Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2010 Football World Cup!

keithisco

And While I am here.

If you have a political comment to make please create a new thread for it. This one is for discussing team performances and games not government issues.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cetacea

• Eldorado

• Space Commander Travis

• questionmark

Commentator: Spain that have never lost in the group stages and are expected to go through comfortably...

Cetacea(to Mattshark): Well they're looking a bit rubbish but I don't think they will lose to Switzerland...

Switzerland score. :unsure2:

Incredible.

Waaaaaa!!!!!no.gif Switzerland winning?? Torres and Navas come on - about time to - Torres has been itching to get on the pitch. With 22 minutes normal time left Spain are putting together some moves. If Spain loses at least I will get some sleep tonight.original.gif

Xavi and Jesús (Pronounced Shabby and Hey! Zeus!!) !!!Could just turn this around.....thumbsup.gif The "Saviour" and the "Tramp"laugh.gif

Edited by keithisco

Wow that was close! Switzerland hit the post again! Lucky Spain! This is not what I expected to happen!

Spain Lost, i didn't expect that, but the swiss were really good. Oh well, England FTW! :P

Edited by RaZoR_ninja

Weel done to Switzerland - the favourites are just not performing. Off to my local now, at least it will be REALLY quiet crying.gif **Shuffles Off - Head Hanging Low**

Weel done to Switzerland - the favourites are just not performing. Off to my local now, at least it will be REALLY quiet crying.gif **Shuffles Off - Head Hanging Low**

One of the best matches to watch so far so well done Switzerland.

Your players arent the best but tactically you are very good.

I reckon the giants are going to tumble in this WC, you mark my words.

Who knows, this might mean that England might make it beyond the second round.

Though I doubt it.

Edited by 747400

Hmmm... did Spain ever get past the initial phase of a world championship? But to the causes: If you have 11 "divas" you tend to have no team...and the others tend to win... regardless of how many millions Real Madrid can spend on players.

His shots are miles above the net

Torres Torres

He couldnt score in a hookers bed

Torres Torres

Overrated, Overpaid

Plays for a team in 7th place

Fernaaaaando Torreeees

Carragher does his nails

His shots are miles above the net

Torres Torres

He couldnt score in a hookers bed

Torres Torres

Overrated, Overpaid

Plays for a team in 7th place

Fernaaaaando Torreeees

Carragher does his nails

Must be nice singing that all the way down there in the Championship.

Edited by Mattshark

And While I am here.

If you have a political comment to make please create a new thread for it. This one is for discussing team performances and games not government issues.

OK. I admit, I sometimes get a bit over-heated.

But calling my comment 'racist' is an insult too.

===========

Anyway, I like the surprise created by the Swiss team; I was more or less waiting for the Spaniards to score one of at least 3 goals, and then this, lol.

anyone care to explain the points system to a newbie...-1 and+1 and how it progress you into the next level?

anyone care to explain the points system to a newbie...-1 and+1 and how it progress you into the next level?

0 points for a loss

1 point for a draw

3 points for a win

The team with the most points wins the group and they, along with the runners up proceed to the 2nd round which is knockout games. The teams who finish 3rd and 4th in group are eliminated.

If the teams are tied on points, goal difference (goals scored - goals conceded) is used to separate the sides.

In the group stages there are 8 groups with 4 teams ....each team in the group play each other....1 point for a draw , 3 points for a win....the best two team from each group go through to the next round, the knockout stages

0 points for a loss

1 point for a draw

3 points for a win

The team with the most points wins the group and they, along with the runners up proceed to the 2nd round which is knockout games. The teams who finish 3rd and 4th in group are eliminated.

If the teams are tied on points, goal difference (goals scored - goals conceded) is used to separate the sides.

SNAP :tu:

this world cup so far as been very poor. i remember as a kid watching the world cups and seeing tricks and skills never seen before. i remember feeling the tension in italia 90 and again in 1994, especially when Ireland played Italy and Ray Houghton score a 30 yarder. and John Aldridge losing the plot in the next game. happy days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3v7J-8HOdc

out of all the teams ive seen argentina impressed me the most .this mesi fellow can play a bit

My heavens above, another shock result. See what i was saying? it'll be North korea winning, at this rate.

My heavens above, another shock result. See what i was saying? it'll be North korea winning, at this rate.

no shock there...south africa world ranking ...83 Uruguay....16

Edited by Bogeyman