Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Homo sapiens endowed with three minds, not one

UM-Bot

Doc Edwards: A while back I gave a lecture in a large meeting room near the main campus of The University of Tennessee on “The Three Minds of Man” to an audience of about seventy weary students, who had just finished an intense week long ordeal of testing since it was the end of the semester. As students sometimes do --- if you remember --- to de-stress after all these tests, most of them were also coming off a two or three day celebratory drunk.

As I addressed the audience of about seventy students, I would pause from time to time for emphasis, to get my audience in resonance, as I call it, with what I've come to call, a kind of subconscious rhythm.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• OverSword

• Fernand0

• Trog

With the average IQ being 100 most people have a hard time using just one.

Actually the IQ wouldn't be at 100 if they could access their Super Consciousness.

Just wondering if the article is not just a way to sell something. After following the link in the article this is what I found: If you click at the bottom of the page, you will arrive finally at the place where to send checks and money order.. You will be the judge.

The link in the article is not working, and this article doesn't explain anything about the 3 minds it proposes. What's the point of this?

The link in the article is not working, and this article doesn't explain anything about the 3 minds it proposes. What's the point of this?

Actually it works if you cut and paste into a new link page.. ;) try try and try again until you succeed.. and the point of the article (IMHO) (in my {not so}humble opinion) is the promotion of a book.. which is the mighty euros dollars

This is not to say that the Conscious Mind has no talents, for, indeed, it has many, most of which deal with strictly the physical survival and needs of the body, and in addition to the way and manner we interface directly with our physical environment.

I think the author has his definitions mixed up. You don't have to consciously think about stuff like breathing, heart rate and hormone release; they are sub-conscious processes. Which is a good thing, because the second you'd become distracted by what's on tv and forget to tell yourself to breath, you'd be dead. :P

I think the author has his definitions mixed up. You don't have to consciously think about stuff like breathing, heart rate and hormone release; they are sub-conscious processes. Which is a good thing, because the second you'd become distracted by what's on tv and forget to tell yourself to breath, you'd be dead. :P

I haven't read any of Doc Edward's work but I feel sure that he's referring to the conscious mind , and the subconscious mind and we do have access to a higher Knowledge through meditation , whether that can be referred to as a mind is another question .

There are no unanswered questions in life , that is if we have the time and patience to meditate on that question , and then mostly the answer will come to us .

With the average IQ being 100 most people have a hard time using just one.

Says the metallica fan.

Says the drive by spammer.

Just razzin you Fernando. But the truth about Metallica is thier fans made them the biggest band in the world without one song on the radio and without one video on MTV. The way they repaid us, thier original fans who won't buy thier crap now, was once they were the biggest band in the world, to change thier style from real metal to bubble gum crap. They went from inviting anyone and everyone to bring recording devices to thier shows and then distribute the recordings to whoever they wanted, to leading the music industry in prosecuting file sharers. They went from putting out an album a year to an album every 5 to 8 years. But hey brother, if you like thier music I know they like spending your money.

Is that all you guys got? Nothing?

What he meant to say is that your physical right-mind is very possessive and does not like to let go (it will cry, become angry, fearful but does not like losing it's control). Other than that, what is attention for?

To make things happen.

Most aren't even aware of their spiritual side/higher mind, and those who seek it are. It is very simple to say but a true battle awaits each who wants to learn.

Speaking of lectures; I remember one very well. I was exhausted and could not get away and was forced to sit there while I could barely keep my eyes open. This friend of mine was the lecturer and I liked her very much (as a person).

She spoke for probably an easy half hour or so straight with no breaks in front of about 60 people or so.

Btw, this was a very serious thing to attend and not for a second could I excuse myself.

In any case, I was falling asleep in my chair and dozed off for the last half (15mins or so) literally sitting straight up, being not very interested in what she was saying (at all). At the very conclusion of her speaking (literally on her last word) I woke as if coming out of a sort of whirlpool of sleep, and as I awoke, every single word of the entire lecture raced through my mind in approximately one half second, and as I opened my eyes I knew her true meaning and intent (towards us). But I also knew I had been asleep for half of it. I felt as if I had been inside her mind and words were now unnecessary.

Suffice it to say that when you hear of drugs, dancing, sleep deprivation, drum beating, etc., these are all tools to make your right-mind attention let go.

I almost forgot. The 3rd mind he speaks of is when you successfully join your first 2. What A Rush! lol

\metallica sucks imo no offense

Edited by devilmaycare

Interesting, I know nil about psychology or whatever field of study this falls under, but intriguing none the less.

Just razzin you Fernando. But the truth about Metallica is thier fans made them the biggest band in the world without one song on the radio and without one video on MTV. The way they repaid us, thier original fans who won't buy thier crap now, was once they were the biggest band in the world, to change thier style from real metal to bubble gum crap. They went from inviting anyone and everyone to bring recording devices to thier shows and then distribute the recordings to whoever they wanted, to leading the music industry in prosecuting file sharers. They went from putting out an album a year to an album every 5 to 8 years. But hey brother, if you like thier music I know they like spending your money.

eh...not a big Metallica fan myself, but, what does this have to do with the thread? :/

• 4 weeks later...