Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Subliminal Test

_Only

Saw this tonight, and made enough of an impression for me to YouTube it. Try it out, then read my "spoiler" section afterwards. No need for a pen and paper; just use your mind (sorry to some, apparently it says not viewable in Guernsey, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey, or United Kingdom due to Channel 4 copyright junk).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHR3borm7T0

Amazed myself as I closed my eyes and pictured in my head something as they did; and it was a vase of flowers. I started thinking of a cat instantly, then followed his directions and the flowers came in and just felt right. Anybody else similar results? I don't know if it was a fluke, or I am just really susceptible to subconscious direction. Apparently they had been getting this suggestion for awhile. How about you guys? Please answer in "spoiler" form (in your reply box choose "other styles" above font style choices, then choose "spoiler".

Edited by Jerry Only

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• Blink4567

• Antimony

• Nims

• 2 weeks later...

is this the same guy who told a boy he could turn day into night before he's very eyes,then made the boy fall asleep,changed his wrist watch and woke him up at night time?

i seen the robbie williams episode,i seriously thought he was a wanna be comedian..

magicians have been doing this stuff for centuries,admitting it is illusion and manipulated,.i thought of a dinosaur..a long neck dinosaur.so if anybody else imagined that when veiwing this,i may believe it..im guessing skeptics is the reason they chucked in the two wrong people

Interesting, I thought of a pyramid in flames. Guess I won't be getting any subliminal cd's anytime soon.

is this the same guy who told a boy he could turn day into night before he's very eyes,then made the boy fall asleep,changed his wrist watch and woke him up at night time?

i seen the robbie williams episode,i seriously thought he was a wanna be comedian..

magicians have been doing this stuff for centuries,admitting it is illusion and manipulated,.i thought of a dinosaur..a long neck dinosaur.so if anybody else imagined that when veiwing this,i may believe it..im guessing skeptics is the reason they chucked in the two wrong people

It's lazy to say it's a setup. "

"At no point are actors or stooges used" is the disclaimer at the beginning of each of these episodes.

I thought of a flower, that's why I posted it. Was I a part of the setup??

Edited by Jerry Only

Aah the power of suggestion and misdirection. Gosh I love Derren Brown! :tu:

My hubby and I have collected most of his shows as we find them very entertaining. There's quite a few where he goes into detail how he does all of it too. He's just fantastic!

I just watched the youtube vid but I see the one where he's asking about the 7 faces and having to pick one out. I don't see the one that you're talking about in your first post sorry? :unsure2:

I thought of a donkey :blink: but of course i didnt have that relaxation cd, so that might be why :P The room they are in also consists of such round curved shapes, that might explain why some of you guys see similar shapes.

I decided on an image before D. Brown instructed the group to allow the music to influence the image.

Honestly, I chose something deliberately opposite of what I felt: Flames.

Edited by HDesiato

I don't think you can use this one test on here, Jerry. Darren Brown explained clearly that those people were not only selected for their suggestibility, but got to listen to that CD for a whole year.

So a couple of minutes will hardly do the trick.

I thought of a cloud, a white and fluffy cloud.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought of a little girl with curly blonde hair.

An apple came into mind for me.

Well, like the video said, all of these people have already been listening to this subliminal melody so it was easier for their subconscious to pick up the image. Only two people got it wrong because they didn't like the melody and weren't listening to it as long as the others.

I guess the only reason the original poster got it right is because he is extremely good with translating thought from his subconscious mind or out of pure luck.