Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The cats meow

StokerX

I have personally experienced a kitten meowing before a paranormal event. Now, the kitten doesn't exist. I never see it. It meows, and starts to sound like its moving if you try to follow it. Like its leading you to a certain spot were the event happens. I also have a friend who has heard it before something happens. Only once had it happened with us both together. Has anyone else heard of this?? Do you know why the cats meow happens? Or are we two that are alone on this? I think I'll google it, but would still like to hear your ideas. Thanks!

Stoker

a meow is connected to the paranormal? never heard of it.

but, im heard dogs barking many times, and not been able to see them.

What kind of "paranormal" events do you experience after you hear the kitten? Not that I'm doubting you, but I'd like to hear about your experiences.

How do you know it was a kitten?

In addition to orbs, I think all mention of cats should be prohibited from paranormal subjects :rolleyes:

1221606922SnhAKD.jpg

(relax I'm kidding)

In addition to orbs, I think all mention of cats should be prohibited from paranormal subjects :rolleyes:

1221606922SnhAKD.jpg

(relax I'm kidding)

Whew! The "Relax, I'm kidding" was a relief, haha. I have 5 cats and help rescue cats & dogs. ;)

Whew! The "Relax, I'm kidding" was a relief, haha. I have 5 cats and help rescue cats & dogs. ;)

And heaven forbid we not discuss them in paranormal forums :rolleyes:

And heaven forbid we not discuss them in paranormal forums :rolleyes:

:lol: Of course! They are such supernatural beings, right? Mine are my "familiars" since I zip around Hotlanta on a broom. :rofl:

:lol: Of course! They are such supernatural beings, right? Mine are my "familiars" since I zip around Hotlanta on a broom. :rofl:

Oh you are definiately the quintessential OCD cat-person alright :tu:

Nahhh....I'm just a smarta** who happens to love cats. Not a crazy cat lady, mind you. :P Carry on...

And to stay on topic, I'm still waiting to hear what kinds of paranormal activity occurs post meowsies...

Nahhh....I'm just a smarta** who happens to love cats. Not a crazy cat lady, mind you. :P Carry on...

And to stay on topic, I'm still waiting to hear what kinds of paranormal activity occurs post meowsies...

post meowsies?

Nope, nothing wrong there :innocent:

carry on. :rolleyes:

Edited by King Of Agony

Post meowsies was my cute, funny & apparently LAME attempt at humor. And where did the OP go??? :unsure:

Post meowsies was my cute, funny & apparently LAME attempt at humor. And where did the OP go??? :unsure:

Had to go clean the litter box. Zing!

Had to go clean the litter box. Zing!

My dog did that earlier....:blink: (TMI) Anyway, maybe he'll come back with some information soon...

What kind of "paranormal" events do you experience after you hear the kitten? Not that I'm doubting you, but I'd like to hear about your experiences.

Well, not to disappoint anyone, but rather mundane experiences such as seeing shadow figures, voices in the air, a touch on my skin from someone who isn't there.

The more extravagant experience is with both me, my friend, and his ex-wife. This is a bit lengthy, but I will try and keep it short. My friend and his ex use to be hitch hikers. They would travel across the country with their thumbs in the air. Well, some where in W Virgina they came across an old abandon house on highway 33 (I think, I'd have to ask my friend)and decided to go inside because it began to rain. Well, lets just say they had some interesting experiences inside the house. I wish I could tell you, but I wasn't there, and could not give the story justice. Anyway, a year later I decided to do some traveling with the two of them. I had my car, so I quite my job (before I had a family heh) and we set out on an adventure. We lived in rest areas, motels, and the side of the road while we traveled. We made it from Nebraska to Washington St, to Florida, to W Virgina where we decided to look for the house they had seen. We traveled up and down that highway for two days trying to find it. Of course, it had been a year so it could have been torn down. Now, what bugs me about trying to find this house is not that we couldn't find, but the locals that lived on the highway. We would stop, and walk up to them if they were in their yards. They were nicest people to us until we started asking questions about the house. Some would get all tense, and quiet. Some would simply walk away from us, and into their house. One old man yelled at us, told us it was non of our business, that we should just get the hell out the state, and never come back. Now, the kittens meow was heard I would say 75% of the time when we would stop and talk to the locals. Did they ALL have a kitten walking around in the woods, or an invisible one in their yard?? I really don't think so.

The whole experience dealing with this house that vanished, the locals, and the damn kitten meowing freaks me the hell out. Even as I sit here writing about it the memory chills me. I don't know what it is... if its a kitten at all. It sure sounds like one. I love cats, and know what they sound like heh. I was just curious if anyone had had the same thing happen to them.

Maybe it was a bird...

I have to say.....I have nothing. Very odd.

Maybe it was a bird...

you know, that was discussed. Let me just get one thing clear, I am very skeptical when it comes to this stuff. I analyze everything down to the last microscopical element (ok, maybe not that far), and so does my friend. I would not have pin pointed as a cats meow if I had not of heard the same thing in several different homes I have lived in.

Another thing, I am saying it sounds like a cat. What ever it is I have no idea, I've never seen it. I've been told it may be a spirit guide warning me. Even though I do believe in that, I cant say thats what I believe is this case. I know this is pretty off the wall, and I am starting to think that maybe we are alone on this.

Infact, check this out:

Gray Catbird

hmm very interesting, thanks! That may explain what we heard in W Virgina, because they are near the Carolinas, but not what I have heard in my home. Also, the locals and the missing house are still confusing.

Thanks again!

hmm very interesting, thanks! That may explain what we heard in W Virgina, because they are near the Carolinas, but not what I have heard in my home. Also, the locals and the missing house are still confusing.

Thanks again!

It's ALL pretty weird. I suppose that since it was an abandoned house, it's very plausible that it was torn down.

The angry locals are a bit strange, outside an episode of Scooby Doo

I live less than one mile from Route 33 in West Virginia.

I am not at all surprised to hear that the people you spoke to were really nice; West Virginians are renowned for their friendliness - that is, until certain subjects come up in conversation. The spiritual world is very close for many of us, and superstitions run deep in our culture. (And even in the 21st century, I wouldn't ask too many West Virginians whether they have a moonshine still up in the holler. You might not get a chance to ask another question. ;)) Anyway - I'm afraid I can't shed any light on the supernatural meows, but now I am incredibly curious about the location of the abandoned house in your story.

I live less than one mile from Route 33 in West Virginia.

I am not at all surprised to hear that the people you spoke to were really nice; West Virginians are renowned for their friendliness - that is, until certain subjects come up in conversation. The spiritual world is very close for many of us, and superstitions run deep in our culture. (And even in the 21st century, I wouldn't ask too many West Virginians whether they have a moonshine still up in the holler. You might not get a chance to ask another question. ;)) Anyway - I'm afraid I can't shed any light on the supernatural meows, but now I am incredibly curious about the location of the abandoned house in your story.

All I can remember is my friend telling me that it was across the street from an old white church. We found the church, and across the way was a clearing where the house could have been. Sorry I don't have more details.

Route 33, thanks for that!! It was driving me nuts heh

The quintessential OCD cat person? hmmm wonder if that is like the quintessential OCD para-forum poster :sleepy:

OP mentioned that the cat could possibly be a spirit guide. Just curious, why would a spirit guide sound like a cat? I'd sure as heck want a more helpful spirit guide than that. One that maybe had a GPS or something instead of just making me confused and annoyed. But that's just me.