Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
keithisco

2010 Football World Cup!

959 posts in this topic

Queen in the North

GO PARAGUAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you beat me to it!

Good going Paraguay!

Power Lust

I hope so! They deserved to go out at the group stage last time, hope Paraguay hammer them.....

But Paraguay better beware their not so secret weapon:

It could be on 1-0 to Paraguay.

stevewinn

Actually, that particular phrase is carefully avoided if you're German ;)

I agree, it wasn't a sending off offense but I'm not sure how much of a difference it made in the end. Rooting for Denmark and so far I'm (pleasantly!) surprised that Holland are not dominating more, I expected them to have a lot more chances. If they do win, I guess it might be something like 1-0. Think Cameroon-Japan may be quite interesting and am looking forward to enjoying it neutrally lol. Will most definitely be supporting Paraguay against the Italians later on, hoping against hope they will take a beating.

Germany were good like a well oiled machine. German engineering at its best, well balanced, triangle passes, pass and move but who'd have thought two of the German strikers would be Polish.

honorary scouser Kuyt got a goal, well done dirk lad.

Lets wait and see how the boys from Brazil play.

Edited by stevewinn

Abramelin

I'll have to disagree on Holland, I think they did not look convincing, Denmark held their own for the vast majority of the time and gifted them a goal. I'm not convinced hmm.gif

Despite the fact that I am Dutch, I agree with you, Cetacea.

But I think the Dutch team was nervous as hell, and it showed.

Then there was that French referee who didn't let the Danes and Dutch play football; he whistled everytime a Dane or a Dutch player made a sliding or bumped into eachother.

I am glad Van Marwijk (the Dutch trainer) let Elia and Afellay play: these are youngsters who love the ball, and I think they were not as nervous as the rest of the Dutch team.

Mattshark

Despite the fact that I am Dutch, I agree with you, Cetacea.

But I think the Dutch team was nervous as hell, and it showed.

Then there was that French referee who didn't let the Danes and Dutch play football; he whistled everytime a Dane or a Dutch player made a sliding or bumped into eachother.

I am glad Van Marwijk (the Dutch trainer) let Elia and Afellay play: these are youngsters who love the ball, and I think they were not as nervous as the rest of the Dutch team.

I must say though, how De Jong was still on the pitch at HT, never mind FT was beyond me, he should have seen a straight red.

keithisco

Ok - stupid prediction time (copyright Tiggs)

Portugal to win by 2 goals

Brazil to win by gazillions.

Who would have predicted New Zealand to come out with a 1 - 1 draw!!!!

Mattshark

Ok - stupid prediction time (copyright Tiggs)

Portugal to win by 2 goals

Bit late for Portugal, the overrated cheats drew 0-0.

keithisco

Bugger!!! Portugal 0 0 Ivory Coast

Do NOT put any money on my predictions... Might have to revise Brazil later.... Pants!!!

keithisco

Bit late for Portugal, the overrated cheats drew 0-0.

But...but...but...IVORY COAST no.gif Just caught the last five 5 minutes running over to my local bar to buy some ciggies (I am trying to give up - really)

Mattshark

But...but...but...IVORY COAST no.gif Just caught the last five 5 minutes running over to my local bar to buy some ciggies (I am trying to give up - really)

Ivory Coast were a far better team, certainly the more expansive, Portugal only have Ronaldo and he doesn't turn up for big games and can't be bothered if he isn't the centre of attention.

Look at Portugal scraping through behind Denmark in qualification and of course that tough 0-0 with the Cape Verde Islands.

Edited by Mattshark

Cetacea

At the moment Brazil are really underwhelming! Maybe another unlikely draw?! :unsure2:

Space Commander Travis

Well, it looks as though the mighty Brazil will be winning, then. Pity, really; think of all the fun headline writers could've had with "North Korea Torpedoes Brazil" or some such topical reference on the boundaries of taste, if they'd managed to hold them to a goallesss draw.

Mattshark

Lovely goal by PKR at the end there.

