Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stanton Friedman describes UFO cover up

UM-Bot

Veteran UFO investigator Stanton Friedman has echoed his views that we are in the midst of a cosmic Watergate. Friedman is one of the most respected researchers in the field and worked for 14 years as a nuclear physicist on several highly classified projects. "Some UFOs are intelligently controlled extraterrestrial spacecraft, and this is the biggest story of the millennium," he says.

""After 53 years of investigation, I'm convinced we're dealing here with a cosmic Watergate," he told AOL News. "That means a few people within major governments have known since at least 1947 that some UFOs are alien spacecraft. ""

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: AOL News

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• silentsinger

• psyche101

• T D Morris

• The Silver Thong

I want to believe he is right, that there are aliens coming here, would be interesting. But i just cant believe it without any undeniable proof, which i have never seen (i have seen UFO's myself, i just dont believe they're aliens).

I want to believe he is right, that there are aliens coming here, would be interesting. But i just cant believe it without any undeniable proof, which i have never seen (i have seen UFO's myself, i just dont believe they're aliens).

Unless one crashes(again?)its almost impossible to prove they are real, there are many non creditable sightings but like this "Maverick" says the ones that are make you wonder

I wish I could see a ufo dang it.

the sceptic in me thinks is all this just so he can sell his book

Your inner skeptic is probably right.$$$

Now what's wrong with that?

All his books contain scientific data and other reliable information (documents, eyewitness accounts etc.) and he uses arguments from both skeptical and ''believer'' viewpoints.

"You're fighting the forces of 'evil,' one might say -- arrogance and ignorance."

I'm with Friedman 100%

If I took the time to write a book, I would want to sell it and make money too. Who wouldn't?

Unless one crashes(again?)its almost impossible to prove they are real, there are many non creditable sightings but like this "Maverick" says the ones that are make you wonder

I guess you are right, there needs to be (another?) crash, preferably in my backyard, or i am not sure i'll believe it. Or maybe some day, the aliens visiting earth (if there are any visiting), will make sure we all know they are here. But until then, i will remain a skeptic, which means i dont believe, but also that i wont deny the possibility that i might be wrong.

There have been many ufo crashes some ours some alien the problem is as soon as ones down the military are on to it straight away and if your average joe blogs gets there first he or she are told to keep quite. If they go ahead and tell us what they saw it would be de-bunked. If there is nothing to cover up why cover it up ? The truth will come out eventually there are to many people asking questions and lets hope Obama keeps to his word!

No one would know about a book that was not publicized. Of course he is selling his book.

The Pic makes me think of the Amazing Randy. Is that supposed to be Friedman?

There have been many ufo crashes some ours some alien the problem is as soon as ones down the military are on to it straight away and if your average joe blogs gets there first he or she are told to keep quite. If they go ahead and tell us what they saw it would be de-bunked. If there is nothing to cover up why cover it up ? The truth will come out eventually there are to many people asking questions and lets hope Obama keeps to his word!

And how do you know about all those crashes(some of them alien) if they have all been covered up? If you have some information/proof, then maybe you could share it with the rest of us?

And how do you know about all those crashes(some of them alien) if they have all been covered up? If you have some information/proof, then maybe you could share it with the rest of us?

If i had info/proof do you really think anyone would believe me? There have been many that have tried to reveal these cover up's and have failed.

Roswell is a classic case 60 years and still no closer to finding out the truth and there have been plenty of high ranking official's that have tried.I used the word cover up as in we know something happened but we are given a different story as in Meteorite'or Falling space debris.We know the military are testing top secret spy planes an war planes this would account for the majority of crashes but not all of them!How many reports have you read and thought that doesn't sound right?

... and lets hope Obama keeps to his word!

You are joking, aren't you :lol:

I agree with Mr Friedman on one point, we certainly are fighting forces of arrogance and innocence. Anyone who takes the time to read this half baked tripe is just supporting a hobby industry based on fiction. From what I understand, Mr Friedman has not delved into Nuclear Physics for decades, he is not an actively practicing nuclear physicist, he just drags that moniker out at every opportunity to garner further support from noobs. It seems to work too, people tend to get all gooey over a couple letters after a name, even if they have no idea what they mean or if they are relevant to the investigation being carried out. He may be one of the most respected UFO claimants amongst the UFO nutter websites, but not mainstream science by a long shot. Quite a massive difference there IMO. With his credentials, one would expect that he could do better than repeat his tired version of events for Roswsell constantly, which is obvious balderdash hyped up to sell books. If he really does have some useful credentials, how about some theories on propulsion? Or a really good one, how about a theory on how ET manages to bypass the laws of physics and E=MC2?? Or regarding his claim of key players in the know, I'd love an explanation on how he is proposing World Governments co-operate when we cannot even stop the Japanese whalers or North Korea nuking whatever the hell they want to. Or why can ET manage physical stresses no other conceived creature can. Or, how he has managed to completely oust natural phenomena and black ops, especially considering the DARPA Falcon Project. Or why world Governments place all resources toward defending their countries against terrestrial threats, not outer space ones. If they have been on the ball since 1947, they have not made any preparations for our "visitors from another planet", in fact it took an Aussie amateur astronomer to inform NASA last year that a massive meteor hit Jupiter. We have plenty of people out there with theories, claims and other crap, I'd like to see just one of them put their money where their mouth is and come up with something better than 1950's sci fi. It's all too easy to use the cop out of "advanced technology beyond that of ours", this is where Michio Kaku leaves Mr Friedman in the dust.

