Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trail Camera Pictures

Sakari

2nd pic.......post-92206-032232200 1279929612_thumb.jp

hey i wish it was a scheduled post from you on this thread because i dont want to miss any pictures by trying to keep up with it on my own, if you had certain days that you post new pics would be easier to keep up with... keep em coming :tu:

hey i wish it was a scheduled post from you on this thread because i dont want to miss any pictures by trying to keep up with it on my own, if you had certain days that you post new pics would be easier to keep up with... keep em coming :tu:

I will try to keep it to Saturdays thumbsup.gif

I hope others start posting....

I will try to keep it to Saturdays thumbsup.gif

I hope others start posting....

i promise i will as soon as i get my hands on a trail cam... unfortuantely its not the highest priority for me right now... but yeah i wish others would post them... idk y we havent had a thread like this before ??

p.s. roger on saturdays!

Sakari,

I am an avid follower of this thread and enjoy seeing your trail cam photos. Unfortunately I don't own a trail-cam or a piece of property that I could safely put one up without fear of bigfoot or someone else walking away with it.

Because I spend a lot of time hiking and fishing in the wilds of Utah I thought maybe I could call myself a walking trail cam and post some of the photos of wildlife I see while hiking.

This way other members whom don't or cant own trail cams can participate.

Here is a moose I saw yesterday while hiking/fishing in the high back country of the Wasatch Mountains near my home.

post-41803-008998900 1280078988_thumb.jp

Let me know what you think about this idea. If you don't like it I will have the mods remove this with no hard feelings.

Edited by evancj
  • Like 1

Sakari,

I am an avid follower of this thread and enjoy seeing your trail cam photos. Unfortunately I don't own a trail-cam or a piece of property that I could safely put one up without fear of bigfoot or someone else walking away with it.

Because I spend a lot of time hiking and fishing in the wilds of Utah I thought maybe I could call myself a walking trail cam and post some of the photos of wildlife I see while hiking.

Here is a moose I saw yesterday while hiking/fishing in the high back country of the Wasatch Mountains near my home.

Let me know what you think about this idea. If you don't like it I will have the mods remove this with no hard feelings.

great :tu: very nice pic... but those moose scare me from the stories of them attacking people... please do be carefull on your trips... again very nice

Sakari,

A walking trail cam sounds fine to me....Still showing what animals are out and about , and these pics are coming from members , not just the internet...I think it is very cool...I know what you mean about someone stealing them , people do....Jerks.....They do make security straps and such for them , but even than , some idiot might get mad they can not steal it , and take a ax to it....

Nice pic !

great :tu: very nice pic... but those moose scare me from the stories of them attacking people... please do be carefull on your trips... again very nice

Thanks j b,

It's the mom's with babies you have to watch out for. I have been chased more than once by them. Sometimes you just walk right up on them without seeing em until the last second.

Still I managed to keep the lake between me and the bull in the photo just to be on the safe side.

A walking trail cam sounds fine to me....Still showing what animals are out and about , and these pics are coming from members , not just the internet...I think it is very cool...I know what you mean about someone stealing them , people do....Jerks.....They do make security straps and such for them , but even than , some idiot might get mad they can not steal it , and take a ax to it....

Nice pic !

Cool, hope we can get some other members to start posting. If so we should start seeing some very interesting photos.

Thanks

Cool, hope we can get some other members to start posting. If so we should start seeing some very interesting photos.

Thanks

I agree , I hope it stays with "real" situations , not family camping trips to yellowstone :)

I like the idea staying with " out in no where" sort of thing....If that makes sence.....

I am jealous of your fishing hole by the way :)

4 more months till Salmon Run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup.gif ( for me anyway )

I agree , I hope it stays with "real" situations , not family camping trips to yellowstone :)

I like the idea staying with " out in no where" sort of thing....If that makes sence.....

I am jealous of your fishing hole by the way :)

4 more months till Salmon Run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup.gif ( for me anyway )

Yep, I have several small lakes that I frequent in this area I will post pics if you like. I mostly get nice pan sized brook and rainbows out of them.

