Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
keithisco

2010 Football World Cup!

959 posts in this topic

Bogeyman

English foooty fans can you please answer me this....why of why are the tv panelists either blind or stupid...Leaving aside that idiot adrian chiles and his big kid attitude to games. WHY did every pundit last night say that Heskey gets a thumbs up and was a good choice :unsure2: .

If you don't know3 what i mean watch the game again....first off he puts Lampard AND Gerard on together...and sure enough they manage to effectivley cancel each other out, :unsure2: , knowing this is likely to happen Capello opts to go route 1 to Heskey......now guys watch again, for every ball heskey knocked down to an english player, he knocked 3 down to American players ......don't take my word for it look again. :blink:

If i can see this why can't supposedly some of the best to play the game ....INCLUDING Patric Vierra ....jeez louise.

Come on ITV you can do better.

Cetacea

i think the aussies will beat the germans myself. without ballack i can't imagine germany would be the same team. with ballack i would have put money on them winning the tournament.

and i think the africans will win both of the other matches today.

Of course football is not a one man team and Ballack was non existent in the last World Cup he played... but everyone to their opinion. Germany is lacking some good players (Ballack being the one I mourn the least)that is true but Germany's main problem is overconfidence with teams like Australia, that's what I'm concerned about.

Cetacea

Very impressed and a little surprised by Ghana! Hoping they keep it up! GO BLACK STARS!

stevewinn

English foooty fans can you please answer me this....why of why are the tv panelists either blind or stupid...Leaving aside that idiot adrian chiles and his big kid attitude to games. WHY did every pundit last night say that Heskey gets a thumbs up and was a good choice :unsure2: .

If you don't know3 what i mean watch the game again....first off he puts Lampard AND Gerard on together...and sure enough they manage to effectivley cancel each other out, :unsure2: , knowing this is likely to happen Capello opts to go route 1 to Heskey......now guys watch again, for every ball heskey knocked down to an english player, he knocked 3 down to American players ......don't take my word for it look again. :blink:

If i can see this why can't supposedly some of the best to play the game ....INCLUDING Patric Vierra ....jeez louise.

Come on ITV you can do better.

the TV pundits judgement is questionable. am fed up with lard ass Lampard he brings very little to the team. he's got no pace, for starters and if the 25 yard strikes are off target then its a waste of time having him on the field.

Heskey send him home. hopeless. the young lad Johnson from man city should have been picked in the 23 squad.

England should say f-it, its the world cup lets play football. should line up with a 4-3-3

GK Hart,

RB Johnson

CB Dawson (Carragher has lost what little pace he had)

CB Terry

LB A.Cole

RM J.Cole (priority get to the byline and cross)

CM Gerrard

LM Warnock (priority get to the byline and cross)

ss Crouch

CF Rooney

CF Defoe

and attack attack attack. okay, they score 2 we score 3 they score five we score six. lets play and make our games memorable. its a one off for most players.

Edited by stevewinn

MissMelsWell

I still think you Americans are over confident in your teams ability. One match against a team that makes a blunder and you manage a draw doesnt qualify you as World Class.

Read again, I NEVER said I was confident in their abilities. LOL. All I said is that football is really popular in some parts of the USA, like the area I live in and we know our footy up here; just as well as Englishmen know thier footy. We here in the USA know we're rooting for the underdog in a BIG way.

Cetacea

YES! Wohoo, go Ghana! Now Germany just has to win too :D

Pseudo Intellectual

i think the aussies will beat the germans myself.

Me, too; probably 1-0. It's always bad to underestimate your opponent. ;)

asc.rudeboy

Read again, I NEVER said I was confident in their abilities. LOL. All I said is that football is really popular in some parts of the USA, like the area I live in and we know our footy up here; just as well as Englishmen know thier footy. We here in the USA know we're rooting for the underdog in a BIG way.

rooting for the underdog is almost as American as baseball and apple pie haha.

Mattshark

rooting for the underdog is almost as American as baseball and apple pie haha.

I dispute the Americanism of apple pie and baseball :P We've made apple pies since at least before the 14th century and baseball was invented in England :P.

