Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your opinions please: Angels

artrox

There are good and bad angels. Satan himself is an example of a bad one...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Independent1

• Unorthodox Thesis

• Seraphina

• Ashley-Star*Child

Angels (and demons, and other spirits) do exist, however they need to manifest themselves in something/someone.  Alcoholism, for instance, is one way in which demons manifest themselves.

As far as aliens, who knows???

289297[/snapback]

Ok, that's not true, angels have a form but it is spiritual, but they CAN take on a human form of flesh and blood if there is a purpose for it. Their true form can be found in the descriptions given in the Book of Enoch. I should like be a spokesperson of that book, I keep referring to it lol. As for aliens, I've said before, I'd say they ARE demons.

Normal, God and Jesus, and Mary, etc are SPIRITUAL beings. Yes they have a form, but they don't NEED spaceships....Heaven IS in the Heavens (space), but nowhere does it ever refer to space ships. Stars are referred to as angels, as in fallen star, fallen angel. It even talks about that in Enoch (it was an extra book on Solomon actually) when asked what a falling star is and a demon said that fallen angels do go up to Heaven and hear what's going on etc, but unlike the angels who have God's favour, they had no resting place, so they fall, literally. Gotta think outside the square a bit there...

I'm gonna get a little poster that says READ THE BOOK OF ENOCH AND THE EXTRA LEFT OUT BIBLE BOOKS. Then I won't have to keep repeating myself....lol...

Angels (and demons, and other spirits) do exist, however they need to manifest themselves in something/someone. Alcoholism, for instance, is one way in which demons manifest themselves.

As far as aliens, who knows???

Do you think angels = God? Or that angels just sort of linger around and exist

for eternaty? Think about it.... what if angels had a past. Just like we have a

present. What if our desteny (if we follow God) is to become the celestial

attendants of God. And... have you not read the Bible? Don't you know

that God flies in chariots of fire that are described as clouds? Don't

you know that the throne of Jehovah God is high and awsome?

Don't you know, christians?..... that God is a real God, not a vauge

dim spirit lurking in an invisible world?

I'm gonna get a little poster that says READ THE BOOK OF ENOCH AND THE EXTRA LEFT OUT BIBLE BOOKS. Then I won't have to keep repeating myself....lol...

289946[/snapback]

They were left out for a reason---It is unsure how much truth they have versus how much heresy they have.

289946[/snapback]

They were left out for a reason---It is unsure how much truth they have versus how much heresy they have.

291100[/snapback]

If they were certainly true, they would not have been left out.

Independent...you say.."If they were certainly true, they would not have been left out."

I say with a warning...Do not be so eaisly decieved my friend. STUDY and you'll see what I mean.

Blessings.

291287[/snapback]

I'm not saying they are untrue. They might be true.

What I am saying is that they are not CERTAINLY true or DEFINATELY true.

If you are certain that they are true, show me the evidence that they are and i will believe.

wrong. they were left out because it was more of a historical record

than a message inspired by God. Angels should't concern us, thats all.

well, i dont know what you would call these beings, but.. one of my friends parents where involved in a car accident, where their car (people mover 8 seater) slid over for a few metres before it came to rest... out of no-where, 3 men appeared, asked if they were alright (thank goodness they were) then all worked together to put the van up on its wheels again.. needless to say they were a bit shaken, they got out to thank them for helping, and when they exited the van, the 3 men were no-where to be seen.. no cars, nothing.

Hi Independent,

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment....  and I'm sorry if I did.

Careful study of history shows that many of the writings were omitted on purpose for political reasons. Who knows for sure what is true and what is not? None of us do...but we DO know it's true that many books were left out in order for a 'government' type control of the people.

Much that we read in the Holy Bible was added as well as much taken away. It's all about 'control' of the peoples.

Thanks for your correction of what I misunderstood you to say.  Hope I didnt' offend you. (smiles)

291465[/snapback]

Since only the Levites had access to the bible, why would they need to leave out books to maintain control?

Again, I am not saying that Enoch is not true, I am just saying that we cannot be certain that it is true. We don't know if it is true or not. It sounds like we are on the same page on this.

it's like the Rammstein song, you'll see them if you believe, but that's also true for lost of things.

