Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Turkish PM to sail to Gaza

Moon Monkey

Reports or rumours in the israeli media that the turkish PM is to be part of a flotilla that will sail to Gaza under turkish naval protection. Nothing substantiated yet but if true this could all go a little wild. Hold on to your hats.

Sky TV's man in Jerusalem just reported it as well.

Heres the first link i came across:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/turkish-pm-mulls-joining-gaza-aid-flotilla-backed-by-turkish-navy/story-e6frf7lf-1225875975866

Also talk of a boat from Beirut joining in.

Edited by Moon Monkey

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosewin

• Moon Monkey

• danielost

• MARAB0D

Reports or rumours in the israeli media that the turkish PM is to be part of a flotilla that will sail to Gaza under turkish naval protection. Nothing substantiated yet but if true this could all go a little wild. Hold on to your hats.

Sky TV's man in Jerusalem just reported it as well.

Heres the first link i came across:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/turkish-pm-mulls-joining-gaza-aid-flotilla-backed-by-turkish-navy/story-e6frf7lf-1225875975866

Also talk of a boat from Beirut joining in.

if he does, isreal should stop and board his boat. true this will lead to war, but that is what the turks are looking for or to make isreal look weak by not stopping is boat. oh and as far as nato is concerned, it is a defense treaty doesnt cover if you are the agresser and in this case turkey is that.

Why can't the turkish PM go to Isreal, and enter Gaza through proper official conduct.

Instead of jumping on the bandwagon of 'Bad Isreal' week.

Why can't the turkish PM go to Isreal, and enter Gaza through proper official conduct.

Instead of jumping on the bandwagon of 'Bad Isreal' week.

Week? How about....

Oh god. This can't end well.

Stupid antisemites.

I wonder what kind of boat the PM will be in. A passenger vessel or a war ship? As was said I don't think this is a good idea either.

Personally I don't see it happenning. He is a politician, he will try and get some form of negotiated deal with the israelis to allow him to keep face and help turkish-israeli relations out a bit, he still wants those drones and the training his troops are getting. If it does happen and he does send a flotilla with naval accompaniment I highly doubt he will be within a 1000 miles when they try to break the blockade.

what is it play time or something? why am i seeing stories of boats sailing towards Israel>? - after what's just happened, what point are they trying to prove, Israel should make a point and sink the lot.

Week? How about....

Rofl, you know what I mean. With the media centred around Isreal's blockade of Gaza this passed week.

what is it play time or something? why am i seeing stories of boats sailing towards Israel>? - after what's just happened, what point are they trying to prove, Israel should make a point and sink the lot.

That's precisely the point. They want Israel to do something like that to unite the Arabian world against Israel.

BAsically it's the same thing Saddam tried with the original Gulf War.

Not a good idea at all but I don't see these ship forays ending anytime soon. They may escalate.

That's precisely the point. They want Israel to do something like that to unite the Arabian world against Israel.

BAsically it's the same thing Saddam tried with the original Gulf War.

You mean Ireland, Greece, Cyprus......want to unite Arabs? Interesting thought.

See, here's the big question, if it was truly about aid to Gaza why wouldn't they cooperate with the Israelis and put in to the port the Israelis want them to put in?

You see, this is why I just can not believe it's about getting aid to the Gazans, it's about provoking Israel and escalating the situation.

Also don't forget, that for some reason, it's only Israel's responsibility to give the Gazans aid, and not anybody else.

You mean Ireland, Greece, Cyprus......want to unite Arabs? Interesting thought.

Greece and Cypress I don't know about, Ireland has said it will cooperate with Israel and send their boats to the port that Israel wants them to put in but it was the boat itself that decided to challenge the blockade.

Turkey is largely Muslim I believe, and many many many Muslims around the world hate Jews and want to see an end to Israel.

The world is finally beginning to say "no" to Israel's rampant, unrestrained, USA backed terrorism...

It WILL end badly, but sometimes it is necessary to remove a greater threat to the world as a whole. If the Turkish PM is really going to do this, and is turned back or forcibly restrained then Israel will bring down a world of pain unto itself, by itself, and for totally ignoring the rest of the world.

Regime change in Israel would not be a bad thing at all, but the current incumbents that appear to hate any non-sephardic jews as much as Arabs will have nowhere to turn to.

I do not pray, I hold no religious views at all, I just hope that the Israeli Govt moves aside and doesnt reign down genocide on its own population.

Edited by keithisco

See, here's the big question, if it was truly about aid to Gaza why wouldn't they cooperate with the Israelis and put in to the port the Israelis want them to put in?

You see, this is why I just can not believe it's about getting aid to the Gazans, it's about provoking Israel and escalating the situation.

Also don't forget, that for some reason, it's only Israel's responsibility to give the Gazans aid, and not anybody else.

Gaza is an occupied territory under the terms of the Geneva Convention, therefore it IS their responsibility to provide aid...However, almost ALL aid comes from outside the territory, not from Israel.

