Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trail Camera Pictures

Sakari

nice pics. :yes:

Thanks for putting up with me and my silly hobby everyone, I appreciate your patience.

Thanks for contributing, it is not silly, it is awesome. A lot of people follow this topic, just to see your pics!! :tu:

• 1 month later...

282265_4884332834679_1669701542_n.jpg

My chicken thief. Need to find a way to get rid of him. Had about 70 other photos from this spot of cows, but I'll spare you those. :)

• Like 2

Jack Russell Terrier should do the trick...but will probably also take out your chickens too

My chicken thief. Need to find a way to get rid of him. Had about 70 other photos from this spot of cows, but I'll spare you those. :)

Thanks for the post...

I have had mine out, will post a couple pics soon. My camera is broke, the pictures look like those old western pics......No more color :(

One of my first photos with my new camera. A photographer I'm not, but I'm determined to learn. This is my usual "wildlife", invertebrates. I wanted to share some of our lovely Texas fire ants with you. They don't like it if you wreck their nest for photographic purposes. And i was wearing flip flops because I'm just smart like that. :w00t: You can see in the photo the adults grabbing up the immatures (white blobs) to rescue them from Godzilla, me!

I hope this comes out zoomed and clear enough.

post-126843-0-97070900-1368393189_thumb.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

One of my first photos with my new camera. A photographer I'm not, but I'm determined to learn. This is my usual "wildlife", invertebrates. I wanted to share some of our lovely Texas fire ants with you. They don't like it if you wreck their nest for photographic purposes. And i was wearing flip flops because I'm just smart like that. :w00t: You can see in the photo the adults grabbing up the immatures (white blobs) to rescue them from Godzilla, me!

Flip flops and fire ants.......Hmmm

Thanks for the contribution! ......Keep them coming.

• Like 1

Thanks, Sakari, I have to improve posting zoomed photos. I'm a total novice here. It was a better close-up, (closer-up) on my end.

Went out today behind the house. Behind the house meaning nothing but forest and meadows for about 100 miles until you might hit I-5.

I was hoping to see some Elk, Fox, maybe get lucky and a Bear.

I found a creek I never new about, but not much else until I came back to the house....

So, here is the creek, with some kind of flower, I think it may be one that eats bugs.....

post-92206-0-14101800-1364073804_thumb.j

Sakari, I do know that there are several small State Parks/Preserves down on the South Coast of Oregon that are specifically for the native "pitcher plant" type plants

Let me see if I can find a link....

http://www.splinterc...iaMainPage.html

The Darlingtonia Preserve is located just off Highway 101, north of the town of Florence on the Southern Oregon Coast. The tiny park is centered on a peat bog that hosts an unusual concentration of the carnivorous California pitcher plant, or cobra lily - known by the botanical name Darlingtonia Californica. The 18-acre preserve is the only Oregon state park dedicated to the protection of a single plant species.

The rare, strangely-shaped Darlingtonia plant is the only member of the pitcher plant family in Oregon......

Maybe what you found is not a pitcher plant then....?? Or maybe a new species??

I grew up in Winston which is not too far away, and I seem to remember seeing plants like this occationally.

EDIT: Ahhhh.... Found it. Appears it is called a Yellow Skunk Cabbage.

http://www.paulnoll....nk-Cabbage.html

plant-Skunk-Cabbage.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysichiton_americanus

Edited by DieChecker

Ok, My camera is dust.....I will attempt to fix it, but no idea why it is not taking good color pics...

Night time ones are good though, just nothing worth posting.

post-92206-0-41892600-1368409908_thumb.j

post-92206-0-96745300-1368409919_thumb.j

• Like 2

Sakari, I do know that there are several small State Parks/Preserves down on the South Coast of Oregon that are specifically for the native "pitcher plant" type plants

Let me see if I can find a link....

http://www.splinterc...iaMainPage.html

Maybe what you found is not a pitcher plant then....?? Or maybe a new species??

I grew up in Winston which is not too far away, and I seem to remember seeing plants like this occationally.

EDIT: Ahhhh.... Found it. Appears it is called a Yellow Skunk Cabbage.

http://www.paulnoll....nk-Cabbage.html

Saw your edit, TY....I have seen Skunk Cabbage, but without the flowers.....Hmmm, interesting........Check link below, awesome place.

