Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2010 Football World Cup!

keithisco

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cetacea

• Eldorado

• Space Commander Travis

• questionmark

I am going to admit I am sort of hoping the US beat England, it will just be so amusing to watch the ensuing media row :innocent:

USA wont manage it as England are too strong.

Englands Midfield and Attack are totally brutal. Our defence is okay.

Well France look the best team so far their football is very fluid and their skills are impressive. Almost what you would expect from Brazil!

Not at all, dour, slow unincisiveness play with no end product.

Most hideously overrated team around, you can see why China beat them.

Oh come now.. if it were REAL football, they'd be wearing helmets!

</GIGGLE FONT>

I'm just talking smack here. Soccor is about the only sport that I have any interest in and I don't even follow it. About the most I do is stop channel surfing for a few seconds to see who's playing and who's ahead.

That said, I have to admit that watching guys in athletic gear running around chasing a ball, (as in Football, Football/Soccor, Baseball, basketball, Softball), it all strikes me as vaguely homo-erotic. I'm not anti-gay, I'm not afraid of gays or anything like that. I just don't have any interest in watching sweaty muscular men running around in shorts and/or tight clothing.

What? Just me?

LOL! I kid! Up The IRONS!

Looks like everyone is the running for the "Wooden Spoon" award so farlaugh.gif No correct predictions for the opening matches.....huh.gif

Step up to the plate and post your predictions....

USA 1-0 (or 2-1) England. yes.gif

We agree it is going to be a close call either way....

Time for my wild predictions for Saturday:

England 3 - USA 0

Korea 0 - Greece 2

Argentina 2 - Nigeria 1

Time for my wild predictions for Saturday:

England 3 - USA 0

Korea 0 - Greece 2

Argentina 2 - Nigeria 1

i'll go for

England 4 USA 0

Korea 1 Greece 2

Argentina 7 Nigeria 0

Been a **** world cup so far, (early days) Football is all about scoring one more goal then your opponent. yet the way its being played for bore draws. the world cup, world stage for the beautiful game. seen better in the under twelve - Sunday league.

Korea 2 - 1 Greece

Argentina 3 - 1 Nigeria

England 1 - 0 USA

USA wont manage it as England are too strong.

Englands Midfield and Attack are totally brutal. Our defence is okay.

Really? England's midfield has Gerrard who can play football, Lampard who can shoot and get 50 deflections and that is about it, the rest are very average players imo and are incapable of controlling a game.

Edited by Mattshark

My Predictions for Saturday minus South Korea v Greece.

Argentina 3 - 1 Nigeria, Obafemi Martins :P

England 2 - 1 USA or USA 1 - 0 England

It really depends how England plays today and who is starting.

Edited by CryptidConnor

Korea 2 - 0 Greece.

I'm surprised how many people thought Greece would win that game, they are as awful as they were in the Euro's 2 years ago.

Really? England's midfield has Gerrard who can play football, Lampard who can shoot and get 50 deflections and that is about it, the rest are very average players imo and are incapable of controlling a game.

Yeah, and they still have a dinosaur playing football for them, Emille Heskey??, Man, I thought he was atleast 45 now but he's just 32. He's been around forever.

England 3-1 USA (Clint Dempsey scores a header or something)

Argentina 4-0 Nigeria

South Korea get 2 goals past Greece. Bizarre, but that is the game.

Messi is really giving Nigeria problems, but a 1 - 0 lead at this stage of the game is still a surprise. It could still go either way at the moment - and there is always the chance of a surprise result here.

I agree with Stevewinn, too much defensive play makes for boring games.

I have a house full of Spaniards, USA Americans, and Englanders - my posts will certainly become less coherent as the evening goes on (no change there then!!rolleyes.gif )..... they have almost demolished my treasured collection of Real Ale from England hmm.gif

South Korea get 2 goals past Greece. Bizarre, but that is the game.

Not really, far better team with a infinitely better WC record, unlike Greece, they have scored in a WC before.

Not really, far better team with a infinitely better WC record, unlike Greece, they have scored in a WC before.

Argentina are looking good in attack.

Just for everybody out there who cant watch this on tv. TVUplayer is free to download and use. You only have to pay to record programs so you can watch live football over the internet and it has a 100 of the worlds sports channels on it.

Argentina are looking good in attack.

:yes: Definitely one of the more interesting games so far, hoping the standard will keep improving.

Rooney, Crouch, Joe Cole, Shawn Wright Phillips?

:yes: Definitely one of the more interesting games so far, hoping the standard will keep improving.

They might end up being the winners and stand a good chance of despatching England.

Rooney, Crouch, Joe Cole, Shawn Wright Phillips?

Rooney is a forward

Crouch is a forward

Joe Cole is injured a lot and inconsistent, there is a good reason why his Chelsea contract has not been renewed.

Wright-Phillips is all pace, no skill and no end product.

Edited by Mattshark

Rooney is a forward

Crouch is a forward

Joe Cole is injured a lot and inconsistent, there is a good reason why his Chelsea contract has not been renewed.

Wright-Phillips is all pace, no skill and no end product.

and the USA has?

I've just been on the Ladbrokes website and the odds of England winning the World Cup are significantly higher than Americas chances. kind of says it all really.

England is one of the favourites to win because we have a World Class team.

Edited by Power Lust

and the USA has?

I've just been on the Ladbrokes website and the odds of England winning the World Cup are significantly higher than Americas chances. kind of says it all really.

England is one of the favourites to win because we have a World Class team.

The US is not a great team and England will almost certainly beat them

England is one of the favourites because of a lot of bets on them, the reality is they are a decent side but not much else, they have only 2 world class players though, Gerrard and Rooney, the rest are good to average at best. QF at best, I doubt they'll beat Serbia or Germany in the 2nd round though.

Edited by Mattshark

well since the first to matches are played already i wont predict them anymore. But england beats USA 3-1