But if the countries who oppose the blockade truly wanted to give the Gazans aid they should cooperate with Israel and put into the port of Ashdod.

BUT.....

Hamas is blocking the flotilla aid...

And the world doesn't complain about that!

:angry2:

You know, I'd like to see a link to the specific section of the Geneva code that says that. I get the sneaking suspicion that using the claim of "OMFG it violates the Geneva Convention" is much like people claiming "OMFG the new AZ laws are illegal and racist!".

Edited by Agent X

But if the countries who oppose the blockade truly wanted to give the Gazans aid they should cooperate with Israel and put into the port of Ashdod.

BUT.....

angry.gif

You know, I'd like to see a link to the specific section of the Geneva code that says that. I get the sneaking suspicion that using the claim of "OMFG it violates the Geneva Convention" is much like people claiming "OMFG the new AZ laws are illegal and racist!".

At best Israel only ever allows 25% of the aid sent to get through, the rest it keeps for itself. For your information I never use "OMFG" in ANY debate - it is childish, irrelevant, and shows a complete lack of debating etiquette. Clearly not something that concerns you however.

The world is finally beginning to say "no" to Israel's rampant, unrestrained, USA backed terrorism...

It WILL end badly, but sometimes it is necessary to remove a greater threat to the world as a whole. If the Turkish PM is really going to do this, and is turned back or forcibly restrained then Israel will bring down a world of pain unto itself, by itself, and for totally ignoring the rest of the world.

Regime change in Israel would not be a bad thing at all, but the current incumbents that appear to hate any non-sephardic jews as much as Arabs will have nowhere to turn to.

I do not pray, I hold no religious views at all, I just hope that the Israeli Govt moves aside and doesnt reign down genocide on its own population.

An excellent post but it is likely some of the finer parts will be lost to some. Your assessment that Israel might indeed further turn on its own is accurate and timely. Domestic opposition to the raid within Israel might not be fully vocalized yet either but the raid of the Marmara is being described as a disaster within the Israeli media itself. Of course the media shapes opinion and the common Israeli is going to rethink their governments failing strategies not just in this but in the government's overall approach to their neighbors and their own in general.

Naturally there has been a storm of coverage in Israel of the Israeli naval commandos' version of riot control. "A failure any way you slice it," said Haaretz columnist Reuven Pedatzur of the operation, ticking through a litany of poor intelligence, poor planning and poor choices by Israeli military. Gaza is being described as Israel's Vietnam and in an editorial today, the Israeli newspaper Haaretz is already calling for heads to roll in the Netanyahu government:

http://www.americamagazine.org/blog/entry.cfm?entry_id=2951

Social change is good and necessary at times.

Edited by Rosewin

you dont get it do you, the arabs dont want isreal to not exist, they dont want the jews to exist. there is genocide going on but it is the arabs doing it. the only thing stopping them is the tech. lvl difference between them and isreal. which iran is about to close, yes i know they are not arabs, but they are ancient enemies of the isrealites.

At best Israel only ever allows 25% of the aid sent to get through, the rest it keeps for itself. For your information I never use "OMFG" in ANY debate - it is childish, irrelevant, and shows a complete lack of debating etiquette. Clearly not something that concerns you however.

yesterdatm you said it was 50% make up your mind and no i am not going to look through 10 threads to find it to quote it.

yesterdatm you said it was 50% make up your mind and no i am not going to look through 10 threads to find it to quote it.

You are wrong.... argue from facts not from some apologists viewpointsleepy.gif

Israel's strategy of continually representing itself as the victim is passé. No one is believing that the aid flotilla was a threat to Israel except the Israeli government. No one is seeing that blockade on the Gazas as being about Israeli's security but instead of their intent to cause harm on the civilian population of Gaza.

BUT.....

:angry2:

http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/full/470?opendocument

Article 51 begins talking about civilians in zones of conflict, but you should look closely at Article 69 on.

For people who may not trust the Israelis, maybe this is the best way to get our attention.

Edited by susieice

For your information I never use "OMFG" in ANY debate - it is childish, irrelevant, and shows a complete lack of debating etiquette. Clearly not something that concerns you however.

Well if you don't like it, ignore me. When somethings stupid, it's stupid and must be treated in such a manner. Such as when people wrongly use rhetorical nonsense and fake anger such as the proclaiming of some things racist and illegal when they are nothing of the sort. Because that sort of thing is childish too and putting it that way brings it into perspective.

And you're right, I'm not concerned about such things. I don't give a damn if you consider it childish or not. Stop pigeonholing me and allow me to express myself in my own way. Trying to limit the way one expresses themselves is the true childish behavior as well as arrogant and elitist. There's always gotta be some retard who gets frustrated in this manner. "OMFG he's not discussing things the way I want him to. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH".

And I want to see a link to that claim of only "25% is getting through".

Because some of that aid is on the verboten list as found in this thread:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183495

Which is found in this article from that thread:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8654337.stm

Edited by Agent X