I can go out next weekend and get some more floral pics....I could maybe identify a Rose, but that is about it.....

Up about 4o miles from me....

http://www.shoreacres.net/

Edited by Sakari

Got caught up on all the pics. Evan... totally wish I could go hiking in those mountains and Antelope Island. :tu:

Saw your edit, TY....I have seen Skunk Cabbage, but without the flowers.....Hmmm, interesting........Check link below, awesome place.

I can go out next weekend and get some more floral pics....I could maybe identify a Rose, but that is about it.....

Up about 4o miles from me....

http://www.shoreacres.net/

Huh. We used to go to Coos Bay all the time as kids and teens. Yet, I've never been to that park. Weird. My Mom used to take us to any and all parks she could find..... 3 boys.... she used to just release us to run and run and run....

I don't have a trail cam, but I like to sit out behind my house with a camera and see what shows up. I've seen a couple of sub-urban deer, cats and lots of birds. We also have a chipmunk and a guy I call "Big Fat Squirrel" that come to visit quite often. Fat Squirrel is the biggest Douglas squirrel I've ever seen. Twice the size of the other couple squirrels I've seen in our neighborhood. I'll see if I can find one of my pics of Fat Squirrel.

I don't have a trail cam, but I like to sit out behind my house with a camera and see what shows up. I've seen a couple of sub-urban deer, cats and lots of birds. We also have a chipmunk and a guy I call "Big Fat Squirrel" that come to visit quite often. Fat Squirrel is the biggest Douglas squirrel I've ever seen. Twice the size of the other couple squirrels I've seen in our neighborhood. I'll see if I can find one of my pics of Fat Squirrel.

Post em up !

And man, Sunset Bay at Shore Acres is AWESOME!

Sounds like something I would do. :lol: I dare you to try macro next time.

I was stationed in Georgia for several years. And I can tell you from personal experience that you will never see a grown man get naked quicker than one who has unknowingly kneeled in a fire ant hill on night training exercises.

Nice pic BTW. What kind of camera doe you have?

Got caught up on all the pics. Evan... totally wish I could go hiking in those mountains and Antelope Island. :tu:

Thanks DC. Now you went and encouraged me to post some more of my photos.

Just kidding. LOL.

I would like to see some of yours.

Edited by evancj

Oh, I assure you I was right next to the nest, we've just learned how to do the "fire ant shuffle" and "flip flop finger sweep in record time" resulting in only a couple stings! LOL

I wanted a DSL but I let the "camera" guy talk me into the new Sony HX300 jacked-up point and shoot. Because I take more close-ups of tiny stuff than sweeping vistas or large animals at a distance he said this would be best. It looks like a DSL. We shall see.

Ok, My camera is dust.....I will attempt to fix it, but no idea why it is not taking good color pics...

Night time ones are good though, just nothing worth posting.

post-92206-0-41892600-1368409908_thumb.j

post-92206-0-96745300-1368409919_thumb.j

I don't know much about trail cameras. Did you check the settings? Maybe it's set on sepia tone instead of color?

I don't know much about trail cameras. Did you check the settings? Maybe it's set on sepia tone instead of color?

It is a cheap model. Actually, I had sent the first one back for this reason..

The only settings are :

Burst mode : 1,2,3,4,5,or 6 ( how many pics taken when motion is sensed.

Auto / Night / Day : I have it on Auto, and tried Days only, same result.

Video / Pictures : Self explanatory

That is about it....

Thats ok, I hope I can get off my ass and use the camera that makes me exercise more....

I like the look of the photos, Sakari. NOt what you're going for, I know. My cousin was involved with the photos for the inside of the St. Louis Arch and as I remember they "invented" some kind of brown-toned photography technique to use.

I was just a teen and so can't explain anything about it.

I like the look of the photos, Sakari. NOt what you're going for, I know. My cousin was involved with the photos for the inside of the St. Louis Arch and as I remember they "invented" some kind of brown-toned photography technique to use.

I was just a teen and so can't explain anything about it.

It used to take great pics, they are posted more in the beginning of this thread...I will take it a part and tinker with it.....The Deer here are about to give birth, would be nice to have it around.

I was stationed in Georgia for several years. And I can tell you from personal experience that you will never see a grown man get naked quicker than one who has unknowingly kneeled in a fire ant hill on night training exercises.

I was stationed in Georgia for 2 years also and learned about fire ants quick....