Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evolution

Jesus_Freak

I was brought up christian, and i am extremly faith-filled. so naturally, i think evolution is a crock of s**t.

My Reasons:

1) If we came from apes, then why are apes still around? (i know, there's holes in that, with other species evolution, but still, it's a thought)

2) Why are we, as humans so far more advanced in knowledge compaired to other creatures, even our "ape relatives", parrots, and porpuses? We have been far far ahead of any other creature in knowledge for tens of thousands of years.

3) We can adapt to so many more environments, we are far more advanced, not only in knowledge, and many other things, but also natural characteristics. we can handle heat, cold, water, climate, almost anything.

4) All theories, every one of them, has some hole in it somewhere that keeps it from being fact.

i would like to know your thoughts on evolution

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• saucy

• BurnSide

• Jesus_Freak

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know where you think we came from.

Evolution is the only sane, real possibility. We have thousands of tons of evidence supporting it, from early man remains to you name it. It's not theories, it's scientific FACT.

If i'm correct, you're saying we magically and mysteriously POPPED into existance one day, and started building houses and talking to each other?

'Oh! Hello Bob. Lovey day to start the existance of mankind isn't it?'

Or if you prefer your Adam and Eve theory, that would mean that every person on earth is inbred, and that would go very much so against gods wishes, no?

1) If we came from apes, then why are apes still around? (i know, there's holes in that, with other species evolution, but still, it's a thought)

We didn't come from apes, we are apes. And all the ape species we evolved from are quite gone. The other species of apes still alive on the planet are (like us) branch offs of the various evolutionary trees that have not resulted in a dead end.

You might as well ask why there are something like 100,000 species of beetles, or a million species of fly.

Why are we, as humans so far more advanced in knowledge compaired to other creatures, even our "ape relatives", parrots, and porpuses? We have been far far ahead of any other creature in knowledge for tens of thousands of years.

Because we killed them. Neanderthals were a distant cousin of ours, and like us they were very advanced (ignore what you hear about them being less intelligent that our ancestors, modern science believes that they were about the same). However, we competed against them and won, most likely as we, not them were more adaptable so the changing climate that occurred around 10,000 years ago.

Humans are a vicious aggressive species, any other species which we cannot get along with we destroy. As such it is natural that our closest competition for food and shelter would be a species with similar technology. Therefore they would be our biggest rival. Therefore the species least likely to survive us.

We can adapt to so many more environments, we are far more advanced, not only in knowledge, and many other things, but also natural characteristics. we can handle heat, cold, water, climate, almost anything.

Natural Selection. Humans lack physical strength, armour, speed, claws, sharp teeth, flight, athleticism, or anything else that can give us an edge over our competition. Therefore our species developed intellect, as did other advanced species such as the Neanderthal. We however, unlike other advanced species, had another trait other than intellect. Adaptability. 10,000 years ago the ice ages were ending, new environments were appearing over decades. In this, it was the species that were more adaptable which survived. Less adaptable species such as mammoths and woolly-rhinos died, as did the less adaptable Neanderthal, leaving us and other mammal species remaining as a fairly adaptable group.

We are not the only mammal species that can adapt fast (warm bloodedness helps this) . In cold climates around the world you can find artic foxes, dogs, bears, cats etc. We (and they) are mammals. Mammals adapt.

All theories, every one of them, has some hole in it somewhere that keeps it from being fact.

That is because science, unlike religion, continually updates itself with new knowledge and findings. Science is also open minded enough to consider its views as theories of which we have so much still to learn. Much of the evolution theory hasn't actually changed at all since Darwin, rather its been tweaked and expanded, but the original idea remains the same. Science admits were it has holes and continually strives to fill them, religion does not.

Edited by Talon S.

I've learned a long time ago that getting into this debate with non-believers is worthless and a waste of time. If you're a full-fledged believer in the bible and Jesus, just accept the first phrase of the bible. "In the Beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Of course, that phrase didn't satisfy me who was a firm believer in evolution turned Christian. I had to research and find out more and what I found out totally turned me off to evolution. I learned it's all garbage.

Don't sit around and ask everyone else what they think of evolution because you might just be getting misinformation. Go out and research it yourself. At my site I have many interesting pieces of information under the creation vs. evolution board if you're truly interested in learning more about evolution.

thanks saucy, and no burnside, i dont beleive we magically appeared, God created us, and yeah, i guess you could say we are all inbred... and talon, scientists are p***ed off, cuz all of their findings, everything they do shows that if you go far enough back, it all leads to one supreme being creating everything.

Not only that, but the scientists aren't finding anything out there at all that supports their theory of evolution.

If you guess we're all inbred, wouldn't that be completely against gods teachings?

Now why would he create us and have us god completely against what he teaches as the first thing we do?

Doesn't really make much sense now does it.

scientists are p***ed off, cuz all of their findings, everything they do shows that if you go far enough back, it all leads to one supreme being creating everything.

Well at least I gave an A4 page worth of text for my arguement rolleyes.gif

Not only that, but the scientists aren't finding anything out there at all that supports their theory of evolution.

...indeed bones patterns, DNA, family groups, and selective breeding all fake, rolleyes.gif I got it whistling2.gif

No, we're not going to get into this again.