It's just feelgood rhetoric for noobs that desire validation of ET.

With the discovery in recent years of hundreds of planets circling other suns, scientists continue to speculate that life is plentiful in the cosmos.

Plus, in 2008, the pope's chief astronomer, the Rev. Gabriel Funes, proclaimed that intelligent beings created by God might actually exist in outer space, and that it wouldn't contradict a belief in God.

All of that gives Friedman hope.

This gives hope? I think people have been expecting planets for quite some time. Finding none would have been a tremendous shock and against science as we know it, and proclamations by the popes astronomer? This is the research people hold dear? Gracious.

Jacques Vallee is light years ahead of Mr. Friedman IMHO. There is just much better information out there to consider than beating up Roswell for 60+ years. That ET horse is a pile of broken bones. Friedman/Roswell bah humbug. Just reading the above erroneous comments on Roswell makes me a sad Panda. People should know better than to just jump on the most sensational story. Remember, there is ALWAYS 2 sides to a story.

If i had info/proof do you really think anyone would believe me? There have been many that have tried to reveal these cover up's and have failed.

Roswell is a classic case 60 years and still no closer to finding out the truth and there have been plenty of high ranking official's that have tried.I used the word cover up as in we know something happened but we are given a different story as in Meteorite'or Falling space debris.We know the military are testing top secret spy planes an war planes this would account for the majority of crashes but not all of them!How many reports have you read and thought that doesn't sound right?

Empirical proof, yes indeed, a communique like the WOW! signal, a probe sent here, Independence Day type scenario, or dinner with a Vogon. None of which cannot be denied.

Flimsy evidence that can plausibly be replicated here on earth, or imaginative ideas are not valuable contributions toward resolving this fascinating phenomenon. That is the realm of Science Fiction.

It's funny how people say where is the proof?

There are thousands and thousands of photos and eyewitnesses. The number I heard was over 11 million. Some sites even have physical evidence but it all gets ignored. The odds of a staggering coincidence go out the window with these numbers.

Even if 99% of the sightings are birds or other stuff, that leaves over 100,000 that are real. It only takes a few eye witnesses to sentence a man to death for murder, yet 100,000 eye witnesses and physical evidence isn't enough for people to say the government is quilty of a cover up just because they didn't see it with their own eyes eventhough others have and have snapped photos.

The same skeptics will say the world is round, yet none of them have been in space to see for themselves. The same people believe a man went to the moon just because a few photos were taken on the moon and the government says it was done. The same skeptics believe Einsteins theories are 100% accurate even though one laboratory confirmed his theory in 1919 and one did not, and Einstein admitted his theories may be invalid under certian conditions.

Anyone who questions these are laughed at and thought to be crazy even though the questions are valid and yet the people laughing and calling people crazy for not believing the little bit of evidence in these cases are the same ones that call UFO believers crazy for lack of evidence with 11 million eyewitnesses. The world is so obsessed with poltical correctness that the forest can't be seen for all the trees in the way.

Edited by Astute One

It's funny how people say where is the proof?

There are thousands and thousands of photos and eyewitnesses. The number I heard was over 11 million. Some sites even have physical evidence but it all gets ignored. The odds of a staggering coincidence go out the window with these numbers.

Even if 99% of the sightings are birds or other stuff, that leaves over 100,000 that are real. It only takes a few eye witnesses to sentence a man to death for murder, yet 100,000 eye witnesses and physical evidence isn't enough for people to say the government is quilty of a cover up just because they didn't see it with their own eyes eventhough others have and have snapped photos.

The same skeptics will say the world is round, yet none of them have been in space to see for themselves. The same people believe a man went to the moon just because a few photos were taken on the moon and the government says it was done. The same skeptics believe Einsteins theories are 100% accurate even though one laboratory confirmed his theory in 1919 and one did not, and Einstein admitted his theories may be invalid under certian conditions.

Anyone who questions these are laughed at and thought to be crazy even though the questions are valid and yet the people laughing and calling people crazy for not believing the little bit of evidence in these cases are the same ones that call UFO believers crazy for lack of evidence with 11 million eyewitnesses. The world is so obsessed with poltical correctness that the forest can't be seen for all the trees in the way.

It is far more hilarious that people turn any skyward phenomena they see into Aliens on earth. It is far more arrogant to assume we know all there is to know about mother nature, and say, well, not from here! Some of the so called photographs have turned out to be bits of bubblegum on glass, yet one can bet rags to riches that it will be formally counted in the above statistic.

Just what are the remaining anomalies? Who is qualified to say without doubt, that is indeed ET? Nobody on this planet I'd say.

And what theory of Einstein are you speaking of? He had many, yet very relevant ones like E=MC2 are not being broken, but validated.

And, I look into space at least 3 times a week with a 10" Dobsonian, or a 4" Celestron, you?

Do I believe that Aliens do not exist? Not at all, I do doubt an earthly presence though.

Anybody familiar with Stanton knows that he absolutely would not make something up or showboat in any way just to increase sales for his book!!!

Stanton Friedman doesn't in ufos ? I don't believe that.

Damn, why does it have to be saucers not best for space transportation in my opinion and how fast should they go? it should be the speed of light to reach here or have they found out the secrets of the "Warm hole" :ph34r:.