wrote that Israel did use human shields in Gaza. Amnesty claimed to have found cases in which "Israeli troops forced Palestinians to stay in one room of their home while turning the rest of the house into a base and sniper position, effectively using the families, both adults and children, as human shields and putting them at risk. The report also criticized Hamas for human rights violations, but "found no evidence Palestinian fighters directed civilians to shield military objectives from attacks, forced them to stay in buildings used by militants, or prevented them from leaving commandeered buildings."[30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_shields#2009_Gaza_War

And of course Israel lies and will claim otherwise.

America has provided Israel with bomber jets. While Israel claims they are for self-defense, in case another nation wishes to have an air conflict with them, in fact Israel has mainly used them as air-to ground attacks on civilian targets. Ya, they know what they are doing again. We can see clearly they wish to harm controlled damage to a whole population with this being just one more example. The evidence is overwhelming and quite depressing to review.

When a period of calm, without Hamas attacks, has passed then they can start talking about removing the need to protect the sea and air routes into Gaza, first under UN control and finally, one day, as a sovereign state.

Israel is the main aggressor and is already being held accountable to that role. Some might not approve but it is already happening and their will be consequences. I have been paying attention to this conflict for years and just waiting for Israel to be placed in check.

The side with the superior weapons which has thus far taken the lives of more civilians, Israel, will be held responsible to the greatest degree. While Hamas has great fault in this, they have inferior weapons, while some say their goal is to harm civilians, Israel has actually taken the lives of more. The facts speak for themselves. Amnesty International for example is quite more credible than Israel is when it comes to revealing who is harming who. That many NGOs, charity organizations, and even the UN has found more fault with Israel, while Israel still denies, shows their true colors. All regimes of hate lie when exposed.

When this is all settled there will be a few members of Hama who will be tried for war crimes. There will just be many more Israelis being tried for the same thing as well.

Edited by Rosewin

They can get everything they need through Egypt, Egypt has airspace and territorial waters right next door. What do they get from Israel right now that cannot be provided by an alternate route ? And possibly more of what they want and need than they currently receive.

What does getting anything through Egypt have to do with the fact that their airspace and territorial waters are controlled by Israel? They are reliant on Israel because Israel is occupying Gaza.

What does getting anything through Egypt have to do with the fact that their airspace and territorial waters are controlled by Israel? They are reliant on Israel because Israel is occupying Gaza.

Israel is no longer occupying Gaza, and they're not (or, they shouldn't be) reliant on Israel because, as Moon Monkey pointed out, Gaza shares a border with Egypt.

Edited by Pseudo Intellectual

So lets blame Egypt for everything that's wrong in the middle east. I'm tired of it being the US.