To be fair a lot of countries root for underdogs.

questionmark

I dispute the Americanism of apple pie and baseball :P We've made apple pies since at least before the 14th century and baseball was invented in England :P.

True on both counts... but with the first they forgot the recipe and started making "American Apple Pie" and with rugby they forgot both the name and the rules, creating "Football" (which happens to be a sissy version of the first)and so on...

ExpandMyMind

Of course football is not a one man team and Ballack was non existent in the last World Cup he played... but everyone to their opinion. Germany is lacking some good players (Ballack being the one I mourn the least)that is true but Germany's main problem is overconfidence with teams like Australia, that's what I'm concerned about.

i could be wrong here but wasn't ballack playing unfit during the last world cup? bah, four years is too long for me to remember specifics but you're right though, one man obviously doesn't make a team. but if you remember back to the last world cup, something i do remember is that they had a very young team, a team which has now, four years later, built itself around ballack. that is why i think he'll be such a huge loss for them.

my prediction could be wrong anyways as i've been looking at previous first games for germany and it seems they usually start the competition firing on all cylinders. we'll soon see.

Edited by expandmymind

ExpandMyMind

:lol:

i agree.

not sure what i think the score will be but i do think the aussies are capable of upsetting ze germans.

olympic1

aussie aussie aussie

oi oi oi :w00t:

Cetacea

i could be wrong here but wasn't ballack playing unfit during the last world cup? bah, four years is too long for me to remember specifics but you're right though, one man obviously doesn't make a team. but if you remember back to the last world cup, something i do remember is that they had a very young team, a team which has now, four years later, built itself around ballack. that is why i think he'll be such a huge loss for them.

my prediction could be wrong anyways as i've been looking at previous first games for germany and it seems they usually start the competition firing on all cylinders. we'll soon see.

He was for a good bit of it, he played the last few games and he might as well have not. Maybe he wasn't fit, but then he shouldn't have played. Simple. I don't know, I'm not a Ballack fan.

I think this time around the team is a little younger still which is a little worrying but I'm more worried about the combined lack of Adler, Rolfes, Westerman, Kuranyi and Ballack. But then we do have Podolski, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Klose plus promising newish players, for example Marin and Cacu.....

They do have their problems but I don't think the lack of Ballack alone is the problem, I think the squad is pretty decent and the last friendly I saw them play was a lot more exciting than I've seen them in a long time. I'm a bit concerned with the lack of experience but I think there is nothing in the way of Germany finishing top of the group stage as in the past tournaments- if they don't get complacent which I will admit is one of their major flaws!

Wohoo kick off soon!

Mattshark

German world cup record since the 60's:

Chile 1962 Quarter-finals

England 1966 Runners-up

Mexico 1970 Third place

West Germany 1974 Champions

Argentina 1978 Second Round

Spain 1982 Runners-up

Mexico 1986 Runners-up

Italy 1990 Champions

United States 1994 Quarter-finals

France 1998 Quarter-finals

South KoreaJapan 2002 Runners-up

Germany 2006 Third place

That is why you should never write them off, plus some very good young players like Ozil and Marin.

ExpandMyMind

He was for a good bit of it, he played the last few games and he might as well have not. Maybe he wasn't fit, but then he shouldn't have played. Simple. I don't know, I'm not a Ballack fan.

I think this time around the team is a little younger still which is a little worrying but I'm more worried about the combined lack of Adler, Rolfes, Westerman, Kuranyi and Ballack. But then we do have Podolski, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Klose plus promising newish players, for example Marin and Cacu.....

They do have their problems but I don't think the lack of Ballack alone is the problem, I think the squad is pretty decent and the last friendly I saw them play was a lot more exciting than I've seen them in a long time. I'm a bit concerned with the lack of experience but I think there is nothing in the way of Germany finishing top of the group stage as in the past tournaments- if they don't get complacent which I will admit is one of their major flaws!

