Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your opinions please: Angels

artrox

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Independent1

• Unorthodox Thesis

• Seraphina

• Ashley-Star*Child

I believe angels are real, being an agnostic though I think of them a little differently. To me they’re just higher spiritual beings or humans sometimes even animals, who contain the essence of good. There are joyous & sincere & always know how to help you, dependable & loving, they also seem to be intuitive. There are more characteristics but that’s a few of the basics. My only “experiences” with angels is a few of my best friends. They somehow always come to me & cheer me up ( & when I mean cheer up it’s not like a normal hello or pat on the back it’s like they actually know & decide to give an extra hug or make extra jokes to make me laugh) when I’m sad & yet to my knowledge I’ve never given them a hint of my sadness, that I like all guys hide deep within.

As a theist, I do believe that angels exist and interact in the affairs of men. Myself, well how do you explain lunch time traffic avoiding me after landing midpoint on the pavement near a crosswalk? Or, how I have survived to wrecks which totalled the car, but not me. Angels around us all, sometimes we are aware, most times we are not.

As an atheist, I don't believe that angels exist and interact in the affairs of men tongue.gif I do however, believe in imps. How do you explain how you always find stuff when you're not looking for it, but the moment you need it, it's hiding! Or how on a sunny day it always gets cloudy the moment you go outside wacko.gif

I don't believe in angles in any sense of the word...although I do like espdracomth's analogy of them wub.gif Quite frankly, even if they did exist, there's far too much chaos and evil going on in the world for them to possibly be walking around interfering in things tongue.gif

If they are, they've got their priorities totally screwed up huh.gif

do you explain how you always find stuff when you're not looking for it, but the moment you need it, it's hiding!

Imps ?

....... Moe always thought elves were the culprits behind his missing car keys.

blink.gif

No. Elves are the reason it's harder than hell to find matching socks. They send out search parties, and every time they find a pair, they steal one, to give it to their one legged overlord.

Seraphina is wise wub.gif

This must be the reason why elves wear those silly hats. They are actually stolen socks.

But what about my missing car keys ? blink.gif

...yeah, that one was me...

Well you had better come back then. You stole the keys to my Pinto on blocks.

crying.gif

Well, angels and angel lore have become a bit of a hobby of mine recently. I have little interest in the modern-day idea of happy-clappy, fat little cherubs and winged saints that plaster the bookshelves. Angels are dangerous, powerful and down right scary beings. And I'm talking about the 'good' ones here.

The reason I posted the topic on angels: I do believe spiritual beings look over us. Perhaps deceased love ones who watch over us as guardians of a sort. My personal experience says I should be dead....one night attached by an unrelenting stalker (for which the police were no help), who broke into my home and came after me with a loaded gun. He pointed the gun at me several times and tried to fire it, and then upon himself (after the police arrived). The prosecuting attorney said I was one lucky lady. Maybe just luck, but I also believe there were spiritual guardians around me that night...my dad, perhaps.

Liutus-

I have also recently accuired an interest in angels. Do u care to elaberate on your post?

The prosecuting attorney said I was one lucky lady. Maybe just luck, but I also believe there were spiritual guardians around me that night...my dad, perhaps.

Either that, or the guy just should have invested in a better gun huh.gif

I'm afraid guardian angels are a little...out there for me. As I said before, there's far too much hardship and pain in the world to possibly believe it. I remember someone posted a story a while ago about their brother being in a car crash and surviving, and saying "god must have been watching out for him that day."

If God was watching out for him, wouldn't he have not been in a car crash to start with huh.gif

Angels: Agents of "God" acording to the judeo.cristian religions. No more than mythology.

• 2 months later...

I do believe in angels. When i really feel down i ask them to put things right. I also ask them to help me with certain situations and sometimes things turn out the way i want. It could just be coincedence, but i like to think that i have someone looking out for me.

My opinion: God exists, angels exists, and aliens also.

How do they fit in?

Heres how according to what I believe:

There are aliens that God created. They all have free will.

Some are good, some are bad. When the time exipres for

a race of aliens, God judges the bad, and appoints the good

to be His servants. These are God's celestial attendants.

The visible part of God which is Jesus - flies in a space ship.

The angels also fly in space-ships. Soon, the humans who accepted

God as their creator will become angels also.

A long time ago, Satan was a good angel. Now, He and his

followers are evil. They once had space ships. But God took

them away because they would have used them for evil

purposes. Satan saw this coming. So, he gave the god-tech

space ships to a fallen (sinful) evil alien race. They can operate

the space-ships. Of course, God's space ships are more powerful.

The visible part of God which is Jesus had always used and will

use a form of transportation. Very soon, we will take part in

what is known as the 'Harvest' Armageddon, the judgment.

And thats my opinion.

But I think there are other beings too. Like spirits.

They are invisible, but can appear at times either by

their will or by another from time to time. I also

believe in demons which are disembodied souls of

criminals and evil giants or Nephilim. They influence

our brain. They study us, and see our weaknesses.

They lie and wait for an opportunity to release the

spirits of misfortune when you give in to their ideas

which are presented as your own in your head. They

tempt you.

You really believe tht alines exist alien.gif Im not so sure i mean the universe is a huge place but angels flying about in spaceships??? Cant they fly unassisted? all i know is that if aliens and ghost do exist, i definately dont want to see them lol crying.gif .

Angels arent real, nothing is real etc....

Angels are used as a counter balance to the insanity and evil of Man. Fondamantaly i don't believe in any religion, therefore angel and demons don't exist for me. But Humans need to have some one closer to them then god to be able to move on with all the tragedy in the world (either generated by Man or Demons).

Angels like gods were created to have a "icon" of good, in the lives of many.

The reason I posted the topic on angels:  I do believe spiritual beings look over us. Perhaps deceased love ones who watch over us as guardians of a sort.  My personal experience says I should be dead....one night attached by an unrelenting stalker (for which the police were no help), who broke into my home and came after me with a loaded gun.  He pointed the gun at me several times and tried to fire it, and then upon himself (after the police arrived).  The prosecuting attorney said I was one lucky lady.  Maybe just luck, but I also believe there were spiritual guardians around me that night...my dad, perhaps.

203513[/snapback]

First, I am glad you are still with us.

Regarding Angels, I might suggest reading the first few chapters of revelations, specifically the letters to the 7 churches. You will notice that the letters are addressed to the angels of the 7 churches, and not the churches themselves. The angels are being called back to their mission.

Angels (and demons, and other spirits) do exist, however they need to manifest themselves in something/someone. Alcoholism, for instance, is one way in which demons manifest themselves.

As far as aliens, who knows???

Angels are used as a counter balance to the insanity and evil of Man.

289222[/snapback]

You must be a pessimist. Men have, by their nature, the propensity to do both good and evil. We cannot do only good, as we would like and as God would like. Sin and evil are realities for us, but so also are grace and goodness.

well i'm pretty optimistic i just meant to say that only humans can be evil...or good for that mather.

well i'm pretty optimistic i just meant to say that only humans can be evil...or good for that mather.

289736[/snapback]

OK---that's cool. For a minute I thought you were saying all humans were basically evil.

Although I would think that Demons can be evil.

Edited by Independent1

For me Angels are real. A while ago we were having some major negative energy problems and it was suggested to call on my guardian angel to help me. I'd never done this before but it worked.

In day to day life when things are ok I think we tend to forget about our angels, but when we open our hearts to them, they will answer. I look on them as helpers to God. original.gif