Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trail Camera Pictures

Sakari

a few more pictures i wanted to share from an atv ride a couple weeks back

pic_3_zps44cfa114.jpg

pic_1_zpse9e16eeb.jpg

pic_2_zpsd9f62c7f.jpg

pic_4_zps0dd25111.jpg

• Like 1

i got these pictures friday at work. can someone identify the eagle on the left. is it a golden?

eagle_2_zps7e66142b.jpg

eagle_1_zps7a2825e1.jpg

• Like 2

That's what it appears to be, however I've never seen any that close to a road......and on the ground...........and seemingly indifferent to humans taking their picture.

Cool pictures though.

• Like 1

haha, yea we had hauled a load of stuff to the landfill in eagle river and the eagles hang out there feasting on trash. hundreds of them literally. i got these without the landfill in the shot.

Edited by j b

Well, they will scavenge. First time I've ever seen them at it.

Nice pics j b,

I am starting to see more bald eagles around here as they migrate down for the winter, Saw 4 of them the other day.

The dark eagle in your photo is a juvenile bald eagle.

Wheres the road kill?

Never mind you said this is at the dump. Unfortunately our nations symbol is indeed a scavenging trash eater, as much as it is a hunter.

Edited by evancj

thats great. i thought it was a juvenile but the guy that told me said it was a goldent eagle.. hah! cool. no roadkill, its at a landfill and there are hundreds of eagles just hanging around like that. i only got those two pics without the landfill in the shot. ill be back there next week sometime im sure probably and ill try to get a pic of everything so everyone can see how many eagles im talking about. i guess i should have done that already. thanks for the compliments.

thats great. i thought it was a juvenile but the guy that told me said it was a goldent eagle.. hah! cool. no roadkill, its at a landfill and there are hundreds of eagles just hanging around like that. i only got those two pics without the landfill in the shot. ill be back there next week sometime im sure probably and ill try to get a pic of everything so everyone can see how many eagles im talking about. i guess i should have done that already. thanks for the compliments.

We have both golden and bald eagles here, and from what I have observed the golden's eagles are not at all sociable like the bald's, and the golden's are much more wild/elusive, it is dam near impossible to get near them. I doubt the two species would put up with one another in such close proximity.

Speaking of golden eagles I saw 2 of them yesterday, both catching jackrabbits on the same mountain side. I took some pics but they where so far away that you cant see much detail. I'll post them in a bit.

• Like 2

Here is one of the clearer golden eagle photos I took yesterday. I saw 2 of them hunting jackrabbits on the same mountain. This is one of the times this guy missed his target. Note the golden color on the head and body. As I said earlier this is not a very good photo this one was probably half a mile away.

I do have another golden eagle in flight photo that is clearer some where in this thread.

post-41803-0-35333300-1356899276_thumb.j

Edited by evancj
  • Like 2

JB!!!

Thank you for posting.

I almost went up there also, for a pipeline job, wife would not go for it....

Welcome back, and enjoy it up there. And be careful, the moose will kick your ass!

Evancj, as usual, nice pics, thank you.

• Like 1

Thanks Sakari. I really appreciate it. I am being very careful. I am keeping my eyes open. Everytime I go outside the house I have to do a quick lookaround to make sure its safe.

So I took a hike out at Antelope island yesterday, here are some of the things I saw.

A small group of bison I woke up just after sunrise.

post-41803-0-74678300-1356899887_thumb.j

Bison are not native to this island, but they were native to the surrounding Salt Lake valley.

A wise rancher who owned the island (in the late 1800's) planted them here because he thought they where going to go extinct. This heard has since been used to reintroduce bison into their former ranges around the west and mid west.

• Like 5

A running antelope,the namesake of the island. These are natives to the island, as are the other animals that I will post.

post-41803-0-92180900-1356901001_thumb.j

• Like 1