Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2010 Football World Cup!

keithisco

Who the heck is Green?! He made a kindergarten mistake and allowed USA to equalise disgust.gif Now I am concerned. England were running rings around a lacklustre USA team but then this ....it beggars belief....I am so depressed that I am buying a round of beers for all my chums at the bar. At the very least I will have no memory of this tomorrow ("please drink sensibly" - **** to that!!)

What? Now I cant even say A**e? this is beyond a joke mods. Perhaps I should just say "Bottoms"

Edited by keithisco

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cetacea

• Eldorado

• Space Commander Travis

• questionmark

At 51 minutes Heskey has an open goal - decides to kick the ball straight at the USA goalkeeper - what was he thinking of? At 60 mins : Dempsey - what a baby, hardly got touched and yet goes down crying -

At 62 minutes Lampard forces a corner only to be denied by an England poor folow through.

USA come storming back and is was so close to to USA 2 England 1

This match is following the same tired formula as always follows England...

Edited by keithisco

Who the heck is Green?! He made a kindergarten mistake and allowed USA to equalise disgust.gif Now I am concerned. England were running rings around a lacklustre USA team but then this ....it beggars belief....I am so depressed that I am buying a round of beers for all my chums at the bar. At the very least I will have no memory of this tomorrow ("please drink sensibly" - **** to that!!)

What? Now I cant even say A**e? this is beyond a joke mods. Perhaps I should just say "Bottoms"

Well Keithisco, if you were to say, "Bottoms up" to your chums at the bar when you buy the round of beers, you will not be breaching any UM rules, right? B)

Cheers, and enjoy the beer, :tu:

Karlis

Heskey off and Crouch is on (an ex Southampton player) things could change for the better now. Hats off to the USA Goalkeeper - a big future ahead for him in the UK Game.

Pressure is mounting against USA - but is it too late? 1 goal would change the fortunes for either camp in a very difficult Group.

Thoroughly enjoyable so far - best match of the WC so far

Well Keithisco, if you were to say, "Bottoms up" to your chums at the bar when you buy the round of beers, you will not be breaching any UM rules, right? cool.gif

Cheers, and enjoy the beer, thumbsup.gif

Karlis

Point taken Karlis blush.gif

What a great match!!

England = Ridiculously overrated team.

Best players - 2 Liverpool players - Gerrard and Johnson.

Edited by Mattshark

USA, congratualtions with the 1-1 against England.

If you people can play like that for the rest of the championship, you will get far.

thumbsup.gif

Well - its all over now , bar the post match analysis. USA played a solid game, and you can see how they can become a major force in World Football.

The low point for me was Green (England Goalkeeper) whose elementary mistake gave away the Eng advantage. But... the World Cup is the biggest venture and nerves will always play a big part. Rooney, worked hard (as always) but was not on his best form, and the England midfielders just didnt give him enough opportunity to play his usual game.

On the whole... a great result for USA, and a springboard from which the England team can learn. Bring Crouch on earlier, play Heskey for 30 mins then sub him. Perhaps even play Rooney for the last 60mins when his pace and eye for detail will be of the greatest benefit.

No complaints overall, an entertaining match - and now the "Yanks" (OK, southern and Northern USA chaps) have promised a mammoth session if they dont losewacko.gif . Will do my best to keep England's honour intact laugh.gif

I have to see it this way, the Americans were out to disturb the English team, the English team fell for it and was lucky not to loose.

Now...Greece and Rehhagel... that either gets better or they can sit on the beach soon.

I have to see it this way, the Americans were out to disturb the English team, the English team fell for it and was lucky not to loose.

Now...Greece and Rehhagel... that either gets better or they can sit on the beach soon.

:lol:

You can't be surprised mate, Greece have only ever won a game in one tournament ever (Euro 04 obv) and never scored in the world cup finals.

Pure comedy genius from the English goalkeeper.

Other than that - the US played a lot better than I expected. Well done, chaps.

USA, congratualtions with the 1-1 against England.

If you people can play like that for the rest of the championship, you will get far.

thumbsup.gif

My God Englands performance was poor!

and where did they find fumble fingers Green? Never heard of him.

England = Ridiculously overrated team.

Best players - 2 Liverpool players - Gerrard and Johnson.

spot on mate, we need balance, balance and ability is the key, England have ability in most of the players but the team has no balance. Lennon and Wright Philips just run down blind alleys. then we revert to good old fashioned 1970's crap of long balls to the target men. Heskey then Crouch.

Lets be honest, the Yanks don't know much about the game they cant even get the name right. we should have battered them.

England should have been 4-3-3 and went for the kill. its the world cup for heaven sake.