Wohoo kick off soon!

well it's obvious you have far more knowledge than me when it comes to germany (probably football as a whole by the looks of things haha). i had no idea that they had so many key players missing. can only mean good news for the aussies, i hope.

on a side note: matt, you are a lucky boy :lol:

German world cup record since the 60's:

Chile 1962 Quarter-finals

England 1966 Runners-up

Mexico 1970 Third place

West Germany 1974 Champions

Argentina 1978 Second Round

Spain 1982 Runners-up

Mexico 1986 Runners-up

Italy 1990 Champions

United States 1994 Quarter-finals

France 1998 Quarter-finals

South KoreaJapan 2002 Runners-up

Germany 2006 Third place

That is why you should never write them off, plus some very good young players like Ozil and Marin.

yes, and also why i always (except this time) put money on them to win it. i think they've got to be the most consistently well performing team in the competition's history.

Mattshark

HT 2-0 to Germany and they look the best team by miles, best team to have played so far.

:D I am indeed mate

Edited by Mattshark

ExpandMyMind

HT 2-0 to Germany and they look the best team by miles, best team to have played so far.

:D I am indeed mate

i stepped out just after the first goal (which looked offside to me by the way, although i don't remember the commentators mentioning anything so it may just have been the awkward camera angle) so i haven't seen the match so far but, yeah, looks like germany are sticking with tradition.

disappointment for the australians :(

asc.rudeboy

True on both counts... but with the first they forgot the recipe and started making "American Apple Pie" and with rugby they forgot both the name and the rules, creating "Football" (which happens to be a sissy version of the first)and so on...

yea yea yea yall always claim the good stuff and say we ripped it off...i never hear things like,HEY WE HAD SLAVERY FIRST,RELIGIOUS OPPRESSION YEA WE STARTED THAT.haha :w00t::devil:

football is not sissy version of rugby,the average NFL player career is 3.5 seasons because of the abuse on their bodies then in later years higher cases of dementia and brain damage from years of abuse and reoccurring concussions ....i dont dislike rugby but it think the impact are harder in American football....for some reason you guys just like to run back and forth and score every once in a wile,,haha

i dont want to make this into a u vs us thing,im enjoying watching the cup and if i wasn't at work id be sipping a good cold bitter right about now. :tu::yes:

questionmark

yea yea yea yall always claim the good stuff and say we ripped it off...i never hear things like,HEY WE HAD SLAVERY FIRST,RELIGIOUS OPPRESSION YEA WE STARTED THAT.haha :w00t::devil:

Sorry, but no... The US actually was very late in introducing slavery... just, if we exclude Arabian and African nations (or should I say, only take western nations into consideration), the last to abolish it.

Cetacea

well it's obvious you have far more knowledge than me when it comes to germany (probably football as a whole by the looks of things haha). i had no idea that they had so many key players missing. can only mean good news for the aussies, i hope.

on a side note: matt, you are a lucky boy :lol:

Lol, well ve Gerrrmans do take ze fussball verry seriously ;) Not that well informed really, but the inner football monster comes out during tournaments lol.

i think the aussies will beat the germans myself.

Ahem, what was that? ;)

I do think the red card was undeserved, it wasn't pretty but not a red :hmm:

Wish they'd bring Marin on though!

asc.rudeboy

Sorry, but no... The US actually was very late in introducing slavery... just, if we exclude Arabian and African nations (or should I say, only take western nations into consideration), the last to abolish it.

haha no i meant yall dont lay claim to those things and say we ripped you off....guess it was not as funny as i thought it was..no worries

stevewinn

Deutschland,Deutschland über alles as they say but Australia was poor, never a sending off. but best game by far. cant wait to see Holland play, and Spain.

hetrodoxly

Is it just me? the horns are starting to get on my nerves a bit, the constant buzzzzzzzz.........................from start to finnish, it would be nice to hear some African singing for a change.

Bogeyman

Well as a neutral , Thank god the tournament has come to life, Germany did to Australia what everyone expected England to do to the USA....No offence yanks :tu:

But the "World cup royalty " has arrived.

Really enjoyed Germany tonight and they have reminded us why we watch the WC. Now it's Argentina , Germany who know why they're there.... Let's see Italy. Brazil, Holland, Spain and the rest step up the mark.///Also well done Ghana.....As we know the first game is more about not losing than winning but tonight the real football kicked off

Edited by Bogeyman