Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Accidents or murder ?

UM-Bot

William B Stoecker: USAF pilot Virgil “Gus” Grissom (4/3/26-1/27/67) was one of the original Mercury Seven astronauts, who flew atop Redstone rockets on suborbital missions and on Atlas rockets into low Earth orbit. He was the second American to fly into space (on a suborbital mission) and the first American to fly into space twice. His 1961 suborbital flight, Redstone Four, a.k.a. Liberty Bell Seven, landed in the Atlantic as planned. But then, unexpectedly, explosive bolts blew the hatch off and the capsule sank rapidly, forcing Grissom to swim for his life, and nearly drown when his spacesuit began filling with water…while the rescue helicopter initially focused on a futile attempt to retrieve the capsule. Many in and out of NASA tried to insinuate that this brave pilot was a coward who had panicked and hit the release trigger. But why would a “coward” take the one action guaranteed to put him in harm’s way, rather than waiting for the helicopter pickup? And it is well known that the release trigger required a blow of such force that it would leave bruises on his hand…and no bruises were found on Gus Grissom.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldTimeRadio

• Paracelse

• Gwynbleidd

• maxcred

Interesting about the comment that "At least four of the original seven astronauts were Masons". :unsure:

Here some information on Richard Hoagland..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_C._Hoagland

this man also tries to create a new space cult called the 9 unknowns which started with Puharich (Hoagland knew him) spoon bender named Uri Geller in the late 60's and early 70's.

http://www.audiomedium.com/spiricomstudy/files/12a2.pdf

The author writes, 'It also seems a bit strange that every last one of the original astronauts was of Anglo Saxon or German ancestry, groups likely to be favored by the Nazis.' I don't think this is strange at all. People of Northern European ancestry dominated government, industry, academia and the military in America in the era in which the Mercury astronauts were selected, much more so than today. The people selected for the astronaut program reflected the society in which they lived. Most people whose ancestors were from Northern Europe would almost certainly have German or Anglo-Saxon ancestry in this melting pot that is America. It would be strange if there had been any Mercury astronauts who were not from this group.

Many in and out of NASA tried to insinuate that this brave pilot was a coward who had panicked and hit the release trigger.

What kind of "coward" goes into Space in the first place?

• 2 months later...

Well-written.

I have to keep an open mind about all this.

I will not be disappointed if it is found that we did not land on the moon. The people in this country have been lied to alot. I think it is the major scourge of western civilization. It isn't unique to the USA government.

I like Hougland. Listened to and saw him via podcasts and on the internet many times now. I would love to meet him.

I agree with you on the 9-11 and OK city bombing topic. We need the truth and we haven't got it yet from our government.

I think Al Qaeda was a puppet of some power-monger group in this country.