Even though i love footie am losing faith in this so called modern game. maybe i was spoilt as a kid watching Liverpool playing the closest thing to total football when Kenny Dalglish was manager.the best style of football ever witnessed at Anfield - my dad and uncle took me to see Liverpool Crystal Palace as a birthday present. we won 9 -0 earlier that year we beat Swansea? 7 nil.

am looking forward to Spain, see if our man Torres can light the tournament up. nice to see alonso in action and Arbeloa. does anyone know is Pepe is starting in goal?

Okay - Comedy predictions for tomorrow's matches:

Algeria v Slovenia 0-1

Serbia v Ghana 2-1

Germany v Australia 2-0

Algeria v Slovenia 0-1

Serbia v Ghana 2-1

Germany v Australia 2-0

Well, in view of the actual political turmoil in Germany I would rather like to see Germany V Australia 0-2 .... would like to see how long Mrs. Merkel is Chancellor after that...

Has anyone noticed any change in the way the new balls are behaving. Goalies hate them, strikers love them. I was expecting higher goal marigins but we will just have to wait and see.

Pure comedy genius from the English goalkeeper.

Other than that - the US played a lot better than I expected. Well done, chaps.

I know, when I saw that all I could say was Rhut-Rho... LOL. But, a point is a point no matter how inelegant.

And, my sister and brother in law's fellow University of Portland soccer alumni and friend Steve Chrundolo was ranked the second best player of the day! There's some hooliganism goin' on in my family today. LOL. They're all nuts for footy. Me? Gimmee a good baseball game anyday, but soccer is a distant second favorite.

Lets be honest, the Yanks don't know much about the game they cant even get the name right. we should have battered them.

Now that REALLY depends on where those Yanks live. Come to the Pacific Northwest and you'll find that people here PACK OUT the stadiums for major league soccer. It's nearly impossible to get a seat for an FC Sounders game in Seattle. Soccer is most popular in Seattle, Portland, northern California and Colorado has a pretty representation as well. Our fans know the game as well as any Englishman and our games are just as loud and rowdy. :D

I went to Spain last summer with my folks... where was our VERY first stop on the iternerary? Oh ya, the Barcelona pitch. LOL. My father wakes up at 4am sometimes just to watch a game live. LOL.

After a night of less - than, and undeserved - quaffing of ale (rolleyes.gif ) these are my predictions for today (probably as wide of the mark as most of Englands chances last nighthappy.gif .....

Algeria v Slovenia 0-3

Serbia v Ghana 2-2

Germany v Australia 2-2

MissMW: You should put Santiago Bernabéu top of your list for your next trip to Spain thumbsup.gif

Stevewinn: Final lineup for Spain's opener has not been announced yet, I would expect to see Pepe in it though ( real name: José Manuel Reina Páez). Madrid is his birthplace and if he puts on a characteristically brilliant display the city will be partying big - time. But as they are playing Switzerland I dont think he will be taxed very heavily

Edited by keithisco

Now that REALLY depends on where those Yanks live. Come to the Pacific Northwest and you'll find that people here PACK OUT the stadiums for major league soccer. It's nearly impossible to get a seat for an FC Sounders game in Seattle. Soccer is most popular in Seattle, Portland, northern California and Colorado has a pretty representation as well. Our fans know the game as well as any Englishman and our games are just as loud and rowdy. :D

I went to Spain last summer with my folks... where was our VERY first stop on the iternerary? Oh ya, the Barcelona pitch. LOL. My father wakes up at 4am sometimes just to watch a game live. LOL.

I still think you Americans are over confident in your teams ability. One match against a team that makes a blunder and you manage a draw doesnt qualify you as World Class.

In these competitions the first few matches are usually lacklustre as the teams need to gel together. Yes USA will make it to the next round as has always been expected but then Germany will destroy you with their brutal efficency. England, France and Argentina are also out their waiting for their chance before you even get to the final match all of which would destroy you if they play right on the night.

Algeria v Slovenia 0-1

Serbia v Ghana 2-1

Germany v Australia 2-0

Algeria 2 Slovenia 0

Serbia 0 Ghana 0

Germany 3 Australia 1

Algeria 2 Slovenia 0

Serbia 0 Ghana 0

Germany 3 Australia 1

I am hoping Ghana manage to scrape a win but would be happy with that Germany result and tentatively agree with that one!

But then Germany is always good for a surprise, the question just is a good or bad one :unsure2:

First half lol.

I just watched the last 20 mins and it was poor and yes totally lacklustre.

Oh well roll on England. Lets teach them Americans a lesson over BP!

5-0 will be nice.

please explain how we need to learn a lesson because of BP? i live in south louisiana and im not sure how i need to learn a lesson from BP's incompetence and penny pinching causing major tragedy...just wondering?

i think the aussies will beat the germans myself. without ballack i can't imagine germany would be the same team. with ballack i would have put money on them winning the tournament.

and i think the africans will win both of the other matches today.

Edited by expandmymind