I miss the salmon runs in the PNW, I still have my salmon pole from when I lived up there collecting dust in my basement. :( We do have some land locked Kokanee here that get pretty big but not like up there.

Here is the lake I photographed the moose at you can just see it through the trees.

post-41803-072197000 1280088564_thumb.jp

This is something else I walked up on yesterday.

This bull elk was at least 4 miles from the nearest road. But I suppose it's possible he was hit by a car and made his way to where I found him before he died. The only injuries I could find were what looked like scrapes on his shoulders and rump.

Just goes to show it is not imposable to find dead animals in the bush. I smelled this guy long before I found him. In fact I would have walked right by him if it wasn't for the smell. Also note the trampled grass around him. Makes me wonder what else found him before I did, or if I scared something away.

post-41803-081618800 1280089244_thumb.jp

This bull elk was at least 4 miles from the nearest road. But I suppose it's possible he was hit by a car and made his way to where I found him before he died. The only injuries I could find were what looked like scrapes on his shoulders and rump.

Just goes to show it is not imposable to find dead animals in the bush. I smelled this guy long before I found him. In fact I would have walked right by him if it wasn't for the smell. Also note the trampled grass around him. Makes me wonder what else found him before I did, or if I scared something away.

OMG evancj... bears can smell that too! you have got to promise us your being carefull and your not gettin ate by bears... we would miss you :blink::o:no: so please be safe! nice pic and thanks for sharing.

OMG evancj... bears can smell that too! you have got to promise us your being carefull and your not gettin ate by bears... we would miss you :blink::o:no: so please be safe! nice pic and thanks for sharing.

I'm not to worried about it j b, the bears and cougars in these parts a very shy and well mannered around humans.

I cant think of anyone who has ever been attacked by a cougar here, and only one instance of a bear attacking and killing someone. I think it's because we still have plenty of wild land around so we don't get the wildlife conflicts that the west coast does.

I'm not to worried about it j b, the bears and cougars in these parts a very shy and well mannered around humans.

I cant think of anyone who has ever been attacked by a cougar here, and only one instance of a bear attacking and killing someone. I think it's because we still have plenty of wild land around so we don't get the wildlife conflicts that the west coast does.

ok just so long as you know what your doing... and i believe you do, you see here on the east coast we dont have elk, bear, cougars (well the wild outdoor kind, maybe the humanoid ones)... so those types of animals freak me out... anything larger than a dog is too big for me to walk around without a gun :) perhaps im a worrier and i want to say this to everyone active in this thread...

PLEASE if you are hiking in the forest taking pictures, do be safe and on the lookout for wild animals that may attack or harm you... it would kill me to know that someone got seriously hurt just trying to post pictures for UM...

:tu: keep up the good work everyone! :tu:

:edit: we have black bears here and there but not many

Edited by j b

Wow I bet that was a shock to see him. Wonder what had been poking around before you showed up.

This thread made me go dust off my trailcam. I haven't used it much lately but I am planning on setting out out sometime next week.

I will definitely post anything worthwhile. I live in Florida so there is certainly a diverse array of animals that I can capture on film.

This thread made me go dust off my trailcam. I haven't used it much lately but I am planning on setting out out sometime next week.

I will definitely post anything worthwhile. I live in Florida so there is certainly a diverse array of animals that I can capture on film.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Sakari. Just a question. If you did snap a pic of Bigfoot, or a hyena, or kangaroo, or chupacabras, or little grey alien, would you post it, or.... suppress it, till you knew if it was real or some kind of hoax?

Sakari. Just a question. If you did snap a pic of Bigfoot, or a hyena, or kangaroo, or chupacabras, or little grey alien, would you post it, or.... suppress it, till you knew if it was real or some kind of hoax?

I would post it......I do not for-see posting any of those though.....Although the "wild animal safari" walk through park is only about 3 miles north of me on Highway 101......

I would not hide anything waiting for a hoaxter or not....I would post it for all to see and debate.....I had a pic all ready that was hard to make out , I almost posted it....At first it looked like a cougars back end and tail , if I had posted that and said that , I think I would have had some agree....After further study and zooming , it was a fawn thumbsup.gif

I would post it......I do not for-see posting any of those though.....Although the "wild animal safari" walk through park is only about 3 miles north of me on Highway 101......

