Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tai chi and other martial arts

KenjiBeast

That is correct. See, you were so unwilling to listen to what I was saying that you did not even notice that I wasn't talking about enlightenment at all.

It's very easy to please me. All you have to do is be willing to listen. You don't have to believe, heck, you don't even have to agree. You just have to listen.

That is correct, however it is irrelevant to the comments I was making regarding martial arts.

Which is still irrelevant to the comments I was making regarding martial arts.

Even after all this, you just keep going with your arguments, without making the slightest effort to understand what anyone else is saying.

Way to be close-minded.

Whatever you say goes my friend. I hope you will achieve enlightenment and peace of mind.

Please tell us all whatever you wanted to say and we will all listen to it.

I am all ears.

In fact I know many atheists like you and I always ask them one question:

What is the meaning of your life as an atheist?

Can you help us with your answer to the big question Aquatus? It is interesting to hear your own opinions and beliefs about life´s meaning.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gauss

• aquatus1

• emily77

• Dougal

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever you say goes my friend. I hope you will achieve enlightenment and peace of mind.

**Shrugs**

Thanks. It's not a top priority in my life.

Please tell us all whatever you wanted to say and we will all listen to it.

I am all ears.

I already did. It's the belief that martial arts have little to no relation to psychic potential, based on how millenia of research has never uncovered anything other than stories of these alleged abilities, whereas other abilities have been preserved and handed down..

In fact I know many atheists like you and I always ask them one question:

Okay, well, that's got nothing to do with anything that I said...

What is the meaning of your life as an atheist?

...I'm pretty sure I gave you a link that specifically answers that exact question...

Can you help us with your answer to the big question Aquatus? It is interesting to hear your own opinions and beliefs about life´s meaning.

Let's not derail this thread any more than it already has been from the OP, which is about martial arts and psychic potential.

Thank you very much for posting the link to Godless Spirituality! I am about to read your views and am excited! I love to learn how other people view things. I believe we also love to have other people listen to us too!

I have noticed through the years a few things, which may or may not be relevant here. We seemed to have gotten side tracked from martial arts to spirit talk. (I do thank those who gave me tips on the different martial arts! Very appreciated) Okay..

When people first find spiritual beliefs that they relate to on a deeper level they get really excited about it and want to share it with everyone. I know when I first started on my conscious journey all I talked about were spiritual things. I drove everyone around me crazy. My friends were patient and listened to me go on and on. Until one day, a friend told me he used to be the same way when he first started his journey - obsessed - and that I was driving him nuts! I have seen many others do this too. This leads me to believe it is a normal part of the process. However, some will stay obsessed and not move on from that. When we are obsessed, our "lessons" cannot really get deep down inside of us like they can when we are calm and centered.

During this initial phase it seems many of us believe that we are the only ones who have found truth and that the truth we have found is the best way and sometimes we believe the only way to, God, Enlightenment, or whatever word you use. We feel as though we finally -get it- and we want others to feel the same way we do! However, each and every one of us has our own path to walk, our own truths to find, in our own time, at our own pace. When we are obsessed and overwhelming people with our thoughts, ideas, and beliefs and not listening so well to theirs we are being disrespectful to the other person or other people in our lives.

Some wonderful gifts we can give to others is to respect them, listen to them, be patient and forgiving to them, and see them as just as important and special as we are...not better...not less.

So...when the teacher is ready, the student will find him/her. No need to run around trying to find students.

Asides from it not having anything to do with the topic, I really have no desire to speak to you about it. If you wish to learn more about my views, perhaps you can start here: Godless Spirituality.

In regards to martial arts and spirituality, they don't really have any deeper connection than any other activity and inner peace. Some people can achieve enlightenment through martial arts, some through violence, some through meditation, some through flower arrangement, and I'm sure, given time, someone can figure out how to do it through golf as well. Any practice that allows you to lose yourself into itself can provide a means of achieving inner peace, which will help you grow into your spirituality.

The idea, however, that spirituality confers any sort of special powers, particularly over life and death, is incorrect. At most, you can hope for an extended "In the Zone!" type of feeling (which isn't a bad thing in and of itself). But no, you won't be catching arrows in mid-flight, tossing energy balls at the bad guys, or feeding off the force, not in this reality.

**Shrugs**

Thanks. It's not a top priority in my life.

I already did.

Ok, you mean your Intellect, your Reason and your Honesty as you describe it in your link?

Is that your meaning of life?

Thanks for clarification.

• 7 years later...

I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and no, psychic abilities were never taught to me at the dojo I went to, and I doubt that they are taught in any Tae Kwon Do dojos and likely very, very few martial arts instructors have any knowledge of psi abilities.  None of my instructors had any psi abilities either.  In fact, the only time psi abilities were ever discussed by the instructors (and students) was either as the butt of jokes or to say the classic dismissive line of, "Well, if they're really psychic, why don't they just get rich off the lottery."  In fact, I would be willing to bet that I was the only person at the school that believed in psychic abilities.  Am I psychic?  Well, yes.  But also no.  I earned my black belt in Tae Kwon Do when I was 16 years old, and I stopped attending martial arts classes around 6 months later.  I decided to stop going to classes rather than advancing to a higher degree of black belt due to financial reasons and also due to the fact that I felt I had more than likely already gained the skills that I would need to defend myself if the situation ever arose and thus wasn't interested in continuing.  

