Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trail Camera Pictures

Sakari

A young bull moose.

post-41803-0-91370100-1357090243_thumb.j

there's that moose stare you down look. its kinda intimidating

great pictures evancj :tu:

Edited by j b

Here's a red fox trotting through the yard from last February, 2012--I'll get more pictures as they come around at the end of this month and throughout this Feb. That's the peak of their mating (and fighting, screaming, trilling, and calling) season here. I couldn't figure out what animal was making the sounds until I looked up fox calls on You Tube and found these great examples--the Gekkering is the strangest noise.

This fox has got some mange on it's tail--it was a rough summer here last year, and there were lots of skin problems on the wildlife. He looks pretty healthy, otherwise.

post-135795-0-12335700-1357145700_thumb.

post-135795-0-82653400-1357145709_thumb.

• Like 4

Very nice shots catti,

Thank you for posting them. I love red foxes. I like all the different color phases they have. Around here we seem to get a lot of very light orange to grey phase foxes. In Washington I saw quite a few black phase foxes. What color phases do you see in PA?

Thanks! We have both reds and grays, but I see red fox around here because I have the habitat they like best: farmland and rolling hills. I've spotted a completely silver 'red' fox that didn't look very red at all, but had the white tipped tail. The red's coat can vary greatly--from bright true orange to a black undercoat tipped with red. I love seeing the red fox in its melanistic (spelling?) phase where the legs and hind quarters are all black. Sometimes I can only tell the red and the grey fox apart by the red's white tipped tail.

I have never seen a cross fox in the wild, but I used to be a vet technician, and held one in my lap--gorgeous creature from Canada, white and silver with a black 'cross' streaked across her shoulders and down her back. She shouldn't have been a pet, I know, but it was an experience I won't forget.

Now, if only I could get a photo of the coyotes that have moved into my valley--they fascinate me. They are much bigger around here than out west (I lived in AZ for a littlewhile).

Edited by Catti-Brie

Thanks! We have both reds and grays, but I see red fox around here because I have the habitat they like best: farmland and rolling hills. I've spotted a completely silver 'red' fox that didn't look very red at all, but had the white tipped tail. The red's coat can vary greatly--from bright true orange to a black undercoat tipped with red. I love seeing the red fox in its melanistic (spelling?) phase where the legs and hind quarters are all black. Sometimes I can only tell the red and the grey fox apart by the red's white tipped tail.

I have never seen a cross fox in the wild, but I used to be a vet technician, and held one in my lap--gorgeous creature from Canada, white and silver with a black 'cross' streaked across her shoulders and down her back. She shouldn't have been a pet, I know, but it was an experience I won't forget.

Now, if only I could get a photo of the coyotes that have moved into my valley--they fascinate me. They are much bigger around here than out west (I lived in AZ for a littlewhile).

Not sure if I posted the pic with a fawn and fox in same pic here....I know I posted the fox we have that hangs around about 4 moths out of the year...Miss the little guys, hope they are safe.

• Like 1

Is this where I read that someone threw a rib to a fox one night and then the animal kept coming back for more? Was that you, Sakari? They are such opportunists. A red fox has denned in a fence row close to my house for the past 2 years. I can hear their pup's whining if the wind blows just right. I taught my dogs to stay away from that area. Mongo and Sadie will both sit side by side at the very edge of my property, totally content to just watch that spot in the fence row and listen--they'll be there for 15 minutes straight (that's saying a lot for my terrier-mixed dogs).

I think I'll try to get some audio of my own this caterwauling season--I've never tried this before. I'll post it if it's at all decent. Makes your hair stand up on end.

Is this where I read that someone threw a rib to a fox one night and then the animal kept coming back for more? Was that you, Sakari? They are such opportunists. A red fox has denned in a fence row close to my house for the past 2 years. I can hear their pup's whining if the wind blows just right. I taught my dogs to stay away from that area. Mongo and Sadie will both sit side by side at the very edge of my property, totally content to just watch that spot in the fence row and listen--they'll be there for 15 minutes straight (that's saying a lot for my terrier-mixed dogs).

I think I'll try to get some audio of my own this caterwauling season--I've never tried this before. I'll post it if it's at all decent. Makes your hair stand up on end.

It was me :)......He/She well both, and their kit should be posted here......If you can not find them let me know. I have to run to Coos Bay to go shopping for now.

evancj, what is this? I understand you are kidding, but I cannot figure out what this is a photo of! It really looks like a hippo, but I don't think they grow them there in Utah :lol:

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

Last week I saw this monster emerge from the depths of the brackish waters of the Great Salt Lake marshes, and swim right out of the water straight at me. As you can see from the photograph it was a huge viscous beast. I'm just glad I survived the attack to tell the tale.

GSL_WETLANDS_2011-02-17 222.jpg

LOL, this is what the eagles have been eating.

I set my trailcam out to take 30second videos (has IR, nightvision) about 20 minutes from my place (and an hours walk) on the local mountain range. I put some ham pieces, chicken sandwich, banana peel and a few other morsels around in range of the camera.

Hope I catch something besides other hungry hikers who follow my trail.

I set my trailcam out to take 30second videos (has IR, nightvision) about 20 minutes from my place (and an hours walk) on the local mountain range. I put some ham pieces, chicken sandwich, banana peel and a few other morsels around in range of the camera.

Hope I catch something besides other hungry hikers who follow my trail.

Right on....Post here whatever it is that eats it :)

evancj, what is this? I understand you are kidding, but I cannot figure out what this is a photo of! It really looks like a hippo, but I don't think they grow them there in Utah :lol:

Last week I saw this monster emerge from the depths of the brackish waters of the Great Salt Lake marshes, and swim right out of the water straight at me. As you can see from the photograph it was a huge viscous beast. I'm just glad I survived the attack to tell the tale.

It is a Carp :)

2005carp.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Catti,

I believe your coyotes "eastern coyotes" are actually a cross between grey wolves and coyotes.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Wildlife/Wildlife_profiles/profile_eastern_coyote.htm

I would like to see some photos of them if you can get some.

Yep, as Sakari said, just as carp. There were a bunch of them trying to get over a mud flat into deeper water.

I've been going back up to the foothills above my house for the past couple of days looking for the those elk.

Here is some of what I saw;

Ran across another porcupine

post-41803-0-29658700-1357436137_thumb.j

No wonder I never see them alive....I rarely look up :)

Their easy to find in the winter, no leaves to hide in.

Edited by evancj

A red squirrel.

post-41803-0-19855500-1357437028_thumb.j

"SQUIRREL!"

Today I decided to suck it up and haul my old ass up the mountain after them.

on the way up I ran into a group of around 10 cows and calves. I was able to get pretty close to them, here's a shot of mom and baby.

post-41803-0-78999900-1357437522_thumb.j

• Like 3

Couldn't get as close to the bulls, but I got close enough to get some better pics.

post-41803-0-59887900-1357438052_thumb.j

Edited by evancj
  • Like 2

This was the biggest one,

post-41803-0-57768800-1357438668_thumb.j

That's it for now, you guys are probably sick of me and my photos so I'll lay off for awhile.

Edited by evancj
  • Like 3

evancj,

I will say it again, you should be making money off of these, they are that damn good!

I would hang a number of your pics on my wall as prints.

• Like 4