Space Commander Travis

Stop press: And in the very last minute, Brazil 2-1 North Korea (Ji Yun Nam)

Well, there's a thing. They may not have won, but they came second pretty respectably.

Edited by 747400

Abramelin

I must say though, how De Jong was still on the pitch at HT, never mind FT was beyond me, he should have seen a straight red.

Yes, he should have been given red.

-----

Btw, i really hoped it would 1-1 for Brasil-North Korea.

I love Brasilan football, but I hoped the poor basterds of North Korea - with their Nazi government - would be able to play even with the Brasilians.

For them it is not just a match, for them its life or death.

If they lose, they will be stripped off of all their socalled 'privilages' in North Korea.

It's a sad thing that people have to play a game right just to survive the government they have to live with.

Cetacea

Stop press: And in the very last minute, Brazil 2-1 North Korea (Ji Yun Nam)

Well, there's a thing. They may not have won, but they came second pretty respectably.

:yes: Decent result for North Korea, though a pity Brazil won. Again though, don't think Brazil was exceptional, I expected them to batter North Korea! :unsure:

Power Lust

Yes, he should have been given red.

-----

Btw, i really hoped it would 1-1 for Brasil-North Korea.

I love Brasilan football, but I hoped the poor basterds of North Korea - with their Nazi government - would be able to play even with the Brasilians.

For them it is not just a match, for them its life or death.

If they lose, they will be stripped off of all their socalled 'privilages' in North Korea.

It's a sad thing that people have to play a game right just to survive the government they have to live with.

Evidence?

I think you watch to much propaganda.

They all look well nourished, well kept and happy.

Abramelin

Evidence?

I think you watch to much propaganda.

They all look well nourished, well kept and happy.

Yes, they do look well nourished and 'happy'.

And now take some time off, and think about why they look so 'happy' and well nourished.

I wil tell you (and I talked with N-Korean refugees here): these football players are what the N-Korean Nazi government wants to show to the world.

So yeah, they are well fed, and yeah, they 'smile'.

I think you are not informed enough. You are an American, right?

These players KNOW what will happen if they don't perform according to the expectations of their government.

*snip* try to enter N-Korea, and ask them about it.

*snip*

Edited by Paranoid Android
Removed insults, personal attacks, and language

Power Lust

And now take some time off, and think why they look like that.

I dont know you tell me with evidence from an unbiased source.

Space Commander Travis

blah blah blah .... rant .....

Oh for heavens's sake, give the propaganda a rest for a bit.

Abramelin

I dont know you tell me with evidence from an unbiased source.

If he so desires, I will let you talk with him on cam.

But I will tell you, the North Korean government are nothing short of Nazis.

If you doubt that then I wonder where you come from and why you even dare to doubt that.

Abramelin

Oh for heavens's sake, give the propaganda a rest for a bit.

*snip*

I talked with refugees.

Did you?

I bet you never did.

Sleep on, Captain Kirk.

Removed personal insult and racist comment

Space Commander Travis

*snip*

I talked with refugees.

Did you?

I bet you never did.

Sleep on, Captain Kirk.

What on earth are you ranting on about. I don't know if you've misread the title of this thread, but this isn't the Political Rants thread. There's plenty of opportunity for those anywhere else you like. Now shoo, if you please, and at least leave somewhere a politics-free zone.

edited quote to remove previous insult

Kismit

I would have predicted a 1-1 draw betweent Slovakia and New Zealand. And if they had of concentrated more on winning instead of on not losing it could have been a victory. Lets hope the Kiwi's can pull off another upset with some more attacking action up front, way too much didling with it out the oppositions end.

Fallon was continualy smothered by Slovakian defenders, he needed to be presented with more oportunities at goal. And it doesn't matter how many times you see a delayed injury fall it still makes a team look bad to be so blatantly playing on it for a penalty.

Edited by Kismit

Space Commander Travis

Equalisers, or compensation goals so the result doesn't look too disgraceful, seem to becoming a bit of a theme. This might actually save a good deal of having to sit through not terribly exciting games, if all the excitement is going to be in the last minute or two. It might also cut down on the vuvuzela exposure.