I began to become aware of my psychic abilities when I was 20 years old and in college.  On occasions that I have seen other people from my martial arts classes while at a community college, who also reached black belt, I did not tell them anything about that I was developing psychic abilities.  They likely would have assumed that as I had lost my mind or was lying about being psychic, perhaps because I was trying to rip them off as they were skeptics.  People are impressed when I tell them I am a black belt, but society's reactions to psychics is the polar opposite honestly.  I feel discriminated against for being psychic, honestly.  As a result, I tell very few people.  And those that I do tell do not believe me.  In fact, only one person I told that I have psi abilities believed me.  When I have told people that I am a black belt, never once did anyone doubt that I am a black belt.  Sure, people may have misconceptions at times about what martial arts really is.  However, I never had anyone tell me, "That's impossible.  Black belts don't exist.  Are you feeling okay?".  

And deep down, I am glad that I became a black belt.  I feel safer as a result of this, and I am proud of my achievement.  However, I honestly wish that I did not have the internal dilemma associated with being psychic.  Currently, I am able to see auras.  I can see them in full color.  However, I am not able to do anything with this ability.  I have not been able to read anyone's mind or anything, but clearly, I have a gift of some kind.  However, I am unsure how to use it.  Unlike martial arts, one cannot go to a school that teaches psi abilities, and as a result.......... I'm not sure how one can use this ability.  So, I am somewhat confused.  I am able to see auras in full color, but I am unable to use it to read minds or see the future of other people.  This is a bit of a source of frustration for me.  I would like to learn more, and I registered for an account here as perhaps people who have psi abilities would have tips for me on how I could use this ability.  

I would use these abilities for personal gain, financially and otherwise.  However, also and more importantly, I would use them to assist other people to make the right decisions for their own lives.  I'm not at all interested in using my abilities to profit and would never charge a cent for my "readings".  If I ever get to the point that I do them, they are and will always be completely free.  And I'd give them to as many people as I could.  Though, I don't know how to use my gift, so unfortunately I'm not doing psi readings at the moment.  I can answer any questions about martial arts, but I can't say I'm an expert on psi abilities.......... in fact I'm in a rather confusing situation with the ability that I acquired involuntarily and hope people can point me in the right direction. 

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111

On 5/23/2018 at 9:45 PM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I began to become aware of my psychic abilities when I was 20 years old and in college.  On occasions that I have seen other people from my martial arts classes while at a community college, who also reached black belt, I did not tell them anything about that I was developing psychic abilities.  They likely would have assumed that as I had lost my mind or was lying about being psychic, perhaps because I was trying to rip them off as they were skeptics.  People are impressed when I tell them I am a black belt, but society's reactions to psychics is the polar opposite honestly.  I feel discriminated against for being psychic, honestly.  As a result, I tell very few people.  And those that I do tell do not believe me.  In fact, only one person I told that I have psi abilities believed me.  When I have told people that I am a black belt, never once did anyone doubt that I am a black belt.  Sure, people may have misconceptions at times about what martial arts really is.  However, I never had anyone tell me, "That's impossible.  Black belts don't exist.  Are you feeling okay?".  

And deep down, I am glad that I became a black belt.  I feel safer as a result of this, and I am proud of my achievement.  However, I honestly wish that I did not have the internal dilemma associated with being psychic.  Currently, I am able to see auras.  I can see them in full color.  However, I am not able to do anything with this ability.  I have not been able to read anyone's mind or anything, but clearly, I have a gift of some kind.  However, I am unsure how to use it.  Unlike martial arts, one cannot go to a school that teaches psi abilities, and as a result.......... I'm not sure how one can use this ability.  So, I am somewhat confused.  I am able to see auras in full color, but I am unable to use it to read minds or see the future of other people.  This is a bit of a source of frustration for me.  I would like to learn more, and I registered for an account here as perhaps people who have psi abilities would have tips for me on how I could use this ability.  

Hello,

This is a very old thread. I did not read any of the other comments in it.

It is kind of funny how we avoid mentioning our psychic skills to others when other skills like being a black belt is easily accepted. The reason is proof. Your black belt skills are very tangable and those psychic skills are not as easily demonstrated.

My best friend is a psychic. We became friends because we recognized that talent in each other. She being a 29 YO gal and me being a 75 yo guy, based on age and gender this it is an unlikely friendship.

Today we have been discussing how best to help those who wish to evolve their personal psychic skills and abilities. We both know how to do that, however teaching it, or guiding a person on how to do that, it is another story. Our conversation revolved around using direct language on how to proceed or indirect language about that undertaking. For as you say, there are no established authorities on this subject. Lots of books and courses of study out there but nothing which is well established for a topic that most find  they are quite skeptical about. The reason being, it can not be tangablely proven in a way a non-believer could relat to.

So I do not have tips on how to evolve this ability, I have what is considered a sure fire way for any one to evolve their skills and abilities. The question for me and my psychic friend is how to present what we know to others who have a serious interest in that undertaking. For this is not a provable thing like being a black belt. I can not claim or prove to any one such a thing as psychic skills because they are not tangable, or that I have any of these skills myself.

So yes this is a sourse of frustration for those who sense they have dormant skills and abilities. I can say that you can learn more about this from your own inner wisdom. That would be the tip you requested I am inclined to suggest.

I hope these comments I have made will be helpful and encouraging.

John