Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2010 Football World Cup!

keithisco

Lol I don't know. It seems to me that the females have stopped posting in this thread, at least for the last few pages that I checked anyway.

I guess I'm just not a proper footy fan. ^^ Although if it was Germany there instead of Spain, I would not be this unbothered.

Women only watch football to see guys legs.....and to annoy their bf's or husbands or sons with idiotic questions during the game. (In my experience)

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cetacea

• Eldorado

• Space Commander Travis

• questionmark

Women only watch football to see guys legs.....and to annoy their bf's or husbands or sons with idiotic questions during the game. (In my experience)

And yet you tell me to get back to the this thread? :P

Well Paul said Germany would win..... since Paul is seemingly all knowing I hope he's right or he will really go in the Paella.

Germany did play well in the last third place play off so I'm hoping they will be at least moderately exciting today. Also hope Marin gets some more game time, I was hoping to see some more of him after seeing him play a few times in friendlies where he looked quite promising.

I guess I'd like Spain to win, at least then we would have been beaten by the World Champion then... Apart from that I just can't support Holland...

Also hope Marin gets some more game time, I was hoping to see some more of him after seeing him play a few times in friendlies where he looked quite promising.

What you really mean is you think he's cute. I know you women.

lol

Edited by Eldorado

What you really mean is you think he's cute. I know you women.

lol

Erm, have you seen what Marin looks like? He's like a geeky 12 year old. I'm afraid on my personal cuteness scale Germany's team doesn't rank that high. Not my taste.

Hmmm could be, but I would say

Germany 4 - Uruguay 0 one Uruguayan will be sent off with a red card.

Netherlands 2 Spain 3, where Spain gets the three first, will fall in their usual prima-donna habitus and will see two balls behind the goalie before they know what happened.

4-0 Germany @ 28/1

3-2 Spain @ 35/1

That would be a nice double...

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/g/6835/Correct-Score.html

Erm, have you seen what Marin looks like? He's like a geeky 12 year old. I'm afraid on my personal cuteness scale Germany's team doesn't rank that high. Not my taste.

I know Germany has a young squad, but 12yr olds? Mein Gott.

I know Germany has a young squad, but 12yr olds? Mein Gott.

Lol, that would be where the word 'looks' comes in :P Luckily he doesn't play like one either!

Only one thing wrong with that though. Uruguay don't have as good players as Spain. lol

I know, that's why i predicted a one all draw.

I know, that's why i predicted a one all draw.

You could be right, Hetro.

Germany play on the counter attack but so do Uruguay. So it could be one of those boring games, but I hope not. Don't want to be watching a midfield battle; would rather see both teams just going hell for leather. Nothing to lose really.

Alright, the 3rd/4th playoff is about to kick off. I'm about headed off to bed, but I'll throw my lot in with Paul the psychic octopus and tip Germany to win. Uruguay has played well - indeed, they exceeded my expectations, but just like their last match, I don't think they have the player's to worry Germany.

But if I'm wrong, poor Paul the Octopus has nothing to fear from me. No need to worry about any paella or seafood dish for me - I'm allergic to most types of seafood, and generally don't like the taste of any of the rest that I can eat.

I'll be putting my lot behind Germany tonight, in any case. As for tomorrow's match.... I guess I'll let you know tomorrow :P

Well, here we go, hoping Suarez gets what he deserves.... :innocent:

Can't believe he of all people is moaning about handball.... it's ok as long as it's him that's 'taking one for the team', then it's something to be proud of but goodness forbid if someone else so much accidentally touches it...

At least he's being booed by the fans in the stadium. Rightly so.

Spain has a new National Flag!!!

post-54624-060034400 1278772387_thumb.jp

Lol. Yeah, I heard you guys want to name him "Pablo" now. ^^

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else is watching this but Uruguay vs. Germany is 1:1 so far.

Octopus smarter than we thought?

Looking at the progress of the game I am starting to suspect that the Octopus heard about German fans trying to fry him and said Germany was going to win against better knowledge...

That was a decent first half.

Uruguay look like they want it more, imo.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else is watching this but Uruguay vs. Germany is 1:1 so far.

Not a bad game but not the score line I was hoping for-yet anyway. We'll see how it goes. There were a few good chances at the beginning but Uruguay got back into it better than I would have hoped. Ah well at least I can feel like we're 'there' same crappy weather...

NO MATE!! That is so wrong in so many ways - you have jinxed us now it is "Pedro Pulpo"... please say this 3 times whilst quaffing a San Miguel beer... Please!!! :unsure2:

Octopus smarter than we thought?

Looking at the progress of the game I am starting to suspect that the Octopus heard about German fans trying to fry him and said Germany was going to win against better knowledge...

I cannot believe all of the Octopus recipes on the net at the moment!

What a GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! Forlannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Edited by Eldorado

Netherlands - Spain: 4 - 1

Unfortunately for Spain, they don't stand any chance at all.

In your dreams Aztur :rolleyes: Spain will romp this - Cheese and smoked eel for the Dutch, Jamon Iberico and Med Veg for España makes all the difference... :yes: Dont burst my bubble! I expect some serious "Parteying" tomorrow night... Podemos Ole!

Come on Germany!! Looking good now - I love the Schwabischer Bauerntopft. 3 - 2 please - no penalties