That's why the scientist research and the believers believe, it' a question of faith. I would have to see it to believe it, so i stand behind my statement of: Angels being the personification of good, as a good person is usually refered as an angel and that also goes for the demons. It like the Fountain fables where humans are replaced by animals to represent sociaty.

I have lost friends to suicide before and at funerals of all places, I've heard Christians and non Christians alike say, "Well, no doubt he/she went to hell."

Talk about p***ing off someone! That p***es ME off greatly cuz when you ask, "Where did you get that bull**** from, they can show NO Biblical reference and instead say.... "MY pastor or my parents told me so."

Well, jus THEM saying so DON'T make it so!

293183[/snapback]

It sometimes amazes me how followers of Jesus, a man of great compassion, can sometimes have so little compassion.

Suicide is a tragic (and shortsighted) act that leaves the family of the victim in shock and dismay. In the midst of that, when they most need compassion from their friends, for any Christian (or any non-christian for that matter) to make such a heartless statement at such a time just boggles my mind.

Most people who committ suicide are not in their right mind. Our God is one of compassion, as he revealed himself to be through his son, Jesus Christ. I have to believe that God understands the situation people are in when they committ suicide, and forgives them. He doesn't like that they destroyed one of his greatest gifts, their own life, but he forgives them.

Thought I would re-post this as it also fits into this thread...

When I think of angels, I think of my deceased mother - I don't know if she is an angel now but...One day I was so depressed and thinking about her death, having one of those soul crying moments and all of a sudden this musical, ceramic tea cup (that she gave me for my birthday) starting playing, "I Just Called To Say I Love You" . A little freaked out, but it soothed my soul and calmed my sadness. This I do believe about angels, light beings, shadow people, masters, deities, prophets, gurus, etc. If it is of LOVE, you will know it. I have heard awful stories of ghosts, demons, etc. which cause the opposite feelings and I am thankful that I have never experienced this. My experiences have ALWAYS been a feeling of LOVE, at least my experiences with 'the other side'. Some of my experiences in my life haven't always been of LOVE, if they had I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference

*waves her magic wand (its purple and sparkly) and sends her love to all of those who will accept it

*winks and thanks Anson Again, from Me Again

*waves and sends Sir Christopher, my brightest smile and best wishes

*Sends a special someone my sappiest story, knowing that he would never judge me

--------------------

When I think of angels I think of myself, a fallen star looking up with hope and understanding. We should all look into each others eyes and see an angel, even an angel in disguise wink2.gif

A psychic once told me that my words, would be considered those of an angel wub.gif

*winks again at her angel

Back then Pharasees believed in angels,

but Saducees did not.

My recommendation is that we need to clarify what an

angel is.

A guardian spirit or guiding influence.

A kind and lovable person.

One who manifests goodness, purity, and selflessness

source= www.dictionary.com

Of all the definitions of an angel, this is the one I prefer to use original.gif

Thank you Anson for your story wink2.gif I really liked it, especially because I have a collection of windchimes w00t.gif

Americans are great believers in angels.

78% of them do believe in angels! Compared to

61% of Canadians,

32% of French and

26% of English!

Personnally, I don't believe in angels and in all other entities such as saints, fairies, devils, ghosts, monsters and gods. First you would have to prove that a parallel unmaterial world exists and, second, that it is inhabited by certain entities.

wink2.gif

Edited by by-product of evolution

A guardian spirit or guiding influence.

so, you say.

Personnally, I don't believe in angels and in all other entities such as saints, fairies, devils, ghosts, monsters and gods. First you would have to prove that a parallel unmaterial world exists and, second, that it is inhabited by certain entities.

I agree. But when people are still doubting the existance of

the physical realm itself whether it be an illusion or reality

to be the only realm that does exist, its not surprisig that a

lot of people do not base their beliefs on the physical realm

but an invisible world that possibily does exists.

• 2 weeks later...

We are all angels, if you scroll up and look at the definition I chose to use. We have fallen and are here to realize who we are and what we are not. This world is the illusion, if you believe in infinity original.gif We are here, we are there, we are everywhere with God and his angels. *winks at her angel