I would not hide anything waiting for a hoaxter or not....I would post it for all to see and debate.....I had a pic all ready that was hard to make out , I almost posted it....At first it looked like a cougars back end and tail , if I had posted that and said that , I think I would have had some agree....After further study and zooming , it was a fawn thumbsup.gif

if you get cougars please post em... are you baiting for them as well? omg that would be better than a bigfoot! :) haha :tu:

if you get cougars please post em... are you baiting for them as well? omg that would be better than a bigfoot! :) haha :tu:

There are cougars ( I all ways called them Mountain Lions , in Nevada , here in Oregon it is cougars) here...Lot's of them I hear.....

We have a deer feeder , but do not bait for cougars.....But , feeding the deer is baiting the cougars I guess.....

I have some pics of a fox that comes close to our back deck every night when he hears my voice...I made the mistake of giving him a rib bone once...So now , nightly feedings ( snacks ).......I might post them with Saturdays cam pics.....Trail camera is about 2 miles up in the woods right now , for a weak , we lease on 34 acres , and behind the 34 acres is nothing but forest to I-5 , that is a long ways away.....

Ok , one of the fox pics from last nights snack time.......Not a trail cam pic though :)

post-92206-051766100 1280273558_thumb.jp

post-92206-080771500 1280273570_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Supposedly there are a lot of cougars. When I went turkey hunting over by Roseburg this last Spring, I was warned of two different cougars that had been seen within several miles of where we were hunting. I never found any tracks, but I did find bones of what looked like a skunk that had been chewed up pretty good.

My wife and I also saw what we think was a wolf this last Spring when we were out hiking near Detroit lake in the Willamette National Forest. I was way too quick for me to get a pic, but we did get pics of the tracks. A forest service guy we ran into said it must have been a coyote, but it was easily 2 1/2 feet at the shoulder.

Supposedly there are a lot of cougars. When I went turkey hunting over by Roseburg this last Spring, I was warned of two different cougars that had been seen within several miles of where we were hunting. I never found any tracks, but I did find bones of what looked like a skunk that had been chewed up pretty good.

My wife and I also saw what we think was a wolf this last Spring when we were out hiking near Detroit lake in the Willamette National Forest. I was way too quick for me to get a pic, but we did get pics of the tracks. A forest service guy we ran into said it must have been a coyote, but it was easily 2 1/2 feet at the shoulder.

Diechecker , PM me if you want on Wolves..We had one for 7 years ( best 7 years of our lives , wish it had been more)....I will check , I know they are in eastern Oregon , there is a established pack , and I have heard " rumors" that another pack may be more to the west.......

Before we get to far and change this topic , as said , PM me , and I am a AVID HUNTER , and more so a AVID SAVE THE WOLVES person....To much to debate on this , so let's leave it to PM's , or another topic.....I do want to talk , and maybe see where you may have seen one , I have read your posts , and I think you would know the diference between a coyote and a Wolf.....This is cool news.....

Also , Labor Day Weekend , me and wife going to Portland......Want a beer?....All I ask is for you to tell us where to see :)

There are cougars ( I all ways called them Mountain Lions , in Nevada , here in Oregon it is cougars) here...Lot's of them I hear.....

We have a deer feeder , but do not bait for cougars.....But , feeding the deer is baiting the cougars I guess.....

I have some pics of a fox that comes close to our back deck every night when he hears my voice...I made the mistake of giving him a rib bone once...So now , nightly feedings ( snacks ).......I might post them with Saturdays cam pics.....Trail camera is about 2 miles up in the woods right now , for a weak , we lease on 34 acres , and behind the 34 acres is nothing but forest to I-5 , that is a long ways away.....

Ok , one of the fox pics from last nights snack time.......Not a trail cam pic though :)

post-92206-051766100 1280273558_thumb.jp

post-92206-080771500 1280273570_thumb.jp

Beautiful gray fox!!! Thanks for sharing.